Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1468400 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #19740 on: June 16, 2016, 08:55:22 am »

Yeah, it's a fun sentiment until you actually live with it. I'll take the lesser evil, thanks. It's less likely to have me starving to death in the streets, among any number of other bad ends. I care about the future generations, but not enough for that, and I'd much rather live for them than die for them.

If y'all want to suffer and/or die for them, well. Good luck, have fun, please stay away from me, my family, friends, any other bystanders, etc., when you go out in a blaze. I support most self-destructive behavior so long as no one besides the individual in question is in the blast radius. Please don't try to put me and the rest of the country/world in the blast radius.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19741 on: June 16, 2016, 09:05:40 am »

because we know for a fact that trump is literally hitler, while clinton's just a nice old gran who misplaced some emails.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: June 16, 2016, 09:06:33 am »

I care about the future generations

You may care for them but they wont care for you :).  The people of the future will live in a utopia by your standards and bitterly complain about how their ancestors handed them such a crappy world.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: June 16, 2016, 09:08:52 am »

I care about the future generations

You may care for them but they wont care for you :).  The people of the future will live in a utopia by your standards and bitterly complain about how their ancestors handed them such a crappy world.
But they won't live in a relative utopia if everything goes crashing down around them because Trump exploded it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19744 on: June 16, 2016, 09:14:22 am »

Even the effects of a Trump probably wouldn't show up generations later.  To see what it takes to turn a first world country into a third world country, you need to look at Argentina (the only example AFAIK).  One bad leader can't do it.  You need decades of mismanagement and repression of those who would reform.

I found this graph interesting:

source: http://shorensteincenter.org/pre-primary-news-coverage-2016-trump-clinton-sanders/

Americans love to complain about how politics is empty and evasive but the more the media talks about a politician's policies, the more they criticize the politician.  Policy is just ammo to be "neutral" while showing your hate.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: June 16, 2016, 09:22:40 am »

One bad leader can't do it.  You need decades of mismanagement and repression of those who would reform.

Good thing we haven't had that then... oh wait...

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: June 16, 2016, 09:30:12 am »

because we know for a fact that trump is literally hitler, while clinton's just a nice old gran who misplaced some emails.
Yeah, another thing that makes me pro-trump is that we kinda have a good idea what the fallout is gonna be from Trump. Hilary on the other hand is such a political chameleon we have literally no idea WHAT she stands for/wants/keeps in her basement as a food source.

I mean the damage Trump can do is pretty much "bad things happen to immigrants/ citizens who look immigrant-y" whereas with Hilary it could be literally anything. We don't know who she wants to do bad things to, or on what scale. All we know is she ISN'T a nice old gran who misplaced some emails.
Its a kinda "evil you know" thing.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: June 16, 2016, 10:01:58 am »

Apparently Trump finally admitted that Belgium is a beautiful city. I guess that kind of make up for calling Brussels a Hellhole.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: June 16, 2016, 10:09:38 am »

Apparently Trump finally admitted that Belgium is a beautiful city. I guess that kind of make up for calling Brussels a Hellhole.
What
What
Whatwhatwhat
What
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19750 on: June 16, 2016, 10:15:56 am »

Trump directly contradicts one of his own extreme statements?

o_____________o

That's my shocked face.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19751 on: June 16, 2016, 10:21:12 am »

To be fair, Molenbeek's mere existence is proof that something has gone horribly wrong in Brussels.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19752 on: June 16, 2016, 10:23:13 am »

Yeah, another thing that makes me pro-trump is that we kinda have a good idea what the fallout is gonna be from Trump. Hilary on the other hand is such a political chameleon we have literally no idea WHAT she stands for/wants/keeps in her basement as a food source.

What do you think "the fallout from Trump" will be? He's changed his positions repeatedly through the campaign, on a day to day basis even. For instance, he said that women who have abortions should be punished. Then he said on second thought, no, doctors who perform abortions should be punished, I love the women, I'd never punish them, honest. I think all Donald Trumps are terrible but some Donald Trumps are more terrible than others.

Dude, you're aware that we have Sonlirain openly praising people throwing pig's head on Mosques and arguing for attack dogs to keep muslim out and no one bats an eyelid?
No I was not actually aware of that. Though now I'm curious if Sonlirain will correlate what you just said about him/her/it/pgaf

Also I highly doubt that "no one bats an eyelid" in fact it sticking in your memory shows that at least SOMEONE did in fact notice.

It may just be that nobody responds because the forum 'guidelines' say they'll get banned if they say what they're thinking.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19753 on: June 16, 2016, 10:28:12 am »

He also said that he would raise the minimum wage and abolish it. I mean, he's all over the place.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19754 on: June 16, 2016, 10:35:32 am »

Yeah, another thing that makes me pro-trump is that we kinda have a good idea what the fallout is gonna be from  "People are praying for me" Donald "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese" Trump. Hilary on the other hand is such a political chameleon we have literally no idea WHAT she stands for/wants/keeps in her basement as a food source.
This, isn't, true? I mean Hillary Clinton is pretty much a clear cut "Obama's third term" vibe going. That's not exactly an amazing, incredible surprise. The woman has been in politics for decades, and we actually have experience with the things she has ACTUALLY DONE in her offices. Remember, she's been a Senator and Secretary of State. We know what she did during those periods, the positions she took. That's not exactly a mystery.

Donald "The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese" Trump on the other had seems like he'd sell his soul if it was a good enough deal. Beyond his incredible rant on immigrants I don't even know *what* the man believes in. He's gone from announcing he will roll back marriage equality and institute Kim Davis laws across the land to calling himself "The defender and champion of the gay community" in the wake of Orlando. Hell, even the immigrant hating is, in my mind, suspect. If he doesn't already know that building a wall or kicking all the muslims out are basically impossible for logistic, legal, and economic reasons, he will be forced to face that truth pretty quickly, and as soon as he does I'm fairly certain he'll abandon it quickly. He flip-flops constantly on every topic.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1315 1316 [1317] 1318 1319 ... 1342