Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Friendly Troll  (Read 6367 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Friendly Troll
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2014, 12:16:21 pm »

It would have changed all trolls, yes. I'm not sure if your dwarves would try to tame trolls already tamed by the goblins, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2014, 03:45:37 pm »

They wouldn't have, sadly. Otherwise, you could get to the point where your dwarves are masters of troll domestication, after which...well:
Hey, Urist, there's an invasion outside. Go tame some of those trolls.
Again? Why is it always me?
Because the overseer doesn't like having more than one dwarf spent on animal training. Now go out there and train them for Armok's sake.
*Sigh...*
The stray troll (tame) bites the goblin lasher in the left ear and the severed part flies off in an arc!
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

I have yet to fiddle around with the raws (done some init file tweaks before, but that's it)

Had I done as suggested by Naryar, would it have changed all trolls?

I can just see the dorfs now, trying to give wild boar sweetbreads to invading murderous trolls.

Yes, it would have changed all trolls, but the trolls that are part of sieges will stay enemies.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 06:37:01 pm »

In fact, i had once friendly gobo, and he was just warebeast in his lesser form. Meybe this is a case too?
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »

And this sad story, dear friends, only prove, that those bloodthirsty, club-waving trolls on permanent kill frenzy may actually have a point.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.
Pages: 1 [2]