Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1469861 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #19710 on: June 15, 2016, 09:51:55 pm »

And under him, race relations were set back decades.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: June 15, 2016, 09:58:32 pm »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: June 15, 2016, 10:09:27 pm »

So because I don't believe Trump has a genuine altruistic bone in his body.

What does he have to gain from becoming president? I mean it isn't like he could change laws to benefit his businesses and world views...

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19713 on: June 15, 2016, 10:12:12 pm »

why can't we find a candidate that has a, if not squeaky clean, then at least a background that's not soiled by the sheer amount of muck she and her husband have walked through?

We did. His name is Barack Obama, and he's limited to two terms thanks to That Amendment Ratified Because FDR Was Re-Elected Repeatedly Until He Died In Office.

Fair enough, a squeaky clean record isn't any guarantee of lack of future wrongdoing either. Cause boy did I enjoy having my privacy expectations taken down a couple of notches, or the idea that whistleblowers would be able to keep the government in check being thrown out the window. Also if I ever meet him I'll have to thank him for all the drone strikes being rained down on civilians in other countries. Really keeps our reputation up and the world safer.

Even with all that said, I'd rather take my chances with a clean record than a dirty one. Even looking back with 20/20 hindsight on 2008 I think I made the right choice. Less sure about 2012, but I honestly can't say Romney would have been significantly better.

So because I don't believe Trump has a genuine altruistic bone in his body.

What does he have to gain from becoming president? I mean it isn't like he could change laws to benefit his businesses and world views...

Who knows what goes on under that hair.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: June 15, 2016, 10:13:50 pm »

It's not what's under the hair, the hair itself is a rider, and is in fact composed of highly-stranded 3D processors containing the AI that came back to our time to conquer humanity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19715 on: June 15, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »

You forgot to mention it was built by hitler after he faked his death, time traveled to the future, and gene-spliced himself with stalin and mao.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: June 15, 2016, 10:25:55 pm »

Ohhh xD

Sorry, nothing seems impossible anymore.
I know, right?  I was ready to believe it too!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: June 15, 2016, 11:31:24 pm »

I kind of wonder why so many women support Trump when he clearly doesn't support women.

But then I remember that I live in the world where there are Rap artists who openly rap about having absolutely no respect for women... but whose album are predominately bought by women.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: June 15, 2016, 11:37:19 pm »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/politics/donald-trump-republican-leaders-by-myself/index.html

New Trump comparison: He is, in fact, an impressively-coiffed spider wasp larva. (In this analogy, the GOP is a spider)

I kind of wonder why so many women support Trump when he clearly doesn't support women.

But then I remember that I live in the world where there are Rap artists who openly rap about having absolutely no respect for women... but whose album are predominately bought by women.
Last I saw (second-hand), his approval rating among women in general was somewhere around 37% (63% unfavorable). Still pretty impressive, I guess, depending on your interpretation of his women's-issues remarks.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: June 15, 2016, 11:43:46 pm »

So apparently, according to (at least?) one poll, Gary Johnson, Libertarian candidate, is in the double digits.

You know something's up when third parties are getting noticeable polling...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: June 16, 2016, 12:00:38 am »

And while I'm sure plenty of people will cry foul at me saying this, take a closer look at Bill's investigations too. If you're to believe some of the testimony from the Paula Jones/Lewinsky case then Hillary was far more than just an innocent and ignorant bystander in all of that.

She acted like a woman who REALLY hated Monica Lewinsky.  Gee why would a woman hate her husbands mistress?  It's a real fucking mystery.

And this is the same woman that conservatives constantly complain is cold and calculating.  So she should act authentic... just the sort of authenticity that doesn't involve being at all emotional in an incredibly emotional situation.

But then conservative politicians dont know what it's like to go through this stuff.  They are the ones leading the lynch mobs while screwing their mistresses on the side.  Let me briefly recap the top conservatives who had extramarital affairs while impeaching bill Clinton for hiding his affair.

Newt Gingrich: Speaker of the House who got the impeachment ball rolling.  Without question the most powerful republican of the 90s and the man who staked his career on the impeachment.  He was having an affair with a young staffer while holding congressional hearings on Bill Clinton's personal life.  Gingrich was cheating on his second wife.  His second wife is the woman he had an affair on his first wife with.
Bob Livingston: The man who was Speaker of the House when they voted for impeachment.  Four known mistresses during the 90s.  His case is very interesting because it shows us what the "liberal media" is.  Newspapers and television weren't interested in investigating the personal life of the highest ranking republican in government.  They were too busy hating on the Clintons.  Hustler magazine broke the story.  So if people complain about the liberal media, keep in mind that the liberal media at least gives you some decent tits.  Livingston resigned the day of the impeachment vote.
Dennis Hassert: So after the last two republican speakers of the house had affairs while working to impeach Bill Clinton they decide to go with a gay pedophile adulterer as the next Speaker.  Y'know.  For a change of pace.

It's like they are the villians in some ridiculous drama.  They need to do unbelievably horrible things so the audience has no compunctions about Hillary forgiving her husband.  At least Bill isn't like those horrible men!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:02:20 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: June 16, 2016, 12:34:05 am »

Last I saw (second-hand), his approval rating among women in general was somewhere around 37% (63% unfavorable). Still pretty impressive, I guess, depending on your interpretation of his women's-issues remarks.

Less of a mystery when you realize that women are human beings with opinions on the whole range of political issues and not just women. If you're a woman but think what America needs is a big wall and nothing else, well, why wouldn't you vote Trump?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19722 on: June 16, 2016, 12:43:04 am »

On the other hand, people tend to vote against candidates who are willing to disparage entire groups...  Especially when they're part of said groups.

That's why politicians are famously careful.  But here comes Trump.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: June 16, 2016, 01:19:31 am »

On the other hand, people tend to vote against candidates who are willing to disparage entire groups...  Especially when they're part of said groups.

That's why politicians are famously careful.  But here comes Trump.

Trump is honestly such a punch to my faith in America... I mean... it was BAD before... but I always had faith that the majority of the people involved weren't racist...

But no... Trump tried to appeal to the lowest common denominator... and that... happens to be... nearly half of America...

If I was an American... I'd weep tears... I'd be so distraught that this country that I thought was digging itself out of the mud and trying to be a prosperous country that cares for ALL its citizens... Isn't... It is crap with crap.

If this happened in Canada... a Party leader said the kind of things Trump said... and had a good chance of forming a Majority... I'd never be able to look at my country the same way again.

NOW America knows... Racists are not some small minority... Sexists are not a small minority. Islamaphobes are not some small minority... and when the polls come... you will know EXACTLY how many there are in the country... because all of them would have preferred Trump become president then anyone else.

37%

Now are everyone who votes for him racist? No. but DANG if I'd need convincing afterwards.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:23:06 am by Neonivek »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: June 16, 2016, 01:28:25 am »

Enemy of the enemy.  They dont have to be racist to vote Trump.  They just have to consider Trump's casual use of political racism less scary then a democratic president.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 1342