Poll

What do you want next?

More enemies! - Civs & Creatures.
More items! - Weapons & Armors.
A manual! - Doesn't exist atm.
Kobolds - Hard mode, no digging.
Necromancers - Playable successor to the warlocks
Nagas - Water-based race. All new.
Hermit - Superhard mode, single person civ.
Humans - Traders & Guilds.
More GUI Options - Add optional stuff, like complete other mods!
Something else - Please post your suggestion.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Reborn☼ - Discussion & POLL! Please vote.  (Read 114348 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Masterwork Reborn☼ - Discussion & POLL! Please vote.
« Reply #405 on: June 24, 2015, 07:29:13 am »

Goblin as playable race are intended. They probably focus a bit more on mass-groups, bad weapons and slavery than orcs, and I might make them stronger underground. Aka goblins fear/dislike sunlight. Otherwise it's hard to give them a lot of character that's different from the orcs.

Elves will be playable as well, but I hope Toady fixes the tree-construction-crash, otherwise tree-cities are impossible.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 24, 2015, 12:09:00 pm »

And why all the elf hate? Here, 4chan and 1d4chan.

I personally think is due their hypocrisy and general barbaric behavior. I mean, they eat sentient beings in the middle of the battlefield. Those elves are BAD, man.

Also, the fact that giving them an wooden harp is enough to cause a diplomatic crisis and trading requires a lot of micro (wooden bins and barrels are the most common) makes them generally very disliked to deal with on anything but the field of battle.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #407 on: June 24, 2015, 12:43:41 pm »

Any race who will butcher and eat goblins on the battlefield and then charge a line of dwarves while armed with wooden weapons and armor is pretty cool in my book

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 24, 2015, 01:54:44 pm »

I would be thrilled to inflict upon others the horrors the elves inflicted upon me, to be perfectly honest. Too bad we don't have invasion mechanics yet.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 24, 2015, 04:11:41 pm »

Combination of things really.

1. Used to be no way to tell elf-made from dwarf made wooden goods, making them seem very hypocritical.

2. They'd show up unannounced and threaten you if you so much as knocked one tree down because you needed a bucket.

3. Those assholes could somehow tame unicorns for battle.

4. They consume fallen enemies. Now personally, I chalk this up to a justified superiority thing. If you got killed by a dude with a glorified toothpick, nature was gonna pick you off at some point before natural causes would. I also assume they wait until after the battle to do so, and mark thier kills somehow (attaching a painted leaf of some sort for example.)

5. In many mediums, they tend to be insufferable assholes who think they're better than much more numerous races just because they're elves. This one is probably the biggest influence. Especially since DF elves think they're better than everyone because they don't knock down trees. Even though now people tend to not be nearly as chop-happy if they're in good fruit foraging turf.

Makes for guys who can be useful for little surges of exotic supplies you can't get in your area, and fine meat or war beasts, but at the same time they're infinitely hate-able.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 06, 2015, 10:48:03 pm »

Combination of things really.

1. Used to be no way to tell elf-made from dwarf made wooden goods, making them seem very hypocritical.

2. They'd show up unannounced and threaten you if you so much as knocked one tree down because you needed a bucket.

3. Those assholes could somehow tame unicorns for battle.

4. They consume fallen enemies. Now personally, I chalk this up to a justified superiority thing. If you got killed by a dude with a glorified toothpick, nature was gonna pick you off at some point before natural causes would. I also assume they wait until after the battle to do so, and mark thier kills somehow (attaching a painted leaf of some sort for example.)

5. In many mediums, they tend to be insufferable assholes who think they're better than much more numerous races just because they're elves. This one is probably the biggest influence. Especially since DF elves think they're better than everyone because they don't knock down trees. Even though now people tend to not be nearly as chop-happy if they're in good fruit foraging turf.

Makes for guys who can be useful for little surges of exotic supplies you can't get in your area, and fine meat or war beasts, but at the same time they're infinitely hate-able.
Not to mention Pointy Ears!

Edit*
sorry miss read the date
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #411 on: August 06, 2015, 10:55:50 pm »

It's fine, the topic is kinda still relevant, because Masterwork Reborn is still work in progress, mostly due to my absence.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Demiurge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 09, 2015, 04:10:08 am »

What's currently missing from Reborn? I can't seem to find the temple of Armok anywhere, nor the guildhall.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 09, 2015, 05:24:58 pm »

They probably didn't get added yet in the case of the guildhall. Also I think Meph said he was going to make religion a human centered thing. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. That happens a lot when you're old.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 09, 2015, 06:03:08 pm »

They probably didn't get added yet in the case of the guildhall. Also I think Meph said he was going to make religion a human centered thing. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. That happens a lot when you're old.
guild halls are Human only,and i think Religion is going to be relegated to the Personal shrine workshop
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 16, 2015, 01:15:23 pm »

**Sorry I realized I posted in the wrong spot.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:20:49 pm by crazz2323 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2015, 04:48:12 am »

Wonders why only kobolds are available Looks in succubus entity clicks [X] before OCD kicks in.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:55:40 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Implementor37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 26, 2015, 06:01:46 pm »

Apparently I missed the poll...Oh well.  I would have gone for "something else" anyway, as there are two things I would like to see in Masterwork (or any DF):  1. Flying pets can (and will) fly like their wild counterparts.  And 2. Military dwarves/Bolds/Succubi/etc. can use mounts.  I have no idea how high this would be to do...but you could do some unique things with that (i.e. set a patrol route up in the sky and have a marksdwarf on a roc patrol from up there).  This would be generic, and could be used for any/all civs.  If the filthy elves can use mounts, why can't everyone else? 

On an unrelated note...why did the goblins send a liason to my dwarvish outpost?  I'd just finished digging through the aquifer, when this goblin shows up to ask what I want them to send me.  And my dwarves didn't just kill it.  That supposed to happen?

Wapplejack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 26, 2015, 09:47:25 pm »

is there an issue with magma forges atm or is intended to not be able to make them right out the gate?  have a fort with a magma tube 4z levels below where my metal industry was already at and it wont let me make magma forges, there isnt even an option to build it that I can find

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2015, 03:50:47 pm »

is there an issue with magma forges atm or is intended to not be able to make them right out the gate?  have a fort with a magma tube 4z levels below where my metal industry was already at and it wont let me make magma forges, there isnt even an option to build it that I can find
For magma smelters/forges to unlock you have to make a 'discovery' of some magma related feature. Its a bug with the base game and nothing to do with masterwork. Maybe this will help?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=75974.msg3968655#msg3968655
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30