Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Open Invite to all - Restarting Masterwork  (Read 7219 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Open Invite to all - Restarting Masterwork
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 12:37:10 pm »

Not sure if it will be useful for you, but I am going to release my collection of spells (all made for the registration system) sometime in the somewhat near future. I currently have 60/300 done. Some of the planned ones need not yet written scripts though so it has slowed me down a little, but most are just time commitment.
That sounds perfect for the warlocks. :)

I havent been following your scripts in a while, but what I skimmed over is super complicated. Powerful, but nothing I'd delve in at the moment from on the road.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 01:01:13 pm »

Yeah, they have gotten a little out of hand. Every time I am working on something I think of something new I want to add. Eventually I am hoping to getting around to actually modding instead of just script writing. But I've got quite the backlog already.

EDIT: If you need any help or have any questions moving over to the new system let me know.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 01:10:31 pm »

I have 10k reactions and 700 buildings to go through. It will take some time. :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 04:26:39 pm »

What kind of graphics set?  A tileset, or override sprites for Twbt/creatures?

You can work on it, there is no reason to wait on me. The new Masterwork is not one update that magically appears, its restarting a new mod from nothing.

My Graphics set is going to contain a Tileset, Creatures, and TWBT overrides.
With Masterwork, my concern if the new version is coming out soon, and if a lot of stuff will be removed.  I'd rather not spend a bunch of time creating graphics that are getting the axe anyway.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 05:54:44 pm »

No one besides me has ever done a graphic set for masterwork. It has 1300 creatures and 8 playable races, which use almost 200 sprites for a full set. Each.

You are correct that the new version will have less, but a tileset is not affected by this. Nor are your overrides. The new creatures will be gone, I'll carefully select what to add this time.

But nothing stops you from working on a tileset or creature sprites for dwarves, elves, humans, goblins or kobolds.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 12:04:49 am »

My first contribution to the project! I have six creatures.
The first is the phoenix: a six winged, crimson bird half the size of the roc, that can brreathe fire and shoot fireballs from it's wings. Butchering it returns a star ruby for each eye, a ruby for each wing, and a unique gem called the phoenix heart, worth 50% more than a rare gem like a star ruby. Here's the raws and the gem.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The next one is a massive, semi-megabeast wolf, with iron claws, bones, and teeth. As large as a cyclops, it doesn't feel any pain or fear. You'll need steel weapons or a strong war hammer to deal with it, or survive long enough to get it to bleed out.

The next is another dragon, the Eldest Dragon. Another megabeast, this dragon is much larger than a normal dragon, can fly, breathe fire, and even has a pair of arms. If you manage to kill it, you'll be able to butcher it and gain many gems.

This is a mountain dragon. Not a megabeast, nor a semi-megabeast, this humble dragon is the smallest, and has no fire breath. It can fly though. They travel onto mountains in groups, and as large predators, can be a danger to your fort.

This is yet another, and my final, dragon. The venomous dragon. A mixture of a cave blob, a dragon, and a scorpion, this beast can cause severe damage to any fort that isn't prepared. While not a megabeast, evil deserts now also include a stinging, biting, clawing, pincing, and spitting poisonous dragon. Even touching it can cause the syndrome to infect you. However, it has no fire breathe, and it's wings have been replaced by it's pincers.

The final creature is a semi-megabeast, the blast tortoise. A large beast, the males being the size of an ettin, the females being twenty percent bigger than an elephant, with a shell that can be used for gore attacks and even shooting fireballs, the blast tortoise is dangerous on any forested or grass rich map.

I hope this is good for Masterwork, and I hope they're included in the updated pack.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2015, 07:42:49 am »

Phoenix awesome. People could even use ash and the phoenix heart to make a new one.

Purgatory Wolf I'd rename to Fenris wolf. Also good as a megabeast.

Eldest dragon seems a bit large, and the 1000 years to grow to full size is problematic. You could add more steps in between, most worlds are way below 1000 years old.

Mountain and venoumous dragons I'd rename to drake or wyvern, to make clear that they are not as bad as a normal dragon.

Blast tortoise I honestly dont like. Firestarting animals are always a pain, and I'm fully unfamiliar with anything that has fire turtles ???

Thanks for those, once a GUI exists I'll add all of them (except the tortoise) to it. :)

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 08:23:21 am »

hey. here's something simple, but quite useful in my opinion, I made: varnish so you can glaze your wooden items. Note that I ported some reactions from masterwork almost unchanged, but I made a new workshop because I had elven mode in mind and I'm not sure if you want to port the chemist's laboratory anyway.:

entity

the workshop

the reactions (+the already existing ones with the workshop name changed)

the varnish

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2015, 08:28:41 am »

Neat. :)

I'm not planning to give dwarves much to do with wood, but thats a very nice additions to the human carpenters guild. :)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 01:04:19 pm »

Feel free to take anything you want from Rubble (and I would be overjoyed if you used Rubble, even if only for tileset switching).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 04:24:20 pm »

Hey, will all the creatures get custom tiles? Just wondering.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 05:28:54 pm »

Hey, will all the creatures get custom tiles? Just wondering.

I am confused, didn't you create the creatures in question?  You would know better than anyone if they have tiles :o  Or are you asking for a volunteer to make them for you?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 05:43:50 pm »

Wait, I thought Masterwork had it's own tileset?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 05:54:42 pm »

Sure? but somebody has to make them obviously, so if you didn't provide them, then probably somebody else will eventually get around to recoloring an existing animal or something.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 06:03:44 pm »

Oh, I see.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4