Poll

What do you want next?

More enemies! - Civs & Creatures.
More items! - Weapons & Armors.
A manual! - Doesn't exist atm.
Kobolds - Hard mode, no digging.
Necromancers - Playable successor to the warlocks
Nagas - Water-based race. All new.
Hermit - Superhard mode, single person civ.
Humans - Traders & Guilds.
More GUI Options - Add optional stuff, like complete other mods!
Something else - Please post your suggestion.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Reborn☼ - Discussion & POLL! Please vote.  (Read 114853 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn - Dev Area / Alpha - V0.000003 - GRAPHICS!
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2015, 09:23:19 pm »

Followed dukea42's example, loaded a large mountain no problem.  Chopped a 5-Z tree and made it into planks :)  I went right for the Furniture, Tailor, and Stonecrafter; all functional same as usual.  I was able to get Leather pieces from the Leatherwing Bats, haven't tried shearing other animals.  Once I had the Fortress rolling, I actually found myself with not much to do, lol.  Will probably cheat myself some bars just to test the high-end stuff like Metallurgist, but playing with only the basics has made me realize just how much I miss the diverse baddies and wildlife.  The most interesting thing I saw on my mountain was a pair of gophers doing a remarkable job of annoying an eagle  :-\

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2015, 12:13:52 pm »

Meph: are you planning on simplifying the plants?  There's currently a billion (a slight exaggeration) trees and aboveground plants...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2015, 12:23:28 pm »

Meph: are you planning on simplifying the plants?  There's currently a billion (a slight exaggeration) trees and aboveground plants...
Plants dont hurt. Its the materials, which I plan to simplifiy. I already did that with wood, I will do it with plant fiber (for clothing as well).

Different boozes I wanted to leave in, and different seeds are a must, otherwise you cant grow the correct plants.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2015, 12:39:12 pm »

I didn't see any above-ground-plant seeds available at embark. Is that intended? And I hope you'll be changing the below-ground plants back to year round and make the above-ground ones seasonal again?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2015, 12:44:36 pm »

I will change the grow durs, but first I have to check out all those new plants. Otherwise they are like vanilla DF, I guess its Toady Ones intention that you dont have access to topside plants (?)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 01:00:06 pm »

Smelting pure ore yields the same as regular ore (at least for magnetite), and the forge will make iron plate gauntlets but not regular gauntlets.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:04:28 pm by Zeebie »

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2015, 01:36:23 pm »

I've started vanilla games with aboveground plant access before, they almost always have amaranths and onions. I think it has more to do with what biomes dwarves access to in world-gen, so a 5-year history will have a much shorter plant-list than the 125-year histories I prefer- but they still might not have any if they've never left the mountains.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2015, 01:43:46 pm »

Smelting pure ore yields the same as regular ore (at least for magnetite), and the forge will make iron plate gauntlets but not regular gauntlets.
Currently the armors are COMMON, not FORCED in the entity file. That leaves some random element, which I probably take out.

The ore yields more. Check again.
Raw entry for magnetite: [METAL_ORE:ORICHALCUM:1][METAL_ORE:IRON:100]
Raw entry for processed magnetite: [METAL_ORE:ORICHALCUM:2][METAL_ORE:IRON:125]

I've started vanilla games with aboveground plant access before, they almost always have amaranths and onions. I think it has more to do with what biomes dwarves access to in world-gen, so a 5-year history will have a much shorter plant-list than the 125-year histories I prefer- but they still might not have any if they've never left the mountains.
Correct, its the biome of the home civ, just like the dry-cavern-without-plump-helmets that people often report as bug.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2015, 04:44:17 pm »

I can confirm that my smelter produces four bars of iron when it runs the "Smelt pure magnetite ore" reaction.  It correctly uses pure magnetite ore, but yields the same as regular magnetite ore. I can also confirm that my raws say the same as what you just posted. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2015, 06:37:41 pm »

Thats weird. Toady must have changed it, and it only accepts values till 100% now? Did you smelt two ores after each other, and check if its 8 or 9 bars? Maybe it just gets barely enough for that extra bar.

Otherwise this should work:
[METAL_ORE:IRON:100]
[METAL_ORE:IRON:25]

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2015, 07:17:25 pm »

Thats weird. Toady must have changed it, and it only accepts values till 100% now? Did you smelt two ores after each other, and check if its 8 or 9 bars? Maybe it just gets barely enough for that extra bar.

Smelting two ores one after the other yields 8 bars.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2015, 07:27:00 pm »

Thanks.

I'll now try the alternative version I posted, maybe it works.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2015, 07:33:01 pm »

Tested, using one with 100% and another line with 25% fixes it. I get 5 bars.

Thanks for the reports. :)

Edit: Fixed it for all processed ores. :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:36:29 pm by Meph »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2015, 04:52:04 am »

I think after the change when the % in reactions changed from "how much has been processed in this workshop until we get another" to "chance" output, everything above 100% got treated as 100%.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2015, 05:57:28 am »

Plants dont hurt.

That's just. like, your opinion, man.

Seriously, though, have you seen the above-ground plant list as of 0.40.24? Yeeesh.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 30