Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How long?  (Read 8171 times)

spelguru

How long?
« on: May 24, 2002, 02:05:00 am »

How is it going with the next version of Armok? And when can we expect it?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: How long?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 09:54:00 am »

I just "finished" the third thing that I wanted to do (summaries of creature descriptions) -- although I have to work on it a lot more before I'll be remotely satisfied...  it's a very hard problem.  The creature summaries are going to be horrible right now, because we need a lot more behavioral/diet information to do them justice.  They currently just point out unusual sizes and colors as well as dangerous parts.

I'm moving on to the actual editors now.  I have six of them to do.  The school year is ending here...  since I'm a TA, there will be a crunch of things to do over the next few weeks.  I also have some pre-research-related problems I'm working on.

So I can't give a release date.  I have no idea.  Things will be slow until around June 8th when school gets out.  I'll probably be able to finish the easiest editors during that time.  Then I'll finish the hard ones.  Even if I just write bare editors that just interact with the nuts and bolts of the creatures, it will take a long time.  And I assume people want enough short-cuts built in so that making creatures is convenient.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 04:24:00 pm »

I say take your time!  A well done and relatively bug free release is preferable to a rushed one out a week earlier!    :cool:

spelguru

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2002, 08:55:00 am »

I just realized something, when I donīt post messages int the Armok forum, nobody ever posts here. I stopped posting and then other post just slowed down and stopped. You could say that I am the lifeblood of this forum!!! Thanks to this post i guess that posting will resume for one or two days and then stop again. "It feels so empty without me." Eminem: The Eminem Show

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2002, 10:40:00 am »

No, not really...  this forum does exist independantly of you, its just that Tarn is very busy so were just waiting for him to give us all a new release.