Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!  (Read 51695 times)

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: The Fortress of Shadowgraves (Succession Game)-Taking Applicants Now!
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2015, 01:59:04 pm »

Solution to 2 problems:
Put the Traders into the Axedwarf Squad. Make battle axes for them. Train them. Profit
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2015, 08:39:33 pm »

=edit wrong thread=
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

Terrabalt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2015, 06:08:34 am »

Overseer Log, 25 Felsite 105 SCREW IT
A Blind Orge attacked some random dwarfes. they defeated the Ogre before i could call the Military, but not before it takes Avuz the Carpenter with it.

Another Blind Orge attacks again, this time i call the Wimps to the fight. It took yet another Carpenter with it.

I dug too deep.
TOO deep.
When i was overseeing the Adamantine mine, one of the miners hit a hollow hole. Suddenly, A horrifying scream pierced through my ear, and likely to the other's, too.

Too scared by what i found, i quickly ran up the stairs, go outside, and run to the Mountainhome. Screw this place, it's as good as destroyed.

Yep, guys. i failed. It seems that i don't have time to allocate to play this, and i just entered the HFS, something that apparently is the hardest thing in DF. so, i forfeited. Sorry. Save file coming soon.

EDIT: Oops. apparently, the game crashed during the saving progress(or i just can't wait and force-close), and it now resets this entire update. as in, this post only. Still forfeit, though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:19:38 am by Terrabalt »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 26, 2015, 09:36:04 am »

Iamblichos is doing DoomForrest right now. It's PyroTechno's turn then.
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 26, 2015, 08:02:06 pm »

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to play.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 26, 2015, 08:08:12 pm »

Ok. I am going to pm Chaoseed then.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2015, 08:16:03 pm »

The list is getting a little short guys, I think I'll take another turn. :)

Terrabalt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2015, 07:30:16 am »

This is too much fun, I would like to be dorfed.
Gelder, if possible :D
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2015, 05:04:48 pm »

Okay, guys! I got the message and I'm here. Fortunately my afternoon is pretty much open, so I can spend some time figuring out what's what.

EDIT: Downloaded the save and loaded it up, so that works. I notice it's 13th of Felsite, Late Spring. I wonder, should I just play until winter, finish the year? Well, I'm probably getting ahead of myself...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:39:49 pm by Chaoseed »
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 28, 2015, 07:51:40 pm »

Can I have a turn and a dorf.
Keep his original name, but give him the title "The Cheese Maker"
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2015, 02:14:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Hey."

"Myeah?"

"You ever wonder why we're here?"

Rimtar Gidthuramost shrugged. "We're hauling underground monster shit, right?"

"What?" Feb Alathcilob stared. "You mean we're supposed to be hauling--"

"No, not ACTUAL feces, Feb!" Rimtar shook his head. "That's just gross."

"Okay, but, why ARE we here?" Feb looked around. "There are a lot of things that have been bothering me about the fortress lately. First of all, have you noticed how many of the others are changing their names?"

"Half a dozen or so, right?"

"Yeah," Feb said. "Why can't WE change our names too? WE'RE the ones who do all the work and witness all the crap that goes on!"

Rimtar shrugged. "I dunno. I never thought about it."

"Probably because you lack vision!" Feb paused, then he nodded. "That settles it. From now on I am...'CHAOSEED' Alathcilob, Proficient Mason!"

"What? What's a 'chaoseed'?"

"I am a SEED of CREATIVITY!"

"Right, whatever." Rimtar nodded. "Okay, then I'm 'The Kaspa' Gidthuramost."

"What?" Chaoseed shook his head. "Sure, fine, I won't even ask. But, really, have you noticed anything odd about the fortress? Like how it's totally open for monsters to come in from the second cavern layer."

"Oh yeah, of course," The Kaspa said. "Like how there's that one bar of giant spider fat soap in the stair to the caverns that no one's allowed to touch?"

"Yeah," Chaoseed said. "Wait, what?"

"Or how someone threw up in the stairwell next to that big empty two-floor room," The Kaspa continued with a shrug. "Threw up on ALMOST EVERY FLOOR?"

