Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1470390 times)

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #19725 on: June 16, 2016, 01:49:36 am »

And nah, you don't need a human on the battlefield. Controlling whatever's on it, maybe, but outside of various ethical/societal concerns about the human cost of war being too cheap, there's really no particular need to actually have flesh and blood being shot at. Even beyond airborne drones, there's already a fair amount of remote controlled or autonomous military devices under development and whatnot.
Remote control can be jammed or hacked. Drones are all fine and dandy when you're fighting technologically inferior forces with no cyber warfare capacities, but they wouldn't be near as useful against Russia or China.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19726 on: June 16, 2016, 03:05:07 am »

Russia and China have their own drones as well, at this point. They're not fielded in the same numbers that the US has and their tech is a few years behind, but they certainly have functioning drone programs. And yes, the Russians in particular are very adept at electronic warfare.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19727 on: June 16, 2016, 03:55:38 am »

I didnt know most of the deer meat is left uneaten in US.. That is odd. Or the deer problem is more serious than I've thought.

Nonono, I mean the killing the best ones specifically--sport hunters usually go after the bucks with the most magnificent, er, antlers? Horns? Which generally signify the deer's overall physical capabilities. If a disease starts taking out the deer, then leaving only females and the weakest of the males could lead to a localized extinction.

Some do that, yes. Depending on where in the world you are it may also be illegal to shoot a female deer/moose that has its calf with her. If the womb is shot, hunters need to shoot the calf too as the calf has very small chances of survival even if its several months old. Calves have the best meat and prioritizing on them also "simulates" nature as with less food and more predators around, the natural death rate would a lot larger among them than adults.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19728 on: June 16, 2016, 07:47:32 am »

Islamaphobes
So, question. A phobia is defined as a persistent fear of an object or situation the affected person will go to great lengths to avoid, typically disproportional to the actual danger posed.

So seeing as there is literally an entire section of the world filled with what amounts to theocracies centered around a religion that is so massively philosophically opposed to American philosophies that they feel it to be their holy duty to either force us to become like them or else decapitate us and drag our corpses around in the street...
How is not being so hot about that a phobia?

I mean yeah #notallmuslims and such I get that but THE CRAZY ONES ARE IN FUCKING CHARGE. We have a thread on this very forum that basically amounts to "don't go to muslim countries, because they are FUCKED" and no one seems to take issue with that.
So why is it seen as illogical and racist to feel threatened by a population actively attempting to threaten you?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19729 on: June 16, 2016, 07:51:29 am »

Because #NotAllMuslim, yeah. That thread refers specifically to Qatar and the UAE, not the whole Muslim world.

Also, you shouldn't get too hung up on the etymology. We call gay-haters homophobes even if they're not really afraid.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19730 on: June 16, 2016, 07:58:57 am »

Correction: we HAD a thread on this forum about that. Seems to have disappeared into the aether like every other even slightly anti-muslim sentiment seems to do around here...

Indeed, I do this.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19731 on: June 16, 2016, 07:59:57 am »

Dude, you're aware that we have Sonlirain openly praising people throwing pig's head on Mosques and arguing for attack dogs to keep muslim out and no one bats an eyelid?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19732 on: June 16, 2016, 08:01:49 am »

When did that happen?

How is not being so hot about that a phobia?
Difference is mostly "some muslims are sexist/racist/terrorist/etc -> we should probably be careful of that", "some muslims are terrorists -> fuck muslims amirite", progressives conflating the former with the latter, rampant intolerance of intolerance, and strawmen getting beheaded for apostasy.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:05:15 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19733 on: June 16, 2016, 08:04:42 am »

Dude, you're aware that we have Sonlirain openly praising people throwing pig's head on Mosques and arguing for attack dogs to keep muslim out and no one bats an eyelid?
No I was not actually aware of that. Though now I'm curious if Sonlirain will correlate what you just said about him/her/it/pgaf

Also I highly doubt that "no one bats an eyelid" in fact it sticking in your memory shows that at least SOMEONE did in fact notice.

