Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Open Invite to all - Restarting Masterwork  (Read 7236 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Open Invite to all - Restarting Masterwork
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 06:43:22 pm »

Funny how you ask about sprites, while talking about tilesets. Those are two different things. :P

Tileset doesnt influence creatures, you need to make a graphics.txt and a sprite set for them.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 06:54:46 pm »

Oh. I think I might learn how to do that. I don't really know anything about tilesets, but I need to learn anyway.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 07:03:04 pm »

You can look at graphics_orcfort_taigapets.txt and orcfort_taigapets.png in MDF as an example of how to add graphic sprites for a collection of ~6 creatures.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 02:39:43 am »

Hey Meph.
I'd be honored if you'd include my work into Masterwork Redux (or whatever you're calling it at this point).
If the reaction application script we got with dfhack r5 (I think) still works then all of my reactions are set to use that, if not the theaters can just be pulled (they rely on that. heavily.)
Mostly because most of the stuff that I think is interesting to add I've already done, and I've not been able to come up with a new concept for a long while.
Oh, and my work's clean, most things you won't have to worry about switching things around. I did update the things that needed it to 40.xx, even though I haven't yet updated the whole thing to the newest version.

If you don't want the whole thing to be in, just ask and I can tell you the things that never really worked quite as intended/still don't work properly. Oh and before you even ask, just axe the gauntlet workshop. Didn't someone make a plugin that will make right/left gauntlets?
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 03:59:58 pm »

I'm trying to simplify the installation of my mod (it needs to be tweaked to the graphics pack used by the player), and I wouldn't mind making a version that's compatible with Masterwork.  There are already versions for CLA, Ironhand, Mayday, Phoebus, Spacefox and vanilla.

Is Masterwork Redux going to be using a single tileset for stones?  Or are you going all-out with TWBT overrides to give each stone a unique look?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2015, 10:25:35 pm »

I could help..  dont know if you would want t use my current mod (it has firemancer mages, aquamancer mages, and vampire lords (skyrim dawnguard style) with modded harpy minions and the ability to "call fourth creatures of the night: (basically an interaction that takes a corpse and reanimates it and transforms it into a random evil creature from a list (might work better with resurrect though))..... I could help with interactions/cults and stuff too/though.

Oh yeah.. it also has stalkers (basically if a corpse is out long enough, anywhere, unburied, it will eventually, though VERY VERY rarely get reanimated and turned into a life-hating husk that only wants revenge on the fortress that abandoned it....... *evil grin*

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 10:30:36 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 12:32:21 am »

Finally going to update to the next version, eh? Good luck Meph; I'll see if I can't contribute in some small way, but right now I'm tied up reformatting another old mod while trying to contact said mod's developer! Anyways, best of luck.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2015, 06:53:35 am »

Hey Meph.
I'd be honored if you'd include my work into Masterwork Redux (or whatever you're calling it at this point).
If the reaction application script we got with dfhack r5 (I think) still works then all of my reactions are set to use that, if not the theaters can just be pulled (they rely on that. heavily.)
Mostly because most of the stuff that I think is interesting to add I've already done, and I've not been able to come up with a new concept for a long while.
Oh, and my work's clean, most things you won't have to worry about switching things around. I did update the things that needed it to 40.xx, even though I haven't yet updated the whole thing to the newest version.

If you don't want the whole thing to be in, just ask and I can tell you the things that never really worked quite as intended/still don't work properly. Oh and before you even ask, just axe the gauntlet workshop. Didn't someone make a plugin that will make right/left gauntlets?
Yes, about 2 years ago? Kurik Amudnils Autofixhandedness, its included in Masterwork. Don't know if it still works with 40.x though.

I'm trying to simplify the installation of my mod (it needs to be tweaked to the graphics pack used by the player), and I wouldn't mind making a version that's compatible with Masterwork.  There are already versions for CLA, Ironhand, Mayday, Phoebus, Spacefox and vanilla.

Is Masterwork Redux going to be using a single tileset for stones?  Or are you going all-out with TWBT overrides to give each stone a unique look?
I'm not going to do a new tile for each rock, but I will use many different tilesets and Twbt. So far I havent started with that, current Raw set is pure vanilla ascii.

@Untrustedlife: That sounds interesting. Could you send me a link to it, so that I can have a look at the raws? (Edit: Forget it, its in your sig. ^^ Strange New World Mod)

Finally going to update to the next version, eh? Good luck Meph; I'll see if I can't contribute in some small way, but right now I'm tied up reformatting another old mod while trying to contact said mod's developer! Anyways, best of luck.
Not really updating, making a new mod, a better MasterworkDF. But I'm travelling atm, so I dont have the time, electricity, internet and PC to do it. All on a small netbook. -.-

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:59:19 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2015, 11:58:12 am »

Not that mod, it's my own personal mod.

I'm at work atm, but when I get home I will link you if your interested
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2015, 09:07:22 pm »

No one besides me has ever done a graphic set for masterwork. It has 1300 creatures and 8 playable races, which use almost 200 sprites for a full set. Each.

I'm a pretty solid fan of the MW mod (even if I haven't played in a while), but I'm a Dabbling modder at best.

But if you need some sprites, I'm sure I can do at least a few.  1300 is a few too many for me to tackle, though.  Like...maaaaybe 100 unique sprites at the most.

Or, I could give the graphics set a shot.  You'd have to be super specific about what you want, though.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:09:24 pm by evictedSaint »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 08:05:32 am »

Since I'm redoing the mod, there wont be 1300 creatures anymore ;) The new version is pretty small so far.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 02:16:05 pm »

Oh!  That's good; the creatures in MW were like pokemon.  I used to know all of them, but then you kept adding more and more and more...

My offer still stands, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2015, 03:56:28 pm »

I can let you know if there are any new creatures without sprites, but usually I do those myself. DragonDePlatino also offered his help, as did ObsidianSoul. I'm lucky for the community that DF has.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2015, 06:33:12 am »

Indeed, I'm looking forward moving to 24 or 32 sized sprites.

DragonDePlatino

• Bay Watcher
  • [HABIT:COLLECT_WEALTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2015, 04:56:11 pm »

Heck yeah! I'm actually working on a 1080p/4K graphics set as we speak, so something like that isn't that far off.

But yeah, concerning graphics...All I can say is that it is very important to keep your artists in mind when adding new content. It's obnoxious and aggravating to artists when designers add features primarily "for the sake of variety" so please keep that to a minimum if possible. For example, please don't do what Toady One did and add siamang gibbons, white-handed gibbons, black-handed gibbons, gray gibbons, silvery gibbons, pileated gibbons, bilou gibbons, white-browned gibbons and black-crested gibbons. One gibbon is enough and adding more contributes very little to gameplay.

By the way, Meph, have you decided the final race count?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:00:11 pm by DragonDePlatino »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4