"What?" Chaoseed ran a hand over his braided beard. "That big empty room near the office suspended by a pillar?"

"Right, the Office of Death."

"What? There's even more wrong with this fort than I figured," Chaoseed said. "I was just thinking about stuff like, the 'moat' that isn't really a moat, yet there's some random wolverine blood in it."

"Oh yeah," The Kaspa said, nodding. "And right outside are all the poignant memorials to wagons."

"What?"

"Heeeeey!" Both dwarves turned to find a messenger running toward them. The younger dwarf skidded to a halt, panting. "Hey...uh...Feb Alathcilob?" He stared at The Kaspa, who jerked his head toward Chaoseed.

"What?" Chaoseed scowled. "It's Chaoseed Alathcilob now!"

"...whatever," the messenger dwarf said. "Listen, Overseer Terrabalt, Legendary Paper--"

"What? Paper what?"

"--has quit her job to concentrate on raising a family."

"What?"

"And according to the secret laws of succession of Shadowgraves--"

"Which means picking at random from a list," The Kaspa muttered.

"--you, Chaoseed, are the new Overseer of Shadowgraves."

The corpulent dwarf stared.

"...What?"

OOC

But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2015, 02:44:16 am »

Everyone keeps making fun of my giant cave spider soap. :P

A one year old toddler single handedly killed the spider, then I used the soap to block off a terrifying forgotten beast to save the fortress. That's some legendary soap right there.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2015, 11:55:24 am »

"Yeah," Chaoseed said. "Wait, what?"

"Or how someone threw up in the stairwell next to that big empty two-floor room," The Kaspa continued with a shrug. "Threw up on ALMOST EVERY FLOOR?"

"What?" Chaoseed ran a hand over his braided beard. "That big empty room near the office suspended by a pillar?"

"Right, the Office of Death."

"Oh yeah," The Kaspa said, nodding. "And right outside are all the poignant memorials to wagons."

"What?"
Everything stated above was my doing. Most importantly, the Charcoal Hammer of Doom (taste Ash). The Hammer of Doom can also be used to kill vampires as they arrive (I put doors around it to keep dust from hurting "civilians".
The stairway was to help with pathing issues, as the previous path was getting too small.
And the memorials are self explanatory. Remember those wagons, and shed a tear, for they were pure, and only hauled goods, before they were killed.

Edit: I remembered that this is not Doomforrest.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:39:35 pm by maxcat61 »

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2015, 04:49:42 am »

"All right," Chaoseed said. "If I'm going to do this overseer thing, I'm going to do it right. Wasn't there an ogre or something? Let's send The Wimps down after it."

"Some glassmaker died before the Mace Lord took care of the ogres," The Kaspa reported.

"That's too bad," Chaoseed said. "But all the more reason to get the caverns sealed off. I want to put some doors before walling them off completely. Do we have any doors?"

"Uh, good. All right, we should make Metaltown into an actual mini-settlement."

"...wait, what's that elk bird doing down there?"

"All right, whatever," Chaoseed said. "Next order of business?"

"Secret mining projects?" The Kaspa said.

"Already started! I'm going to have one of those fancy overseer tomb-rooms." He stroked his beard as he wandered through the fortress. "Now, why do I keep hearing about items being inaccessible?"

"I'm not sure myself," The Kaspa replied.

"Okay, I forbid everyone from picking up ANY of the body parts that are not immediately usable!" He stopped and looked around. "Did that help?"

"Some."

"Damn. Okay." Chaoseed stood in one place, as The Kaspa waited patiently for his thoughts to run their course. "There's all this stone lying around. Don't we have some big rooms we aren't using?"

"You want to have everyone in the fortress hauling stone?"

"No, not really. Damn again." The dwarf's gaze was drawn downward. "Hey, isn't that the giant cave spider soap? From the spider the baby punched to death?"

"That'd be it, yeah. Awesome, right?"

"Sure, but WHY is no one allowed to PICK IT UP???"

"THANK you." Chaoseed looked around. "Well, spring went by fast, but I have a good feeling about this year."

OOC
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26