Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 14: Wrapped up  (Read 32550 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 14: Re-Restarted Because the (not us) Gods Hate this Round
« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2015, 11:50:34 am »

Ah. Good! I can get back to getting my face stomped into the ground. I was missing that so.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dominions 4 Round 14: Re-Restarted Because the (not us) Gods Hate this Round
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2015, 01:53:25 pm »

If I get the 12h notice and there are still people who haven't posted their turns I do a stealth 12h extension just in case someone gets caught in traffic or some other silly thing from real life.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

akirilus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excerpt from an F.I.A briefing (Fomorian Intelligence Agency)

Agent:  ...with regards to Ermorian troops, we observed them to be effective but sex-crzed.

King:  could you... elaborate... on that?  I am not sure I follow.

Agent:  yes sir - we observed a recent engagement with Machaka, where Ermorian troops performed admirably, and completely overwhelmed the local defense force.  With certain victory in sight, they abandoned the field as if dark angel was chasing them.

King:  Strange - what gives?  There was no dark angel, was there???

Agent:  No - it turns out just then a runner arrived informing them that the local brothel is doing a "buy one, get one free" special, so the entire army dropped their weapons and went to partake.  Our report states that the surviving members of the Machakan militia were so stunned, they went to the brothel as well.

King:  bad day for an invasion, it seems.  But a great day to be the owner of the local whorehouse.  We should take a note of this if they ever decide to invade us.  Is there anything else?

Agent:  ...ummm.... yes...?  well...  there was a little miscommunication with Machaka.  I mean tiny.  You know how we have prepared diplomatic letters for different occasions, since the language is always so formal and poor phrasing could be costly, and all such considerations?

King:  I know, I wrote most of them, where is this going?

Agent:  we meant to send them a letter congratulating them on their recent... defensive efforts...

King:  yes - their brothel did impressive work

Agent:  and, stupid mistake, I know, instead of sending letter form 2145 we sent letter form 1245.  Simple mistake really...

King:  and that was?...

Agent:  ... umm - a declaration of war, sir.

King:  so let me get this straight.  You declared war on Machaka BY ACCIDENT?

Agent:  Yes!  Then we confirmed the letter, thinking it was a routine inquiry.

King:  Then WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE.  GO CLEAN UP YOUR MESS, NOW THAT YOU'VE STARTED IT!

King (mumbles to himself) :  I am surrounded by MORONS.  I know I am going to have to take care of this myself.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could we change the thread title to something other than "Re-Restarted"? Every time this gets bumped I get scared we restarted yet again. Just a small thing for my peace of mind.

Also I did spy some interesting developments around Machaka. Seems there's excitement to be had all around.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dominions 4 Round 14: Its actually working now
« Reply #259 on: March 03, 2015, 07:08:39 pm »

This better?
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 03, 2015, 07:16:23 pm »

I am pleased.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #261 on: March 03, 2015, 09:36:57 pm »

Those giants are quite stompy but my, what is this pain in my back?

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2015, 02:04:01 am »

We have come to retake the lions that you have stolen from us under the cover of night, some undetermined time ago.

They were definitely stolen. We would never accidentally let our lions starve to death because we were busy conquering the world. That would be unethical and callous.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2015, 04:21:05 am »

Just going to point out my last lions where gone quite a while ago. I don't actually like them mid-game. It just happens you tend to end up with a situation on the first couple turns where you can buy more lions then other units.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2015, 02:44:42 pm »

Ulm has stalled a turn and not submitted this turn yet either so I have postponed the time a bit.

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2015, 05:38:26 pm »

I still have 4 hours!

But I stalled because I ended up with severe food poisoning that required an IV, and then passed out for some 20-odd hours. It was certainly an anomaly.

This particular delay stems more from the other game I staled in on Desura, where I'm running mass-reanimation, mass-Bloodhunting Lanka. I've got a system for handling those turns so I don't get overwhelmed (started with 2 stages, now it's closer to 4 and I'll soon have to add a 5th stage dedicated solely to tasking mages/hunters and balancing research amounts with my goals), and it takes a couple turns to get things running smoothly again after a stale.

...We're also just waiting on you now  ;)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:14:05 pm by Hellheart »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 14, 2015, 03:06:06 pm »

That's an awfully appropriate army from Ermor.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 14, 2015, 03:50:57 pm »

Well, that's probably my last turn.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 14, 2015, 08:06:09 pm »

You fought valiantly.

Maybe if you had a bit better expansion we wouldn't have been forced into an early war. Oh well, coulda woulda shoulda. What sort of build did you go with?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2015, 07:57:53 am »

Can I have like a 12 hour extension?

Edit: Didn't need it.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:01:00 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24