Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Flight of the Twelve Behemoths 2015 [Resolve-Building Thread]  (Read 16464 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Flight of the Twelve Behemoths 2015 [Resolve-Building Thread]
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2015, 03:46:00 am »

If anyone is interested I have a GreaseMonkey / javascript which culls threads from my unread replies. You need to modify the list though to match specifically the threads you want to have erased. I just chucked it up here:

http://jgame.net.au/scripts/bay12topic.user.js
You are literally the best thing ever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2015, 08:54:08 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:55:01 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2015, 09:09:19 pm »

I gave it a whirl, looks like you need to grab the thread ID from the thread URL and shove that in the array topics. The ID is the very last bit of the thread's URL if you go to the first post, between the '=' and the '.' From there, I installed it through Tampermonkey, since I'm using a browser based on Chrome, but your mechanism may vary and it sounds like you already got that part worked out.

Interestingly, it nuked the thread I tested it on on the normal forum index page. That may or may not be intended.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Flight of the Twelve Behemoths 2015 [New Year's Resolutions]
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2015, 09:30:33 pm »

I figured it's about time to update this...
Spoiler: Dropped tasks/fails (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2015, 03:42:42 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2015, 01:04:04 am »

Not-Quite-May Update: Featuring Fuckloads of Failure (and alliteration, which automatically makes it better!)

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2015, 08:43:55 pm »

Overall, doing a lot better now. Unfortunately, it turns out my goal Number 3 is impossible for reasons beyond my control. Not all the courses I need are available at the right time. I'll have to figure out a replacement goal; the obvious one is not likely to be finished until next year, simply because applications won't be open soon enough. So it won't do.

Need to get to work on those studying things and teaching my niece stuff. I totally fucked up the cooking thing over the last half of the semester, but now that that particular fustercluck is over I'm eating vegetables again. So there will be recovery. There was a lesser stumble in the shaving department, but that's back on track now.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:20:47 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2015, 11:11:34 pm »

Lately, my updates have been so filled with either no progress or complete messes that I've just deleted them and forgot about them. Upon two weeks of thinking, I've gotten rid of goals that I find trivial and added a few that I find important. Hopefully, these stick because I can only reroll once more. Of course, I don't think I'll be making progress for the next couple weeks at the least due to personal events tearing my world asunder. Well... here goes...

Spoiler: Sil's 14 Behemoths (click to show/hide)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2015, 02:09:04 pm »

Overall, disappointing. I never found the opportunity to spend much time with my niece, between work and being exhausted when I'm not working - I've generally been unable to enjoy any family time, in fact. I never figured out an alternative goal for Number 3. Also, turns out my copy of the Aeneid is in Latin. Oops. I started Plato's dialogues instead, but only got about halfway through it. It's also a much longer book, but still not satisfied enough to cross it off. I failed to make myself watch a new computer science course, unfortunately, and I haven't got a good excuse for that. Must work harder. I got through a big chunk of an Introduction to LISP, but I never finished it or did any coding, so I can hardly claim to be proficient. Cooking got even worse after the Fall semester started, for no discernible reason, as did the shaving.

Not the best results, and with Vector gone someone else will have to step up to make another one of these.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2015, 03:38:40 am »

That is 32/120. A highly unremarkable 26.7% of points possible. Maybe next year will be better.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2015, 09:21:20 am »

Of five goals I have only completed one--I have a very good GPA!

Woo?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2015, 05:06:38 pm »

I think I'll need to do this for the coming year. Build my resolve. Get things done. Figure out just what I'm going to be doing past college. I could use the focus!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2015, 08:34:46 pm »

I never set goals for myself in this thread, but 2015 was a hell of a year anyway.  Full of much hard-won success and transformation, but not in anything I expected or necessarily wanted.  Feeling very much knocked off course and lost right now...  and tired.  Looking to regain some direction in 2016.  It seems like this was a turbulent year for everyone... In pretty bad ways for a lot of people I know.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2015, 12:16:44 am »

« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:33:36 am by penguinofhonor »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2015, 09:37:25 am »

* Tiruin sifts through her list...
ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS THING. :I

0. Create 2015 BEHEMOTH GOAL LIST.
Hooray! \o/ Tutorial completed!

Hoo! :D I got some of these done! Yaaay!
I should email Vector soon .-. Totally miss them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9