Poll

Good or bad idea?

Very good.
good.
meh.
bad.
Very bad.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions  (Read 51370 times)

FearsomeClarinet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn - Discussion/Suggestions
« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2015, 07:27:26 pm »

That's interesting, I didn't even consider the fact that OPPOSED TO LIFE would cause even creatures you control to go wildly out of control as soon as something living approaches it. I did read that right, right? That's what you meant? That would be an interesting concept for a high level summon or something, a really powerful OPPOSED TO LIFE clown.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2015, 10:32:17 pm »

Opposed to life automatically removes items from your civ, they will be either hostile, or in case of the warlocks, friendly units. Like visiting caravans. But you cant control them, not even pasture them like pets.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2015, 01:04:14 pm »

Generic suggestion:

Since the number of weapons is being brought down to a less brain-melting degree, I thought this would be a good time to bring up making some artifacts magical. My idea was to add in a few special weapons and armors that can't be manufactured normally but can grant special reactions whoever wields them like wraithblades and staves grant slade bullets to warlocks- just for that extra feel of epic story-telling and to give adventurers a real prize to loot when everything falls apart.

Examples:

A shield that temporarily paralyses an enemy

A range weapon that occasionally throws bolts of lightning

Boots that grant invisibility

A crown that turns enemies to your side
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

FearsomeClarinet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2015, 03:38:39 pm »

Oh yeah, the reply above reminds me, are you going to attemp to do more things specifically for adventure mode this time around, because I'm sure there's loads of cool stuff you could do with the new systems added in.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2015, 09:36:19 pm »

Oh yeah, the reply above reminds me, are you going to attemp to do more things specifically for adventure mode this time around, because I'm sure there's loads of cool stuff you could do with the new systems added in.
Which new system are you refering to?

Generic suggestion:

Since the number of weapons is being brought down to a less brain-melting degree, I thought this would be a good time to bring up making some artifacts magical. My idea was to add in a few special weapons and armors that can't be manufactured normally but can grant special reactions whoever wields them like wraithblades and staves grant slade bullets to warlocks- just for that extra feel of epic story-telling and to give adventurers a real prize to loot when everything falls apart.

Examples:

A shield that temporarily paralyses an enemy

A range weapon that occasionally throws bolts of lightning

Boots that grant invisibility

A crown that turns enemies to your side
Old MDF already had those, but they were so rare, people never got them... :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2015, 01:56:15 am »

Which new system are you refering to?

If I were to guess, GET_ITEM_DATA_FROM_REAGENT, using ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT and such.

Did I ever mention that I always appreciate seeing the stuff you do? I mean, not to add to the hugbox, but the sheer scale of your modding always impresses me. I think that that fact gets lost in the negativity.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 28, 2015, 01:35:42 am »

Quote from: Putnam
(on reaction categories)
Is there finalized syntax for that yet, or will that have to wait?

It's fixed assuming it doesn't get any more interesting.  In any reaction's def, assign it to a category with [CATEGORY:<token>].

[CATEGORY:<token>]
 [CATEGORY_NAME:<text>]
 [CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:<text>]
 [CATEGORY_PARENT:<token>]
 [CATEGORY_KEY:<key>]

The subtokens to define the category's details just need to appear below the CATEGORY somewhere once.  The nesting can go as deeply as needed.  It only shows reaction categories in the relevant workshops if your fort's entity has a permitted reaction within the category nesting, which will hopefully avoid some clutter in complicated mods.  We'll have to see what else is necessary as we go.  Things like material assignments linked to categories (to handle stuff like glass coming out into the raws) are elevated to "low-hanging fruit" status now, but aren't in the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #322 on: February 28, 2015, 05:27:21 am »

That sounds like I could make sub-menus inside custom workshops, like the forge or craftsman already has?  That's pretty neat. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 28, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »

And sub categories and sub-sub categories.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 01, 2015, 03:44:20 pm »

Apparently, as you guys don't a FAQ thread, I am afraid I must ask this somewhat simplistic question here.

I try to zooming out (not in Z level, but by using the "[" and "]", as I am playing on a notebook) in hopes to try to read what's written on certain reactions (for example, how many rusty iron coins I must cash in to get a steel simitar on the Freelancer Guild), but the only thing it is doing is reducing the font size, without adding any more text to the screen. How do I work around this?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 01, 2015, 04:45:55 pm »

If you toggle the print mode or whatever it's called when you hit F11, does it change the zoom behavior of the menus?
If the reaction is "red" i think you can try to activate it and get more information, including the full reaction name I think.
If the manager tries and fails to run a reaction, you get more info including quantities I'm almost sure.
Did you try hitting tab to make that menu sub-window bigger?

Personally, keep I textpad open, set to find-in-files on the raws.  So in this case I could just type
"CTRL-F5 buy steel scim"

Searching for: buy steel scim
reaction_orcfort.txt(2108): [NAME:Buy steel scimitar for 5000]
Found 1 occurrence(s) in 1 file(s)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 01, 2015, 04:46:27 pm »

>> Apparently, as you guys don't a FAQ thread

FAQs are impossible, DF problems are like unique snowflakes.  All my time here  can only think of three actually *frequently* asked questions.

Why custom reactions don't work?  (burrows bug, or one of a million kinds of user error that's impossible to diagnose)
Can't choose race, I'm always Dwarves?  (tab to civ screen on embark, choose civ)
Why my archers don't train or equip properly?  (i have no idea, i've never had trouble with it)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 01, 2015, 05:06:49 pm »

Why my archers don't train or equip properly?  (i have no idea, i've never had trouble with it)
Just an fyi: Archers need an additional barracks (next to the) archery range to actively train, and arrows cannot be claimed from bins.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 01, 2015, 07:42:04 pm »

Just an fyi: Archers need an additional barracks (next to the) archery range to actively train, and arrows cannot be claimed from bins.

i remember doing my own !!SCIENCE!! on this matter some four years ago... yay memories! but you forgot unskilled archers don't like to train =) (plenty of wildlife to train on however!)

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 01, 2015, 07:43:35 pm »

So you mean my ammo stockpile must have no bins, and the arrow stacks must be lying in the floor?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27