Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1471107 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #18555 on: May 27, 2016, 04:40:43 pm »

Muawiyah?  A loser.  You call that a schism?  If Trump started a schism it would last a lot longer then 1000 years and kill a lot more people.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18556 on: May 27, 2016, 06:12:54 pm »

Trump backs out of Sanders debate.
Dammit

"If you're in first place, you don't want to really debate a guy who's in second place," Trump said.
Geez why does he gotta be such a dork
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18557 on: May 27, 2016, 06:38:02 pm »

"If you're in first place, you don't want to really debate a guy who's in second place," Trump said.
Geez why does he gotta be such a dork

Muawiyah?  A loser.  You call that a schism?  If Trump started a schism it would last a lot longer then 1000 years and kill a lot more people.
Muawiyah was a nimble navigator, and one of the things I was referencing most pertinently here was how Caliph Ali decided to negotiate with Muawiyah. By negotiating with Muawiyah, he lowered his own status as Caliph to governor, whilst Muawiyah went from being governor to the guy who just forced the Caliph to negotiate - even though Caliph Ali had other options. It gave Muawiyah all the legitimacy he needed to cement his power whilst it ignited rebellion for Ali.
In this sense Trump has made a killing by slaughtering the incompetent establishment candidates, but that was whilst he was on the offence and not defending his authority. Now he's running on top he can't make any mortal mistakes, and he can't get point at someone else and say they're worse - now he stands centre stage alone.
If he accepted this debate, what would he gain? If he won this debate and slaughtered Bernie Sanders, he will have lowered himself to debating with the 2nd place senator who has little chance at victory - it will be an empty victory, with the greatest victor being Bernie Sanders. If he loses then he will have just been defeated by the 2nd place senator, the defeat will be altogether real and Bernie Sanders will have twice the victory. It's pointless victory or lose for Trump, win or win for Bernie, so the only way to win is to not play. CNBC believe such a debate would be Hillary's worst nightmare realised, whilst it may give her a headache she's el teflon juan and there's not much else you can do to lower her strength besides get her arrested for cheeki email shenanigens of buff up Bill's lolita express bonanza, so it'd be making a strong opponent to possibly weaken another at great potential risk to their own campaign. Cost to benefit seems poor

Never go full Muawiyah when other options are available

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18559 on: May 27, 2016, 06:52:44 pm »

Bernie Panders enters a rally to DMX's "Where the Hood At"
I would say "is this real life or is this just fantasy" but the whole fucking world has gone crazy and we're already through our supply of that for 2016.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18560 on: May 27, 2016, 06:55:30 pm »

You know thinking about it, in the event of some god-tier flawless victory in Trump vs Sanders, even that would do Trump more harm than good, since it'd ensure Clinton a guaranteed victory without making anyone salty as fuck

Bernie Panders enters a rally to DMX's "Where the Hood At"
I would say "is this real life or is this just fantasy" but the whole fucking world has gone crazy and we're already through our supply of that for 2016.
It has only begun

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18561 on: May 27, 2016, 06:59:28 pm »

The amount of entitlement from Sanderistas is amazing. Be happy Teflon Don got the media to acknowledge Sanders exists.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18562 on: May 27, 2016, 07:19:42 pm »

Hey man, you know the saying.*"If you content yourself with crumbs, you will never grasp steak." *That I just made up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18563 on: May 27, 2016, 07:41:17 pm »

I just hope that Sanders supporters see this and don't give Trump their votes.  I do know people who were considering that.  Trump actually had a lot to win in the general election by doing this, but he knew he couldn't win those votes in a fair fight.  So he's hoping to get them by default.

I totally understand writing in Sanders, or Tzeentch, or a real third-party option...

Maybe I'm overstating this, it's just that I really like Sanders and I hate that we won't get to see him and Trump debate ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18564 on: May 27, 2016, 07:54:03 pm »

Hey man, you know the saying.*"If you content yourself with crumbs, you will never grasp steak." *That I just made up.
I've spent life content with rice and breadcrumbs and I've still had a few steaks in my life, I don't understand this saying
It's not particularly even a prize worth being discontent over
In addition, being discontent does not help you grasp steak. If you are on a diet of crumbs and hunger for steak, the one who is discontent for it will be controlled by their hunger whilst the one who can think about the process of gaining steak will not be addled by hunger
Paradoxically the one who hungers for the steak is less likely to attain steak at a cost that is worth it. In this same manner those who shop on hungry stomachs will not find their future meals to be as wholesome and valuable as those who shop on full stomachs and focused minds

I just hope that Sanders supporters see this and don't give Trump their votes.  I do know people who were considering that.  Trump actually had a lot to win in the general election by doing this, but he knew he couldn't win those votes in a fair fight.  So he's hoping to get them by default.
But by entering this fight, if he won he'd make Hillary stronger and if he lost he'd make himself weaker, and if this was equal then he'd lose and Bernie rise up top, that doesn't sound like picking a fair fight - especially since the Sanders strategy is to use Trump as a platform to attack Hillary in California, this fight isn't even one where the contender would be present ;D

I totally understand writing in Sanders, or Tzeentch, or a real third-party option...
Maybe I'm overstating this, it's just that I really like Sanders and I hate that we won't get to see him and Trump debate ):
It could still happen for reals when the situation changes. Prolly best bets are for a 3 way debate between Don-Bern-Hill on a level playing field

Plus you're not factoring in the power of the HYPE train. HYPE cannot be derailed easily

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18565 on: May 27, 2016, 08:14:19 pm »

LW is right, if I shop while hungry I end up buying junk food.

... Also, I don't like steak. #heretic
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18566 on: May 27, 2016, 08:17:56 pm »

Yeah steak is one of those foods I only eat if someone offers to me because I don't want to seem impolite, proper 2Hindu4u
Except for the times I eat steak but you know, details

Also your lizard brain may be wired wrong side up, or reverse ways? It is possible that hunger is making you more powerful

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18567 on: May 27, 2016, 08:23:06 pm »

I hate steak, does this mean I used to be a deva?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18568 on: May 27, 2016, 08:33:44 pm »

I hate steak, does this mean I used to be a deva?

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm not the least bit excited about it. The mushrooms stuffed with cheese typically served with it around here are much better IMO.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18569 on: May 27, 2016, 08:42:33 pm »

Steak always upsets my stomach and gets in my teeth, maybe because I'm used to eating fish with occasional chicken.  If I even bother, beans are life.
Sausage is delicious but that's a lazy treat

A bit of pot roast at holidays is pretty tasty though.  Hours of cooking makes (even cheap) beef almost not tough and stringy (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1236 1237 [1238] 1239 1240 ... 1342