Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [0.43.05] The Fall : Release 8 - Just updated.  (Read 36745 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] The Fall : Release 5 - Architecture update
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2015, 06:07:22 am »

Yes, but most rifle bayonets are removable, and thats why I asked if it was possible.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2015, 09:12:44 pm »

You could use a similar reaction and have it take the material from the bayonet to represent replacing it with a better material for stabbing.

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2015, 06:59:20 am »

Hello guys!

I'm currently streaming this mod, doing a little first impression of it. Help me out here, the ghouls are out to get me! :D

http://www.twitch.tv/nukeacitrus
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2015, 02:29:13 pm »

Thanks for the stream, I am back from work. Gotta do some choirs at home and then I'll finalize the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.24] The Fall : Release 6 - Poison update
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2015, 04:57:06 pm »

Release 6
weapon: added (new) spiked clubs to tribals, side sword -> broadsword, added short sword, more basic weapons accessible from start.
skill: "alchemy lab uses "alchemy" skill now for all recipes.
alchemical lab: you can extract powerful venoms from guts of scarabs, arachnids and scorpions (their guts + arsenic).
new building: coating vat (soap making skill to coat).
coating vat: you can coat weapons and ammo in venom extracted with the method above.
creature: added griffin semimegabeast, scarabs are now domestic creatures, breed and lay eggs; wagons are back, nopain/paralyzeimmune to megabeasts, titans are now more resistant to damage.
entities: 3 castes of raiders (goblins, nixes, barghests), crooked men and elven enclave now sell chemical elements.
inorganic: realgar is more common, realgar is a source of both sulfur and arsenic now, sandstone color change (now noticeable when designated for digging).
plants: new plant - stone root, can be eaten or brewed into rock stout.

I still decided to keep the research system away because it's supposed to limit available stuff until you dedicate a lot of resources to get it, and it might be not the best idea now that the mod just got new features because people would want to try and test it. So I will dedicate my time to update of good/evil areas first.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2015, 01:08:08 am »

Suggestions on the poison coating: It's a hard to specify exactly which item will be coated, for example if the dwarf takes an iron axe, the steel axe, the masterwork steel axe or the adamantine axe, so most players will probably use stockpile-links. This means there will be multiple coating vat buildings around, near the fitting stockpiles.

Maybe make a coating vat a 1-tile workshop like a quern or millstone, using only 1 simple build-mat (empty barrel? stone block?) so that players can build multiples of those, near every ammo-stockpile, weapon stockpile, etc.

The ammo reaction accepts 1 bolt, which means very often you'll have that 1 recovered bolt coated, wasting a lot of poison, because it could have been used for an entire 25 bolt stack. I'd make three/four reactions: Single bolt, Five bolts (wood), Five bolts (bone), stack of 25 bolts. In most cases player will want to coat the 25 metal bolts, in the early game probably the 5 bone bolts...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2015, 02:11:36 am »

I plan to separate alchemical lab in different 1-tile and 4-tile buildings (brewing cauldron, can be used for potions, brewing reactions and coating; alembic used for evaporation/extraction of elements; crucible used for transmutation of metals; sand/oil bath for different intermediate reactions etc). The suggestions are really useful, I will use them for the better control over reactions, thank you very much :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2015, 02:50:11 am »

So... the Morrowind alchemy tools?  :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2015, 05:06:08 am »

Morrowind alchemy tools were too portable to be realistic for what I need in my mod.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2015, 04:55:39 pm »

Deon, on the Good/Evil update, do you plan on making use of custom wheater/clouds?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2015, 11:03:40 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:57 pm »

this mod will be so good when it has phoebus graphics. i can't wait.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2015, 07:05:41 pm »

So until it has a texture pack consisting of sprites its a piece of crap?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2015, 03:41:45 am »

Wow, man, did he offend you? Some people just can't handle the ASCII.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2015, 05:38:07 am »

technically i think Deon has done an awesome job as always, he is a master modder who is very good at what he does and i take my hat of to him. I did play dwarf fortress in ASCII for about two years. Yet now i do prefer having a texture pack like phoebus. that is all i was trying to say.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9