Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1453720 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #19605 on: June 14, 2016, 10:51:28 pm »

are you seaworld?
Guys. Guys, I think he's Sea World.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: June 14, 2016, 11:02:51 pm »

are you seaworld?
Guys. Guys, I think he's Sea World.

I don't think so. Yeah, people are arguing with him, but if he was you'd think someone would've said something about orcas by now.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: June 14, 2016, 11:08:00 pm »

Guys, I'm a human.  Here's a picture of me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: June 14, 2016, 11:09:11 pm »

All dolphins think they're humans, don't let it deceive you with its sonic mind control!
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: June 15, 2016, 01:45:44 am »

Plot twist: mainiac is actually a body of water.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: June 15, 2016, 02:37:37 am »

Apparently several prominent republicans have publicly dropped their support for Trump after what he said about muslims after the shooting.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/republikeinen-nemen-afstand-van-trump-om-anti-islam-uitspraken~a4320648/

I wonder, how does it technically work in the US? Theoretically, if the majority of republicans would drop their support, could he still continue running for presidency, and if yes, could he still do that as a 'republican', or would that mean America gets a third political party?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: June 15, 2016, 02:38:30 am »

The endorsements dont actually do anything, they are just, well, endorsements.

Plot twist: mainiac is actually a body of water.

Sigg'd
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: June 15, 2016, 09:20:52 am »

Apparently several prominent republicans have publicly dropped their support for Trump after what he said about muslims after the shooting.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/republikeinen-nemen-afstand-van-trump-om-anti-islam-uitspraken~a4320648/

I wonder, how does it technically work in the US? Theoretically, if the majority of republicans would drop their support, could he still continue running for presidency, and if yes, could he still do that as a 'republican', or would that mean America gets a third political party?

It's complicated, but basically it all depends on how the convention in July plays out. While he's basically got the mandate to be the candidate at this point and it would be political suicide for the whole party to try to bump Trump out of the race(Excepting last minute revelations that might disqualify him for some pretty valid reason that's just indisputable. Maybe he's not actually a US citizen? Maybe he's not actually older than 35? I dunno.), Republicans could still do plenty of stuff to screw him over in the convention. AFTER the convention though, I don't think there's much they can do if he comes out of that as the candidate.

Nothing is set in stone as far as candidates until the convention though.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: June 15, 2016, 09:22:22 am »

Can they? I mean, he got the delegates, he got the convention. However, individual member of the GOP have no obligation to support him. I wonder if the RNC is forced to fully support its candidate or not.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: June 15, 2016, 09:39:26 am »

They make up the rules... they can change the rules. By the current rules Trump has it, but those rules can change and the only thing really stopping them is drawing the ire of the masses...

I think it'd take something seriously bad for them to pull that stunt though. I think they were considering it when they still have a viable contender in the race with Rubio, Kasich, or even Cruz, but they don't have anyone else running at the moment.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: June 15, 2016, 09:40:07 am »

They certainly aren't in any legal sense, yeah. Government et al kinda' have bugger all to do with the primary process, save what limitations they put on donations and campaign spending and whatnot. How the parties organize themselves are entirely up to the parties, when it comes right down to it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: June 15, 2016, 11:09:23 am »

--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: June 15, 2016, 11:15:31 am »

All they would have to do is change the convention rules so that delegates can vote for whoever they want to on the first vote, change the rules restricting who can be voted for, float an alternative candidate, and hope the Trump delegates reject Trump.

I wonder if the Republican Party will tear itself apart regardless of whether or not they do that?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: June 15, 2016, 11:18:03 am »

The delegates would probably for Trump anyway given the choice.

I'm somewhat surprised that women registering for the draft is happening so quietly: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/15/us/politics/congress-women-military-draft.html?_r=0

I am breathing a great sigh of relief.  Finally the tyranny of men bearing this burden alone is lifted.  I have had to check dozens of boxes over the course of my life that women were exempt from checking.  Hundreds even.  It's nice to know that finally I am on an even playing field.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: June 15, 2016, 11:22:47 am »

Well, there is no good reasons not to have men and women face the same requirement no?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1342