Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 14: Wrapped up  (Read 32553 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 14: Its actually working now
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2015, 01:53:32 pm »

You fought valiantly.

Maybe if you had a bit better expansion we wouldn't have been forced into an early war. Oh well, coulda woulda shoulda. What sort of build did you go with?

I went with the, how it is called? Terrible mismanagement leading to nothing strategy? Yeah. I thought it would be good but for some reason it just didn't work out!

Anyway, thanks y'all for my first game of dominion. I sure learned. Well. Not a lot actually. But some things. Next time hopefully I'll do better. And I'm sorry I'm leaving a Pangaea that's like twice as big as it should be for the rest of you to deal with.  ;) Good luck.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2015, 01:59:25 pm »

I went with the, how it is called? Terrible mismanagement leading to nothing strategy? Yeah. I thought it would be good but for some reason it just didn't work out!

Anyway, thanks y'all for my first game of dominion. I sure learned. Well. Not a lot actually. But some things. Next time hopefully I'll do better. And I'm sorry I'm leaving a Pangaea that's like twice as big as it should be for the rest of you to deal with.  ;) Good luck.

Fomoria and Ulm haven't been lazing around either.
and lord knows Ermor is trying :P
Did you two have a chat or is this pure opportunism on Ermor's part?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 17, 2015, 02:05:11 pm »

Ermor attacked you?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 17, 2015, 02:05:54 pm »

With C'tissian auxiliaries, no less.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 17, 2015, 02:07:21 pm »

I did talk to him, but I had no idea that he was fighting you.
Sorry that I wasn't actually any good Ermor.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 17, 2015, 02:19:42 pm »

You fought valiantly.

Maybe if you had a bit better expansion we wouldn't have been forced into an early war. Oh well, coulda woulda shoulda. What sort of build did you go with?

I considered attacking you early because I saw one of your provinces had 3 death scales and thought "oh shit they must be using some kind of advanced aggressive strategy I don't know about."

Looks like that wasn't the case :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2015, 02:21:37 pm »

Various magic sites can affect the scales of a province as well. A handy list here:
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/grigio87s-site-searcing-handbook

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 17, 2015, 02:22:43 pm »

Indeed, I figured that was it, but I never got the chance to actually send a high enough level death mage out there to find out what the heck that was.

Edit: Looking at that list, I'm going to guess it's the well of disease. At least if it can spread further then it's own province, because all my commanders were constantly getting diseased and dying. I thought that was one of you guys fucking with me somehow or something. Or really bad luck.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:30:01 pm by Criptfeind »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 17, 2015, 02:57:29 pm »

Indeed, I figured that was it, but I never got the chance to actually send a high enough level death mage out there to find out what the heck that was.

Edit: Looking at that list, I'm going to guess it's the well of disease. At least if it can spread further then it's own province, because all my commanders were constantly getting diseased and dying. I thought that was one of you guys fucking with me somehow or something. Or really bad luck.
For future reference there's an item that spreads disease to its carrier and the province its in.  So a possible counter would be patrolling the affected province in hopes of killing whoever's messing with you.

I've considered putting it on a scout before but honestly the death gems+fort turn to hire scout seems like an inefficient use of resources.  That and the obvious weakness of having to infect yourself before you can even try infecting the enemy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 17, 2015, 03:09:34 pm »

Bane Venom Charm (the item in question) is a construction-4 item, so you can generally rule it out if you're noticing weird stuff during the expansion phase. After that it could be anything though.

As for using it, I've had it used against me and it didn't strike me as too devastating. It's certainly worth the gems if you manage to infect a large number of mages or something, but you're not guaranteed to get there before you're patrolled out. And even then you'll only come out ahead if you wait for the ten turns it takes for disease to kill something.

As part of a drawn out do-or-die endgame crawl? Sure, that's one additional tool that might be worth the few gems it takes at that stage. But as far as early/midgame warfare is concerned, I don't think it's going to be able to do enough damage in a reasonable time frame to be worth it. Also by lategame you can probably summon Harvesters of Sorrow, which are twice as expensive as BVC's, but you don't need to get a seperate scout, they're stealthier, have better combat stats and can fly. But even so I might prefer to use something a bit more straightforward.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 17, 2015, 03:33:00 pm »

So, I guess I still have the question about the expansion agreement.

And since I'm outa the game now I figure this is a good time to ask (Although I guess it might not be a good time to answer for you, if that's the case, then just ignore this or send a PM or something)

Did I sorta get screwed over by our expansion agreement? And what would you have done about it if you were me? I sorta considered just turning you down and attacking you as soon as you offered it. Considering how it all turned out, that seems like it might have been a better thing to do then what I did in the end (which was practically nothing.) But I dunno.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2015, 03:51:02 pm »

I'll check my inbox and write a proper PM once I've gone over our correspondence.

What I can say is that I tried to make it appear as fair to you as possible while being as beneficial to me as possible. Which is basically how you want all your dominions deals to be.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2015, 05:28:35 pm »

Oh, excuse the Ermorian expeditionary force, it means no harm.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Hellheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 18, 2015, 12:04:49 am »

Unless you have very attractive, muscular men.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2015, 10:48:24 am »

Oh, excuse the Ermorian expeditionary force, it means no harm.

Your centurion was most agreeable. And it seems your troops are all enjoying the sunshine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24