Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [0.43.05] The Fall : Release 8 - Just updated.  (Read 36737 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've had way too many half-finished Shadowrun and Earthbound mods, and I got tired of following a strict canon where I cannot invent anything myself :).

I've spent some time yesterday figuring out best way to make the materials look good. I was never a fan of "flax fiber hood" name, it would be much shorter, better fitting into menus and just looking better if it was "flax hood"/"linen hood", so now I found proper places to put PREFIX:NONE into material tokens:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:35:06 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Another round of modding, another set of planned things is done:

Body rebalance:
Removed bones from fingers/toes to stop creatures from passing out due to broken toes.
Increased bleeding from heart by a lot, now a heart wound is almost always deadly.
Removed bleeding and pain receptors from fat.
Reduced huge amount of pain receptors in bones to adequate amount (so fighters don’t pass out from chipped bone; it does not happen in reality due to adrenaline).

Rebalanced weapons:
   speed: very slow - slow - average - fast - very fast
   damage: very weak - weak - normal - strong - lethal
   (a) - armored, (u) - unarmored

One-handed weapons:
   Crude knife (dagger): very fast, very weak (a), weak (u)
   Dagger (dagger): very fast, very weak (a), normal (u)
   Dirk (dagger): very fast, very weak (a), normal (u) < better slashing>
   Battle axe (axe): average, normal (a), strong (u) < better vs armor than swords, slower >
   Hatchet (axe): fast, very weak (a), normal (u) < better for cutting wood >
   Hunting spear (spear): fast, strong (a), normal (u) < low overall bodypart damage >
   Harpoon (spear): fast, strong (a), normal (u) < bigger than hunting spear >
   Cleaver (sword): average, very weak (a), lethal (u) < no stabbing >
   Saber (sword): fast, very weak (a), strong (u) < no stabbing >
   Side sword (sword): fast, weak (a), strong (u)
   Rapier (sword): quick, normal (a), normal (u) < better stabs than slashes >
   Mallet (hammer): fast, normal (a), strong (u)
   Baton, club (mace): fast, weak (a), normal (u)
   Mace (mace): slow, strong (a), lethal (u)

Two-handed weapons:
   Great axe (axe): slow, lethal (a), lethal (u)
   Greatsword (sword): slow, strong (a), lethal (u)
   Maul (mace): very slow, lethal (a), lethal (u)
   Warhammer(hammer):  average, strong (a), strong (u)

I mostly playtested and tweaked numbers; the main weapon balance credit goes to Sergarr because it's his mod I decided to take as a base weapon stats mod for the overall combat system.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:53:26 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

PREFIX:NONE into material tokens
So that turned your Cotton Fiber Cloth into Cotton Cloth? Was that in the material template for plant_template?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I've put it in definition of plants, but I assume you can do the same to the THREAD_PLANT_TEMPLATE.

For me it is (to make flax fiber cloth into linen cloth):
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:THREAD:THREAD_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:linen]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So you added it to the plant. If you do that to two plants, lets say turn pig tail fiber and flax fiber into "linen", you end up with two linen entries in the stockpiles. Or did you take a unique name for each plant?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Of course there's only one linen (flax) and cotton (cotton) source, I don't even know why do you ask that :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Because of past mistakes and trying to help you avoiding them. :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, if I wanted to make a single cloth type from multiple plants, I would have to rework the cloth-making reaction. Thanks for the heads up.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No you dont...

In the plants you got something like this:
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:THREAD:THREAD_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
[THREAD:PLANT_MAT:fake plant whatever:THREAD] => In your case this is LOCAL_PLANT_MAT, but I use the plant_mat of a non-existing plant with the name you want. If you redirect all your plants to it, lets say call it flax or cotton or even "plant fiber", you always get those cloth materials, from all plants.

I use the same thing on my trees. No need to change any reactions.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile

So awesome.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh yeah Meph, that makes total sense. I will definitely use it on some of synthetic plants which should all net the same synthetic material.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think you know where I am coming from with the Enclave :).

Enclave / ghouls / crooked men

Enclave

The Enclave is a secretive political, scientific, and militaristic elven organization that is descended directly from the last remaining high elves, who managed to stay untainted and protect a part of the untamed wilds for their living, and claims to be the legally-sanctioned continuation of the world government and the last bastion of hope. The Enclave is mostly comprised of descendants of high nobility of old elven cities, elite members of ranger squads, as well as a few remaining mages. They sworn to protect the remains of the world from Taint and cleanse the world from twisted creatures. The Enclave takes pride in being the last known concentrated bastion of pure, untainted civilization and being the most technologically advanced faction in the world. They refuse to believe in the fact that some of their mages caused coming of The Fall as well.

Ghouls

These wretched humanoids dwell in tainted and twisted areas of the new world. Originally called elves, they used to be very close to the nature and animals and they gathered their power and magic from a force of their forests. When the Fall happened, these creatures were one of the first to take the full impact of the Taint and the following mutations transformed them into almost mindless beasts bent on destruction of now alien civilized races.

Crooked men

Not all of the tainted men are twisted beyond salvation. Some of them managed to keep their humanity and organize into big communities. It’s almost like nothing has changed for them: they are still sometimes cruel, sometimes forgiving, sometimes clever, sometimes stupid humans as they used to be before the fall. Other surviving races don’t like their company though. There's a myth that they sold their soul to outworlders. Thus crooked men dwell in abandoned cities, not fearing the Taint and slowly rebuilding what they once lost.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:21:48 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

So I am currently in a search for names and propositions for various creatures.

I want them to sound a bit unusual yet fit into the setting. Wildebeest is a good example, it's basically antelope but named uncommonly. Gator is something I came up with instead of "gecko" for bipedal reptiles, so if you have suggestions or a list of creatures you would like to see, it would help me a lot.

Evil creatures will be easy, they will be lovecraftian interplanar beasts, so it's just the common stuff which slows me down.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you had a list of creatures you're struggling with then I wouldn't mind helping making names for them.

oh_no

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

To be honest, everything works. I can fit any creature into the new material/damage/production system.

If you check the source googledocs document, right now I already have cats/bats/wildebeest/direwolves for pets.

The vermin in the game are spiders, glimmerbees, sugar-roaches and mice.

I am working on scutterbugs (chitin/juice sources), more gator varieties and floaters (gas-filled creatures which can be butchered for rare chemicals).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9