Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [0.43.05] The Fall : Release 8 - Just updated.  (Read 36707 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

So I was sick for a good part of the annual leave (the last week), but I've managed to mod in three megabeasts (just three different types of dragons: ember dragon, swamp wyvern and dracolich), established most of biomes' creatures (only desert creatures are missing now) and now I work on the research tree.

Dracoliches seem to be kicking everyone's asses, so I may tone them down a bit. Just look at the list of this one's enemies:

Everyone hates on enclave elves due to strict ethics of them. And despite ceramic armor and amazing rifles, demons seem to be winning most of the times.
This site has been pillaged 26 times in 44 years:

P.S. Wooo, the game motivates me more than anything. I've just ran a couple of test forts and tested creatures in arenas, and I already found Enclave Outcasts (kinda like Brotherhood Outcasts :)).

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:26:54 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The documentary has been updated:

These are just a few things which have been added:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:57:44 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Now that I'm done with the "backbone" of bestiary, it should be much easier to move forward.

Here's a list of planned releases (in no order):

Ravenous update <- the next one most likely, with actual release of the mod.
Finish ghouls and dregs; make custom vampires and necromancers.

Crooked update
Make crooked men in different castes with various mutations/extra appendages; make a "crooked" caste for each race; make special interactions available to them only; make approrpiate speech file for adventure mode.

Chemistry update
Expand the existing alchemy lab to allow extraction of sulfur and arsenic from minerals; add arsenic bronze; make new types of glazes; introduce blackpowder; make cement and bonemold material in calcinator.

Gunnery update
Requires chemistry update, make guns craftable and ammo made with blackpowder; make special fire arrows and explosive blocks for catapults.

Poison update
Make milking special creatures for poison possible; make assassin's workshop and ability to coat weapons/arrows in poisons.

Scholarship update
Make "research tree" and make other advanced crafting paths require researching first. Vellum from leather/paper scrolls from plants; research notes and breakthrough tomes.

Good and Evil update
Make good and evil areas more distinct by adding unique creatures which open additional research/production paths when hunted/herded.

Night Creature update
Expand on necromancer types, werewolves and vampires; custom region-styled mummies.

Deep caverns update
Make deep caverns a place to fear; make cavern layer-specific flora and fauna so each cavern would look unique.

After these are done I'll move onto advanced stuff like automatons and summoning.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:05:01 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Everyone hates on enclave elves due to strict ethics of them. And despite ceramic armor and amazing rifles, demons seem to be winning most of the times.
This site has been pillaged 26 times in 44 years:

What I have learned is that size seems to be the most heavily weighted factor in whether or not something manages to win a battle in world gen: ettins would regularly destroy one of my experimental races in spite of the fact that their muscles which were as hard as brass, said race was size 200,000 versus the ettin's 8,000,000. This is also why titans made out of muck manage to score so many kills in world gen in spite of all logic indicating that they would perish in their first encounter against multiple foes, while amazingly lethal creatures that are of small size will die to a goblin before they usually manage to score a kill. As a side effect, elephants also have a small chance at slaying any megabeast that they come across due to their size of 5,000,000.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Literally cant wait for release! Should be the most interesting thing after Lycaeon abandoned his Fallout Equestria mod!
This day going to be perfect!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey Deon, how is it going?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fhaertala

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady of Onren Serinne
    • View Profile

Seems awsome! This is for both adventure and fortress mode, correct? Sorry for asking, just got the game.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live."- Unkown

"A hero need not speak. For when she is gone, the world will speak for her"-Ayra Fahlla of Elvish-Human descent. "Ëlf wïll rülë æll!"-Naeryndam Warlord

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hey Deon, how is it going?
Not bad, finally free from the "dad" stuff for a bit (although likely to be "twice dad" in a few months).

I am on vacation in steppes right now, I'll be back on 1st of May and wrap up a release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this mod looks fascinating, it will be great when the first release comes out. well done DEON.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] The Fall : Release 1 - Ravenous update
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2015, 11:31:40 am »

So here's the first release. I'll go down the list of the promised feature updates now. Stay tuned (and share your feedback :) )!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 11:39:03 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] 💀 The Fall 💀 : Release 1 - Ravenous update
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2015, 05:53:53 pm »

i have started up a fort and this mod is very interesting. are you going to add phoebus graphics to it?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2015, 01:21:22 am »

I'll add a bunch of graphic packs for sure, I just want to make the main part of the mod available first, and then add polish/graphic packs. It shouldnt take long. I also quite like the color scheme/tileset we currently use :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2015, 11:50:15 am »

Cool,cool. well keep up the good work. You are making a lot of people very happy with all of the awesome mods you have created. Very nice to see your creativity being channeled into making innovative and interesting mods. LONG may it continue.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2015, 12:02:04 pm »

Thank you. I needed a long break since I got tired of modding because it was the only thing I did. Now I feel the desire to mod again, let's hope people are still interested :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2015, 01:36:39 pm »

Played this for a bit and am liking it, though I really haven't strayed much from vanilla DF stuff yet.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9