Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1472690 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #12480 on: February 23, 2016, 07:29:04 pm »

Well, when done correctly hanging is a fairly quick, reliable, and painless method of execution. I'd certainly prefer it to the frequently botched injection method.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: February 23, 2016, 07:34:01 pm »

Execution by skydive when?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12482 on: February 23, 2016, 07:46:32 pm »

I'd want execution by firing squad / death squad if I were to be executed, whilst I do appreciate hanging when it just breaks your neck, that case where one of Saddam's overweight friends' head was severed by the rope - nope! NOPE!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: February 23, 2016, 07:55:20 pm »

How do I get to The Guardians live interactive of the Nevada caucases like they did three days ago? Or maybe it's just not up yet.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: February 23, 2016, 08:05:46 pm »

You mean this?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/feb/23/nevada-republican-caucuses-live-coverage-trump-cruz-rubio

EDIT: Oh, you probably meant a graphic thing. Haven't found one yet.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:09:20 pm by smirk »
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: February 23, 2016, 08:13:07 pm »

Yeah, I meant that graphic thing which RedKing posted for the one on the 20th. They probably just don't have it posted yet.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: February 23, 2016, 08:17:14 pm »

Looks like caucuses will be ending around 9 PST, so results will probably start in another 4 hours or so. I... might just go to bed instead.
also
his moist amphibian skin

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: February 23, 2016, 08:31:14 pm »

I'd want execution by firing squad / death squad if I were to be executed, whilst I do appreciate hanging when it just breaks your neck, that case where one of Saddam's overweight friends' head was severed by the rope - nope! NOPE!
Yeah, writhing around bleeding to death sounds fun.

Firing squads usually fire into the centre of mass at close range. So they're likely to hit the intestines, stomach, kidneys or lumbar vertebrae. None of those are going to kill you quickly. IIRC a witness said it took about six minutes for the person to die.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: February 23, 2016, 09:19:40 pm »

Firing squads usually fire into the centre of mass at close range. So they're likely to hit the intestines, stomach, kidneys or lumbar vertebrae. None of those are going to kill you quickly. IIRC a witness said it took about six minutes for the person to die.

Last thing you're ever going to feel? Might as well actually FEEL it.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
also
his moist amphibian skin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: February 23, 2016, 09:52:08 pm »

@other people in states which have caucases: Coming from a state which does not do caucases, do typical caucases look like the ones that the The Guardian people are apparently seeing?

Edit: Actually, nix that question, others are seeing it be chaotic and messy as all hell: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/02/disarray-nevada-caucuses-219702

edit2: Those from other caucasing states with caucasing experience can still give their input though....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:59:28 pm by smjjames »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: February 23, 2016, 10:00:37 pm »

Rendered deeply unconscious.  Giant weight dropped on head.

Skydiving works, too.

Not sure why it all has to be so elaborate.  Just the desire to ritualize the ending of a life, I guess?  But really... painless, instantaneous death shouldn't be such a difficult thing to do.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: February 23, 2016, 10:06:25 pm »

Also, CNN shows the first caucaus results as coming in a bit less than two hours. So, I can 'hold the fort' for you east coast guys if neccesary.

edit: Nevada senator Geary called for a senate hearing on the irregularities. You know the situation is bad when the local senator calls for a senate hearing.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:26:57 pm by smjjames »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: February 23, 2016, 10:12:04 pm »

Rendered deeply unconscious.  Giant weight dropped on head.

Skydiving works, too.

Not sure why it all has to be so elaborate.  Just the desire to ritualize the ending of a life, I guess?  But really... painless, instantaneous death shouldn't be such a difficult thing to do.

It's not every day that Belarus can be held up as an example for others (with respect to Guardian GI) but they conduct executions by shooting the guilty party in the back of the head with a suppressed 9mm pistol at an 'undisclosed location.' That seems a sensible way to go about it. No pomp and circumstance, no spectacle, just getting it done in a quiet and dignified manner. Though their practice of burying the person in secret afterward and simply telling the family that the execution had taken place is a little bit unnecessary.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:13:44 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1342