Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Resetting permuted tiles  (Read 567 times)

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Resetting permuted tiles
« on: January 08, 2015, 04:12:17 pm »

I currently have a succession game with a friend running, and said friend uses a texture pack. I rather like to play without any texture packs or different tilesets, which should be no problem, but when I received the savegame from him, I found out that a lot of tiles are permuted (e.g. instead of "Ö" there is "ÿ" for wheelbarrows). Large pots are replaced with something else, as are most of the rough wall tiles.
I have searched around the web and the wiki, but have not found a simple instruction how to reset these changes back to the default. So how do I do it?
I am an or-di-na-ry dwarf
burning down the !!fort!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Resetting permuted tiles
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:51:59 pm »

You download DF without a graphic set, take everything that is in raw/objects and copy it into data/save/region#/raw/objects, overwriting everything.

That only works if you did no mod anything, and I'd recommend making a backup of your save first.

Thats it, it will fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Grahar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:32:53 pm »

The Problem with that is: I do not remember the DF-Version I created this world with, but I know there have been some modifications to the raws since (gelding etc.). Is it dangerous to replace the old raw files of this savegame with the new versions?
I am an or-di-na-ry dwarf
burning down the !!fort!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »

Maybe, depends on the version. Try it out, see what happens.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::