Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Flight of the Twelve Behemoths 2015 [Resolve-Building Thread]  (Read 16474 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Flight of the Twelve Behemoths 2015 [Resolve-Building Thread]
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2015, 10:22:35 pm »

1. Finally go to Q-Youth, jesus.
2. Get my eyebrows done every 4 weeks and get into the habit of saving money for them.
3. Play piano daily until the end of this month.
4. Get into the habit of showering every night, because I'm a disgusting slob.
5. TIDY MY ROOM EVEN THOUGH I DONT LIVE IN IT.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2015, 03:23:56 am »

MID MARCH UPDATE

WORDS

EXCITEMENT

NOW WITH 72.81% LESS FLAVOUR TEXT

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2015, 08:32:18 am »

March update... AKA "wow, only one goal done ?"

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Flight of the Twelve Behemoths 2015 [New Year's Resolutions]
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2015, 02:59:13 pm »

And over two months.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2015, 01:28:00 am »

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:32:37 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2015, 11:07:36 am »

Let's see if I get anywhere THIS year (doubtful)

1. DK Website
2. Stream schedule, yo!
3. Podcast/Movie - help friends with THEIR projects.
4. I wonder how long I can wait with that real estate stuff?
5. Don't quit job. This is actually a big one, I'm pretty restless when it comes to work
6. Do some cool math stuff- I've watched enough lectures so now I should see if I can do things on my own a little
7. Gaming content; videos? articles? social media one-liners?
8. Find some friends up here... Yep.
9. Potty training!
10. Alphabet!
11. Moar reading!
12. Count to 100!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2015, 01:39:57 am »

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 01:41:41 am by Tiruin »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2015, 05:02:21 am »

[/list][/list]

^ Also idk why the [/list] keeps appearing. It re-appears after deleting. Guess the BBcode is screwed somehow.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:14:19 pm by Caz »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #98 on: March 22, 2015, 08:50:34 pm »

^ Also idk why the [/list] keeps appearing. It re-appears after deleting. Guess the BBcode is screwed somehow.
      CAZ! You totally know my pain! :D
      (Yeah that was my problem in making the OP of my RTD...It was so bad, that it broke the forum coding and had text out of the...text...screen...)

The problem here is noting that the {list} tag is usually misplaced once it is quoted or edited due to extraneous variables like added formatting inside the list-box. This is fixed by ensuring, on the ORIGINAL post, that the bbcode tags are all in comfy-place so there won't be those mess ups.

...Dear gods was I surprised that I was able to break the forum post-box with text all over that way ._.
      Though on the other hand, I did a nifty code-thingy with spoilers and it was all totally worth it.
      But then the RtD went ded due to very slow updates due to my RL fears. But its fixed-ish now.

Also you can totally re-roll goals that generalize the whole year. Like, instead of 'no fites this year D:', you could focus more on the roots which cause that (I mean, you may be involved in a 'fight which has to defend others' so that's technically breaking it, or reword into 'no CAUSING fights this year'), or reword it into 'maintain inner peace' and such! :D
      « Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:18:55 am by Tiruin »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
      • Let us make Good
        • View Profile
      « Reply #99 on: March 22, 2015, 09:25:52 pm »

This has been a bad month, and stressful. I was a fucking moron when I signed up for classes. Ambition's nice, but keeping up with them and basic maintenance is all I seem to be able to do lately. I carve out a net couple hours of leisure every day, but I seem to need to spend them in idleness to stay sane. Should probably cut back on the posting. v unfortunate, much am disappoint
      « Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:27:35 pm by Bauglir »
      In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
      “What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
      Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
      “So that the room will be empty.”
      At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
      • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
        • View Profile
      « Reply #100 on: March 23, 2015, 12:19:39 pm »

The problem here is noting that the tag is usually misplaced once it is quoted or edited due to extraneous variables like added formatting inside the list-box. This is fixed by ensuring, on the ORIGINAL post, that the bbcode tags are all in comfy-place so there won't be those mess ups.
      Yeah... it can be kinda unclear where exactly the 'comfy-place' for the tags not to break goes though. I gave up on fixing it. <_<

Also you can totally re-roll goals that generalize the whole year. Like, instead of 'no fites this year D:', you could focus more on the roots which cause that (I mean, you may be involved in a 'fight which has to defend others' so that's technically breaking it, or reword into 'no CAUSING fights this year'), or reword it into 'maintain inner peace' and such! :D
      I suppose that could work. I don't instigate fights but seem to just end up in the midst of them due to refusing to back down on anything. If I do a non-violent action that causes someone to become violent, it's causing a fight - at least partially.

Gonna grab some of that "maintain inner peace". They sell that in Walmart, right?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #101 on: March 30, 2015, 10:47:11 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:31:22 pm by Vector »
      "The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
      • Let us make Good
        • View Profile
      « Reply #102 on: March 31, 2015, 09:03:26 pm »

Nothing has changed, so no full update, but I've figured out what I'm gonna blow a reroll on.

Less Bay12. It's starting to remind me of how I felt about Facebook before I closed that account, minus such severe privacy issues. Only I actually like you people so I doubt I'll be jumping ship entirely. But I'm spending too much time here, instead of doing my work. I'm going to say that for, oh, maybe 2 consecutive hours of time I'd have available for checking up on threads and stuff, I will not open a Bay12 tab.
      « Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:00:03 am by Bauglir »
      In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
      “What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
      Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
      “So that the room will be empty.”
      At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #103 on: April 01, 2015, 03:29:14 am »

Less Bay12. It's starting to remind me of how I felt about Facebook before I closed that account, minus such severe privacy issues. Only I actually like you people so I doubt I'll be jumping ship entirely. But I'm spending too much time here, instead of doing my work. I'm going to say that for, oh, maybe consecutive hours of time I'd have available for checking up on threads and stuff, I will not open a Bay12 tab.
      Nice note to poke (just my opinion here from experience .-.) is that the forums can wait until first-priority work is done. PM those who may be awaiting a significant post from you, or organize your time schedule in lieu of posting on the forum. :)

I've found that organization helps a ton in removing the worry about 'this before that = no time! :( '

...And my habit of mouse-wheel clicking tabs. That too. >_>
      T'would be nice to also bookmark a certain subset under a folder to denote which threads you're intently watching, and what boards/subboards you're scanning for other threads at times, and such. :D

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #104 on: April 01, 2015, 03:39:27 am »

If anyone is interested I have a GreaseMonkey / javascript which culls threads from my unread replies. You need to modify the list though to match specifically the threads you want to have erased. I just chucked it up here:

http://jgame.net.au/scripts/bay12topic.user.js
      Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9