Indeed, I do this.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19734 on: June 16, 2016, 08:16:59 am »

I kind of wonder why so many women support Trump when he clearly doesn't support women.

But then I remember that I live in the world where there are Rap artists who openly rap about having absolutely no respect for women... but whose album are predominately bought by women.
yes. because women are not allowed to think for themselves, must only vote for who the Identity decrees is best
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19735 on: June 16, 2016, 08:28:59 am »

I kind of wonder why so many women support Trump when he clearly doesn't support women.

But then I remember that I live in the world where there are Rap artists who openly rap about having absolutely no respect for women... but whose album are predominately bought by women.
yes. because women are not allowed to think for themselves, must only vote for who the Identity decrees is best
Yup, and its not like there's any other aspect to their personality to appeal to other then the fact they have a vagina! That would be ludicrous!

Indeed, I do this.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19736 on: June 16, 2016, 08:33:50 am »

It’s OK to feel helpless, because you are, and evil is triumphant. Whatever else he says, Bernie Sanders has lost the world. Trump versus Clinton is not the contest of two creatures in a ruined city; it’s Miltonian chaos, eternal anarchy amidst the noise of endless wars. Of course one of them is better than the other; you can even pull out your utilitarian calculator and work out which one it is – but these are not fungible quantities, but endlessly different, and therefore the same. Hillary Clinton is, as her supporters like to put it, imperfect – a mass murderer, a wrecker of nations and peoples, the political expression of biophagous finance, a ruthless cynic who will fling millions into whatever ravine presents itself to get what she wants, which is power. Donald Trump doesn’t want power; he’s far more dangerous than that. He wants attention. How can you really measure her long list of abuses against the sheer potential for disaster coiled in his stupid, stocky body? Measure so many thousands of dead Libyans, so many tens of thousands of dead Syrians, so many hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis against the peril of a waddling baby in charge of the world? Still it’s not impossible, we can quantify anything. Say two million excess deaths under President Clinton – from financial predation, from disease, from war – and ten million excess deaths under President Trump – all those plus racist violence, malfeasance, and incompetence – and there’s your moral case for voting for Clinton. It’s not nice, it never is, but you vote for the lesser of two evils, refining the selection process again and again until you find something good. Except you never will; there’s a sameness beyond magnitude. This is where the evil comes from: quantification, ethics as a series of numbers, human life as a data-point. The least bad option, which represents the systematisation of evil, is always worse than the worst.

fuck yeah, agitprop gives me wood

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19737 on: June 16, 2016, 08:43:33 am »

It’s not nice, it never is, but you vote for the lesser of two evils, refining the selection process again and again until you find something good. Except you never will; there’s a sameness beyond magnitude. This is where the evil comes from: quantification, ethics as a series of numbers, human life as a data-point. The least bad option, which represents the systematisation of evil, is always worse than the worst.
And this part is why you should vote TRUMP. Because you'll never get anything better by picking the lesser of two evils, so pick the greater. Then you have shock value. You can't look back and say "oh, well those X million deaths were bad, but just imagine what the BIGGER evil woulda done!" instead you'll have to finally actually face the facts and find a fix. Bitch.

Indeed, I do this.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19738 on: June 16, 2016, 08:48:57 am »

Getting really sick of the "burn it all down" political philosophy. It's got all the intellectual weight of a bag of M&Ms. And the same people will then turn around and bitch because they have to live in the embers of the world they helped create.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19739 on: June 16, 2016, 08:51:07 am »

You can't look back and say "oh, well those X million deaths were bad, but just imagine what the BIGGER evil woulda done!" instead you'll have to finally actually face the facts and find a fix. Bitch.

You definitely have a point.  People dont seem to care about the millions of people Obama put in CIA blacksites.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 1342