Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 14: Wrapped up  (Read 32812 times)

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 14: Its actually working now
« Reply #300 on: April 10, 2015, 05:38:14 pm »

Ahhh. Great for Werewolf, terrible for Dominions.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2015, 04:23:39 pm »

Seeing how Machaka got killed, do we perhaps need a new admin? In my experience, non-playing admins tend to have more lapses when it comes to keeping eyes on postponement requests and such. Anyone up for the job?

And while we're speaking of administering, are there people at play currently who feel we need a 96h schedule? Personally I'd prefer a 28h one, but even a 48h one would be an improvement as far as game pace is concerned.

Edit:

Any comments on EA Machaka, Akhier? Other than that it's not easy to live between Ulm and double bless Fomoria.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:50:55 pm by Delta Foxtrot »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2015, 05:40:39 pm »

Yes I was about to ask for someone to join in on admin work. As for EA Machaka not really. My problem wasn't being stuck between people but rather the fact I got stopped twice from expanding and lost a lot of troops to the throne next to me.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2015, 09:01:03 pm »

Seeing how Machaka got killed, do we perhaps need a new admin? In my experience, non-playing admins tend to have more lapses when it comes to keeping eyes on postponement requests and such. Anyone up for the job?

And while we're speaking of administering, are there people at play currently who feel we need a 96h schedule? Personally I'd prefer a 28h one, but even a 48h one would be an improvement as far as game pace is concerned.

Edit:

Any comments on EA Machaka, Akhier? Other than that it's not easy to live between Ulm and double bless Fomoria.
I'd prefer 48h.  The way my schedule works lately, there are a few days of the week where I might plausibly not have the time to play Dom 4 at all.

Also that way I can finally do both my games at the same time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #304 on: April 14, 2015, 03:42:45 pm »

So I just thought of something. Is there a way to contact whoever is in charge of llama server? I ended up delaying the game a bit because I like to get the 12h reminder and it would be nice if I could just go admin and put an email that will always receive the reminder.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 14, 2015, 03:53:31 pm »

The end of every mail you get from llamaserver should have some contact info.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 14, 2015, 03:55:06 pm »

I don't think it's possible to add an Email address to the game's normally.
There should be llamabeast's address soemwhere on the site, if you need to contact him.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #307 on: April 14, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »

@tompliss
I meant through llama server as it already sends out warning emails. I just want to also be able to have an email that the reminder email will always get sent to so I can get a warning if someone would end up stalling or what have you.

@Delta Foxtrot
Ah I completely forgot about that. Good thing I save the new turn emails till the game is over.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:49 pm »

If anyone is interested I have started uploading videos of this round from my point of view. The first video is up now, the next tomorrow and then every other day till the fifth and final video. The playlist is here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 14: Players have fallen, No I'm Not Salty
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2015, 10:00:40 pm »

Nice!  I'm thinking whatever game I join after my current two, I'll do an AAR.

Not these though.  I'm not sure anyone would really care what I did here.  Looking back knowing what I currently know, I've played pretty badly.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2015, 10:48:56 pm »

At this point I just record everything I play.

akirilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 18, 2015, 02:28:52 pm »

Hey guys - just wanted to ask for a 24 hour extension for the current turn - I doubt I'll be able to submit it before 9 pm tonight, but I will definitely be able to submit it late tonight.  Thanks - sorry about that :( .

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #312 on: April 18, 2015, 04:23:12 pm »

Seeing as there are a couple stalls in the log I assume I missed extending the time. Do we want to rollback?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 18, 2015, 05:22:55 pm »

Had the finished turn.  I don't even know.  Either I mistakenly submitted the .trn file instead of the .2h file, or I had a few corrections I wanted to do and then mistakenly believed I submitted the turn.

Either way I just waited like 4 days for the next turn only to stale :/  I'm OK with rolling back or not.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 18, 2015, 05:36:25 pm »

don't mind, don't care :/
getting worried bzecause of the difference of power in this game... at least those my scouts can inform me about .... :(
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24