Poll

How many players do we have?

Count me in!
- 13 (61.9%)
No, but maybe I'll watch
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46

Author Topic: The Dark Star (space game) - Planning thread (It begins! Link on latest post)  (Read 80479 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Star (space game) - Planning/Pre-game/Interest thread
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2015, 10:11:51 pm »

More charge.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2015, 10:31:17 pm »

Based on how the battery cells would likely be used like clips. I don't think replacing the handle would benefit for rapid reload.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2015, 11:38:22 pm »

Well, the way you say it I disagree and think it would improve the rapidness. You tear off the handle and then just slam a new one on without having to worry about things like the hole you'd normally need to put it in.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2015, 11:40:49 pm »

You tear off the handle and then drop the gun cause you're not able to hold it by the superheated parts.

I feel like a clip would be more effective regardless, since with a clip, you don't need to reattach the entire handle in the first place.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2015, 11:42:56 pm »

Well, you know the cockers on flintlocks? Apply those and now there's a handle to hold it by. And I'd rather not waste time on have to find the hole mid-fire fight than just slide the handle on and start back to shooting.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2015, 11:50:03 pm »

... Wouldn't it be faster to slide the clip on?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2015, 11:57:27 pm »

Not really no.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2015, 12:07:36 am »

Explain your thinking here. Since from looking at how a gun is designed. Removing the handle doesn't make sense. Even with some pistols irl, the handle has a clip hole that you slide clips in. Based on what you're saying, you think it would make more sense to just remove the handle and put on a new handle. There's a big reason why that isn't done.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2015, 12:12:59 am »

Yeah, you remove the handle since it's just a big fucking clip and then slap the bitch back on. Real quick.

And guns aren't lasers. Some things just don't apply.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2015, 12:16:25 am »

Barring some unlikely alien ergonomics, of course. But TBH, this probably qualifies as fluff.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2015, 02:10:18 am »

Bluh, still sick. Sorry for lateness.

Would've submitted this later, but then the net died and I'm posting this in a public PC >_>

Can we at least give the AI's head monitor board a Top Hat?
Let's....just institute a crew costume day...to keep your silly in gear. :P
But really. If you're going to be silly, make it sensible with lore and a traditional flair. Makes it all the more fun. :3

Name: Sera "S4" Spero

Species: Umain

Personal Description//Species Description: Sera is of humanoid in shape--measuring about 1 and a half meters in height. Sera's body is comprised of lightweight alloys protecting the general thoracic and abdominal region as well as the extremities, while the rest is a covering mesh of synthetic fibers weaved along with the alloy plating to make a smooth and form-fitting outline.

The Umain are one of the newer encounters in the known universe: rarely encountered alone, and seemingly reclusive when separated from their kin. As a people, they are community-oriented as a society and very protective of each other, though in the current time this level of empathy has expanded to those they trust, including those in aid. They are generally described as both a hardy and a fragile race, able to survive in any atmosphere where a regular environmental suit would be required for any biological organism to enter alive, yet easily destroyed by moderate physical trauma and exposure to transient electromagnetic disturbances or radiated magnetic fields. In the current time, only one significant habitat has been encountered: a single ship the size of a small moon--knowingly termed as a ship by the first contacts due to its structural composition and on-board machinery. Though their current 'hiveship' is well documented, the true origins of the near-emotionless Umain are a mystery; it is known that the majority of their bodies are composed of biological and synthetic material, with the latter forming an exoskeleton over the former, which give the illusion of a silver-grey 'skin' with a metallic sheen, and that all Umain located outside of their hiveship are capable with the interface of general mechanics and servicing of interstellar craft. In record: they are aptly advanced in the fields of science and technology, philosophy and synthetic intelligence, seen as 'civilized lifeforms capable of understanding thorough and comprehensive speech and thought' during the species' first encounter.

An Umain {given as both the singular and plural form of the species} is relatively diurnal, requiring rest during varying portions of their time spent awake. Common to their species is a seeming determination acting as their driving force in all their actions, spurred on with tick-tock precision; from the first encounters until the current time, though thorough information regarding their race or their full capabilities have not yet been completed given their short length of introduction.

Personally, Sera is a stoic individual, yet was well-known by the individuals introducing her as a kind and compassionate being, loyal and willing to stand for what 'he' believes is right. Before this venture, Sera worked as an extra-atmospheric technician, and a part-time militia among one of the perimeter asteroid mining fields, sanctioned by the ruling authority in that region--though the region was well known for its notoriety in crime.

Skills/Abilities:

> Foresight: S4's visor contains a suite scanner availing the detection of organisms in the infrared and thermal spectrum, when the normative light spectrum fails.
> Mobility: 'Hooks' and grappling mechanisms, personal "gravity" stabilizers (utilizing magnetic forces, though termed as such for novelty) as well as an on-person propulsion module allows minute boosts of movement in an otherwise vulnerable position.
> Medicae: S4 has personally customized their function to be a limited-extension of the ship's medical station, with the ability to 'heal' organics in a moderate radius (~10 yards), which would interface with the on-tech catalogue of alien biology information collated and reform to sublimate with the specie in-situ.
> Marksmanship: Optical and parasympathetic nervous motor conduits stabilize aim at long ranges, allowing a greater magnitude of precision and accuracy with projectile weaponry.
> Personal weaponry: As a reputation for purveyors of technology, Sera's suit utilizes micro-thin energy fields, located near the wrist section; monomolecular blades accompanied by holographic outlining form for visibility of the user and any allies around, to work as weapons against foes. This also conveys short-ranged heat dispersion in the form of kinetic blows or very quick gouts of short lasting, highly volatile yet incendiary flame.
> Xenozoologist: Having a penchant in the field of biology and the inner mechanisms of each, widely known alien lifeform--the use of cross matching and identifying similarities and empirical data qualifies analysis of newly encountered life-forms.
> Autonomous: Sera only requires recharging with the ship's main power core, as well as occasional purging of chemicals after any exposure to the external environment.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2015, 11:55:05 am »

Exactly. Eventually outright loonyism gets stale, so you have to be creative. Like how I wrote hundreds of words to justify playing a blimp.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2015, 02:00:46 pm »

Hm... to put up a sheet for posterity or not? Such is the question, indeed.

Ah well, here goes!

Not sure if I actually want to be or can logistically be in the game itself, but felt I needed to make a sheet anyway.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 12, 2015, 02:13:48 pm »

While funny, it does sound like a fairly obvious human expy (in appearance anyway), which goes against the spirit of the rule a bit.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 12, 2015, 03:57:34 pm »

While funny, it does sound like a fairly obvious human expy (in appearance anyway), which goes against the spirit of the rule a bit.

Well, what do all these diverse aliens have in common?

That's right, they don't look like humans! So a human shape is ideal for a Spacefriend. That it may resemble any other races we may encounter on the way is merely extremely unfortunate coincidence, though for who exactly, I cannot quite say.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 46