Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 14: Wrapped up  (Read 32860 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 14: Its actually working now
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2015, 11:23:25 am »

I might be out this game, I was forgetful, staled, and am now completely fucked.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2015, 11:30:47 am »

I'm of the "go down fighting" school of thought, but you know your situation best.

---

First up, Ulm, you're cool! I'm cool! We're cool! Let's be cool!

Second, everyone, Ulm has 3 of 6 thrones required to win claimed. I'm not saying let's kill him, just saying that uh... let's all keep that in mind shall we? All he needs is 4/6 and he can blitz the remaining two with his prophet & pretender to insta-win. I've seen a few throne wins where people just weren't expecting it. Let's try to do better here, shall we?

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2015, 12:28:16 pm »

I can't possibly win without taking at least one throne at the top.

Guess who controls the top? And I mean ALL of the top? Pangaea!

Guess who knows that because he's been taking a LOT of land period, especially in that area? Formoria!

...What were we talking about again?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2015, 04:00:06 pm »

Technically I still have my capital Hellheart. He doesn't own all the top! Vive la C'tis!

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 23, 2015, 06:02:15 pm »

For full disclosure, I have 1/6 thrones claimed with two more within easy reach. So technically I'm sitting at 3/6 like Ulm. But like Ulm, I can at best claim two thrones per turn (assuming mobile pretender that's not dormant/imprisoned/dead).

So uh, yeah, if you guys see Pan, Fomoria or Ulm claim up to 4/6 thrones (or anyone else but that's the obvious top-3 in no particular order), that's your cue to gank the hell out of us. Though looking at Fomoria's humongous bless I'm guessing he's got an imprisoned immobile, but that's no excuse to let him creep up to 5/6 before acting.

That's just to remind everyone that this is in fact a thrones game, and not just a FFA killfest. Don't let the sight of blood blur your view.

*resuming bloodshed*

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 24, 2015, 01:16:31 am »

don't worry, we count on you three to assault each-other if you get too close to throne victory ;)

akirilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 24, 2015, 09:54:10 am »

Ironically, I only control 2 thrones, since the sight of bloodshed, but mostly learning to manage my empire and responding to some Ermorian incursions, has gotten in the way of, you know, trying to win.  I am still learning the game, though, and have been needing the whole 2.5 days to take my turns - with work picking up, finding 45 minutes to browse and tinker with stuff (while I am clear-headed) has become more difficult.  I am by no means saying that to imply that I am considering dropping out - just apologizing for being so slow.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:37:47 am by akirilus »

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 24, 2015, 10:59:15 am »

Don't worry about being slow.
Being slow means you have more time to make decisions, so you are a better oppnent, which means we all get a more interesting game ;)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2015, 06:02:38 pm »

Is it just me or did this game's time limit accidentally get set to a week?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2015, 06:05:50 pm »

Well we do seem to be on a 96h turn interval, but I don't recall seeing any post indicating we'd have gone beyond 48h at any point.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #295 on: April 04, 2015, 06:10:46 pm »

If more than two thirds of the people are still unsubmitted when the 12h warning comes I have a tendency to extend the time some. Though looking at it I need to get my turn in as I am the last one we are waiting on at the moment.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 04, 2015, 07:12:15 pm »

I often get my turn in within 10-20 minutes before the due date if I'm busy IRL or if I'm just behind for whatever reason. But it normally takes something like my getting sick or outright forgetting a turn to actually Stale.

So if you extend because I haven't sent in my turn, I'll have sent it in by the original date regardless :P

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 10, 2015, 02:40:12 pm »

Hello! I'm just going to rudely butt into your game thread and advertise that game Dominions 4 - Round 11B needs a sub for Jotunheim!

We're well entrenched in the late game at this point (TURN 82!) with several contenders for the top slot. The game is 9/18, level 1 thrones only for victory. Jotunheim is in a good position, enjoying several in game years of peace between its neighbors with some strong resources at it's disposal for people interested in playing the late game and trying out strategies they might not try otherwise.

Jotunheim currently only has two thrones in its possession but the opportunity to expand if the more aggressive player is interested in seizing them. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in taking over and I will happily explain anything that needs explaining. Thanks for reading!

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 10, 2015, 04:54:46 pm »

Why don't you just send in your turn when you extend the time limit? I'll take advantage of any extra time I'm given, but I imagine I have a lot more choices to make than you do.

TLDR: Waiting on Machaka again :P

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #299 on: April 10, 2015, 05:18:20 pm »

Access to Internet != Access to Game
Ever since I got a smartphone things have gotten both easier and harder in various ways.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24