Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [Masterwork Community Fortress] Joyous + Evil = ☼Cage☼ 'Death Incarnate'  (Read 9030 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Autumn, Year 3.

Basically about three snatchers arrived, I got some new bedrooms set up and the merchants just made it after the caravan left. What should I request to be imported?

The snatchers were taken down by caravan guards. I am becoming very reliant on caravan guards.

Also, the mood gave us a shell backpack. Cool stuff.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Winter, Year 3.

So they want chopping axes. All I remember. Snapshots aren't working, apologies for that.

Dammit Skaiamechanic! Why do you have to be on break the one time you are really needed in the year?

The merchents left. Mainly requested metal and armor.

We had someone get possessed and he made a kimberlite floodgate.

The White Tigermen invaded again and a hunter is stuck outside.

Good luck with that. In other news, the production of bronze has started.

Save will be up soon.

Save is up!: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10416
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:39:06 pm by Pencil_Art »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump?

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile

Ok. Will get started on save tonight. Next time, just send a pm.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

Oh derp.  My fault as well, kinda lost track :-[  Between me having bugged the world gen on this game, plus Masterwork being scary, I thought it was abandoned.  I fixed the Cavern parameters btw, if anyone wants the WorldGen file.  Will get the op updated, if not tonight, then tomorrow.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile

I will be editing this post a lot. I will only post 4 times, once per season.

That said, here are my reactions upon arriving to the fort:

Diary of a Mad Minion
Spring.
All I ever wanted to do was to pet a Plague Wraith. I mean, how many Dwarves have done that and lived? I heard that one had been captured in the north, at the border. As such, I came there as fast as I could. I had to sneak around about 60 Kitties to get into the fort. I guess they want to pet the legendary Wraith too.

As soon as I stepped into the fort, a frazzled looking dwarf said "Hey, are you the new overseer" and then tossed a large purple cap at me with "overseer" written on it. As soon as it touched my head, I suddenly knew things, things about places I had never been, and I only had one thought:

"Why is there only 7 Booze?!"

I decided to see how the militia of the fort is handling, with all the fans outside. Crowd Control would be important with those rabid groupies outside. Unfortunately, it appears that the militia has not been fully equipped, and needs more armor.

Deciding what to do will be a headache. I will deal with it tomorrow. Dang catgirls(and boys).

After some temporal diorentation, I have decided to log the stocks (and no, I do not need the woodcutter's help). Overnight, some no good cheezemaker or gelder drank 3 of the booze, leaving 4 behind.

Booze levels are so low, dwarves are actively praying for a miracle.

There are coffins in the hallways

This fort needs a miracle.
It has me:

Armok help us all.

Turns out that this fort isn't actually on the edge of destruction.
From what I have been told, The previous overseer ordered just about every industry to be suspended before he left. I quickly told my minions that they could actually work again, so booze levels are at 30 and rising. I also met with the militia, and from what they have told me, they just need equipment. Unfortunately, no one seems to know how to make a nightstick, or a riot shield, so I guess I need to be creative when getting equipment for my Security Dwarves. Bronze is being made down in the magma forges (which were particularly badly designed). I am fixing a mistake that would have let magma crabs and other nasty things in.

There was a lack of trash bins inside the fort: apparently the standard procedure was to dump refuse outside. However, the doors are sealed to keep the Groupies out, so I made an internal trash pit with a triple airlock.

Felsite 19th.
Cat Groupies just left. I guess they got bored or something. A hunter just walked in through the gates. He was rather skinny, almost famished. He said that he had spent a couple of months outside, trapped between the Cats and a locked door. When I asked him how he survived, he told me that he was a magic dwarf, and could turn invisible. He then proceed to vanish, and then drank my secret stash of Sunshine.

I like where this is going.

Also, it was so Rowdy in the Crowd outside that a ghost died! I wonder where a dead ghost goes to, and if it's remains can be harvested?

That's all for tonight. I will post more tomarow.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:32:53 am by maxcat61 »
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

Lol Max, I'm looking forward to this.  Please get some overview/status screens when you can, I'm dieing to see what the Fortress looks like these days.  I have updated the op with chapter links.  If nobody else wants a crack at this, I'll take the next turn, see where we stand from there.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

If I could be next on the list I would be very grateful.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In case I didn't say this, the Plague Wraith cannot be trained for war or hunting. Sorry about that.

.... The previous overseer ordered just about every industry to be suspended before he left. I quickly told my minions that they could actually work again, so booze levels are at 30 and rising.

I did?!? Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 12:10:40 am by Pencil_Art »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

Pencil_Art you left the Fort with 7 booze? :'(  The row of coffins lining the hallway made me laugh though :)
In case I didn't say this, the Plague Wraith cannot be trained for war or hunting. Sorry about that.
To be fair, I don't think it really needs training.  Just pasture it out front and let it fight the next siege.  Also it occurs to me that we still don't know if the evil portion of our territory is resurrecting.  Should probably figure that out at some point, lol.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile

I am on it. Time to pasture and kill a kitten/puppy.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile

I don't think that I can finish this year. Should I post the save, or should we revert?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

Well I'm not in any particular hurry.  You've only just started, if you think you can get in some game time over the next 10 days.  If you're going to be without Dwarves for like 2 weeks or more (I shudder to even contemplate that), then mate88 can take over whichever version he wants.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

Final Diary of Overseer Immortal, 8 Felsite, in the year 124

That's what we get for trying to be nice.  This whole mess started because we were chosen to deliver supplies to some Armok-forsaken output further North.  The world itself knew enough to stay away from these lands; infested as they are with Giant aberrations and unholy weather, even the fabled Cavern creatures saw fit to stay away.  Several prominent Dwarves remain trapped outside, beset by a small army of White Tigerpeople.  Even worse, the Greatest Guard Dog Ever is nowhere to be found.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I check in one final time on the Dwarves I have come to call friends.  Though not leaders, they served well in their own right.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With death above us, and fiery molten death below us, the choice seems clear.  I have quietly assigned myself a pick, so as not to alarm the others.  I shall end both problems at once.  I am pained that such a noble Fortress should succumb in this fashion, but tis far better than languishing away in purgatory- no purpose, no challenge, no future.  I hear the alarm horns sounding as Tigerpeople swarm through the front doors that were nudged open.  I always thought I would live to see the beach.  As the Tigerpeople swarm downward to share the fate of the Dwarves, I ponder if warm sand would be as pleasing as molten rock.  Perhaps in another life.  I take a degree of comfort in seeing the expression on the Tiger's faces when they spot me, pick raised above a visibly glowing stone.

"You should feel honored" I grin, "For you bare first-hand witness to the heart of the Dwarves".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bit of a melodramatic end I admit, but I hate to leave a Fortress in limbo.  With the cave gens botched in this world (my fault) and no prospective signups, I took it upon myself to give the Fortress a proper sendoff.  Thanks to Skaia and Pencil for the laughs :)  Masterwork isn't for everyone.  Still, this was an amusing experiment.  I'm considering modifying my 'extreme biomes' setup to create a beach embark in vanilla DF, since I haven't really played with Climbing yet.  Well, in due time perhaps.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Oh, dang. I think this may be my moment to screw everything up by my sheer idiocy shine!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5