Poll

What do you want next?

More enemies! - Civs & Creatures.
More items! - Weapons & Armors.
A manual! - Doesn't exist atm.
Kobolds - Hard mode, no digging.
Necromancers - Playable successor to the warlocks
Nagas - Water-based race. All new.
Hermit - Superhard mode, single person civ.
Humans - Traders & Guilds.
More GUI Options - Add optional stuff, like complete other mods!
Something else - Please post your suggestion.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Reborn☼ - Discussion & POLL! Please vote.  (Read 114817 times)

Wapplejack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Masterwork Reborn☼ - Discussion & POLL! Please vote.
« Reply #420 on: September 27, 2015, 09:05:00 pm »

thanks friend.  never had a chance to use magma furnaces base game so I didn't know this was an issue

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 28, 2015, 08:36:32 am »

They probably didn't get added yet in the case of the guildhall. Also I think Meph said he was going to make religion a human centered thing. Or maybe I'm just imagining things. That happens a lot when you're old.
guild halls are Human only,and i think Religion is going to be relegated to the Personal shrine workshop

What?? No more Pray for Soft Metal (R) ??
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 28, 2015, 11:53:36 am »

Im not sure it's been a long time since I used the shrines
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 07, 2015, 08:11:36 pm »

I'm wondering if you plan to give Dwarves metal-grade leather like in old MW, or is that being reserved for Succubi & Necromancers?  Having Scale & Shell plate be roughly equivalent to Bronze/Iron was really nice when embarking in a seriously hostile region.  I can understand wanting to avoid the 'give Dwarves everything' mentality, but it made the exclusively-Copper glaciers and such a lot more manageable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #424 on: October 07, 2015, 08:29:39 pm »

I'm wondering if you plan to give Dwarves metal-grade leather like in old MW, or is that being reserved for Succubi & Necromancers?  Having Scale & Shell plate be roughly equivalent to Bronze/Iron was really nice when embarking in a seriously hostile region.  I can understand wanting to avoid the 'give Dwarves everything' mentality, but it made the exclusively-Copper glaciers and such a lot more manageable.
They will have that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 07, 2015, 08:51:16 pm »

Sweet :)  While I'm thinking about it (plus this being discussion and all), do you think there is any way you can crank up the buying price of leather?  A bin always costs 60 dwarfbucks, regardless of how much chitin, shell, etc. it contains.  I stopped buying leather in MW for the same reason that I don't sell prepared meals.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 07, 2015, 09:13:14 pm »

Sweet :)  While I'm thinking about it (plus this being discussion and all), do you think there is any way you can crank up the buying price of leather?  A bin always costs 60 dwarfbucks, regardless of how much chitin, shell, etc. it contains.  I stopped buying leather in MW for the same reason that I don't sell prepared meals.

It's more that the contents combined tend to top out at 70 - 110 monies. only way around it would be making all leather cost substantially more, which would sort of be counterintuitive (at least to me,) since for intents and purposes, leather is supposed to be a cheap alternative to more valuable but labor intensive farmed, smithed, or gathered clothing/armor materials.

Bumping the price of -plate variants of scale and chitin wouldn't go amiss though.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 08, 2015, 03:22:10 pm »

Unless it's changed, leather can be upgraded from plentiful, renewable Leatherwing Bat wing shearings all the way to iron (or was it steel?) grade lamellar leather using only thread, plant oil, vermin/bones and other renewable, cheap and readily available sources. And IIRC leather armor can be worn under a mail shirt and plate armor. Not sure about leg armor, I noticed that the stupid vanilla default where leggings are [SHAPED] isn't fixed in this version.

Speaking of which, same issue with civilian caps, remove [SHAPED] will let civilians wear helmets in over clothing uniform settings.
Also, does cartilage have a healing value?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 08, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »

More utility to machines and tracks.  Random thoughts:
- Make carving track faster - then the hauling menu might actually be useful
- Additional buildings that require power (smoke generator for sieges :-)  )
- track stop + pressure plate
- powered traps

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 09, 2015, 02:23:46 am »

Any plans for synthesizing the new divine metals? Or is that even possible?

I was just thinking to myself that dwarves being dwarves, they should probably benefit way more than the other races from extensive and diverse mining operations, and divine metal synthesis could be an interesting way to do it. Like even if the embark doesn't have any weapon metals, a Human or Succubus expedition would have to trade for most of their weapons but a dwarf team would just shrug their shoulders and just make some "Burning Metal" out of lead and nickel.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #430 on: October 09, 2015, 03:30:47 am »

It should be possible, they have similar ID to FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1, DEMON_1, etc.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 10, 2015, 02:48:46 am »

I know a lot of the UI elements were lost when moving to 0.40. I was wondering if there are any plans to restore the simplification toggles. I rather liked having all sorts of ridiculous different kinds of woods, especially since they affected the color of things built from them.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2015, 11:50:43 pm »

I don't seem to be able to get the multi z level rendering to work. Is that currently not working, or are my settings wrong or something?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2015, 03:08:09 am »

According to the settings, you have multi-z-levels enabled, with 5 levels shown. It should work.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2015, 04:16:54 am »

I don't seem to be able to get the multi z level rendering to work. Is that currently not working, or are my settings wrong or something?

works fine for me. I think your print mode has to be standard for it to work.....or was that rendermax?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30