Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: autolabor  (Read 979 times)

Crust13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
autolabor
« on: December 22, 2014, 05:50:10 pm »

is auto labor cheating.  I feel guilty

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
Re: autolabor
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 07:01:59 pm »

Not really. I mean, it does simplify things. But you miss out on some of the finer parts of assigning jobs to dorfs. That's where a lot of the story comes from for me. Matching personalities to jobs and whatnot. Dreams of crafting a masterwork and has a penchant for being cruel and laughing maniacally? Bone carver.

I like looking at what my engravers are into before I send them off to smooth for experience. Same for craftsdorfs. Having military dorfs that aren't perfect fits for service usually has some fun tied to it too.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.

Crust13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: autolabor
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 02:45:14 pm »

I agree.  Since I posted this I've had mor experience.  I prefer the DFHack labor asign screen to therapist but as I get 25 to 30 dwarves it's hard to keep things running smoothly.  I do at times restart the game without it in search of more control.  It's a nice feature.