Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1466431 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: American Election Megathread- Voting Trump/Wallace in '168
« Reply #6705 on: November 20, 2015, 04:34:30 pm »

I hope that this level of Republican stupid continues. Once it turns into a pissing contest of who can be more religiously insensitive, they'll hopefully have driven enough voters away that no one dares touch them in a general election.
This is always what happens to the losers of the GOP. They get into hissy fits. I am glad that the top GOP members (except trump) are actually much smarter than they were last year, (Rubio, Cruz, Carson) I want be satisfied if either of them make it into presidency.

Smarter? I'm not even seeing any difference from last year.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: November 20, 2015, 04:39:48 pm »

I mean, the candidates this year are smarter than the candidates last year.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: November 20, 2015, 04:56:47 pm »

If you mean the midterm elections, I don't know about that.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: November 20, 2015, 04:57:39 pm »

If you mean the midterm elections, I don't know about that.
No. The GOP candidates that ran for president in 2012. Of which Mitt Romney was chosen.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: November 20, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »

Romney certainly wasn't winning any prizes for his ability to get a clue, but he was "just" incredibly out-of-touch. I'unno how I'd feel if I had to choose between Romney, Carson, and Trump, ferex--one's a tool of the plutocrats who would hand the keys to the country over to the people who've already bought everything else, one's a creationist who probably knows less about international politics and geography than the average North Korean, and one's a shamelessly self-aggrandizing egomaniac slash real-life Bond villain.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: November 20, 2015, 05:03:29 pm »

Romney. Not a great choice, but certainly lesser of the evils.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: November 20, 2015, 05:17:37 pm »

all the nones are pretty much dedicated libertarian types, and Christian republicans are actually more likely to support you if you bash others.
Nones? If you mean politically, I'm registered independent and I'm not a libertarian! ;D
If you mean religiously, this is what I believe. (Because we have evidence of the Big Bang, and I doubt a universe could have come from nothing, but could a God have existed prior to the universe? It seems possible. There also hasn't been any verifiable divine intervention in history as far as I can tell, just what amounts to mythology that's accepted as fact.)

Also, not all the christian republicans (Assuming the evangelicals mentioned are republicans): Don't 'scapegoat' Syrian refugees, Catholic bishops and evangelicals say

The Republicans aren't the only ones being annoyingly hateful and irrational, either. Apparently there's also an epidemic of illogic on college campuses and so on. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/the-new-intolerance-of-student-activism-at-yale/414810/

(I would love to know where it's coming from, because there was nothing like it 15 years ago, as far as I noticed.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 05:20:48 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: November 20, 2015, 05:28:20 pm »

People who feel they're entitled to victimhood

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: November 20, 2015, 05:30:52 pm »

People who feel they're entitled to victimhood
Which is a very big amount of people these days if you look near tumblr or colleges, it seems like.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: November 20, 2015, 05:33:59 pm »

It's not, it's just that some other bored lackwits like to play up the effect, for various reasons.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: November 20, 2015, 05:39:45 pm »

It's not, it's just that some other bored lackwits like to play up the effect, for various reasons.

Yeah, those big protests for stupid reasons aren't *really* happening, I'm sure.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: November 20, 2015, 05:48:29 pm »

When you're part of the most elite university in America, and you're young and don't know shit about shit, the desire to be provocative can arise.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: November 20, 2015, 05:56:45 pm »

Have you actually been paying attention to that shit that happened at Yale?

Fucking SJWs tried to get a pair of professors fired because (paraphrased) one asked in about the politest terms possible in an email whether it was really cultural appropriation when a little girl who wanted to dress up as Mulan wasn't Chinese. What about that video of a professor talking to a mob of students, trying to engage in reasoned discussion, and one of them decides to start screaming him down? The students requesting transfers to different RCs because that email made them feel "unsafe" or "unwelcome"?  ::)

There are times where Poe's law comes into effect, and some SJW tumblrs are trolls, but old maxim about smoke and fire &c. &c.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: November 20, 2015, 05:59:02 pm »

I mean, that article was linked.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: November 20, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »

Have you actually been paying attention to that shit that happened at Yale?

Fucking SJWs tried to get a pair of professors fired because (paraphrased) one asked in about the politest terms possible in an email whether it was really cultural appropriation when a little girl who wanted to dress up as Mulan wasn't Chinese. What about that video of a professor talking to a mob of students, trying to engage in reasoned discussion, and one of them decides to start screaming him down? The students requesting transfers to different RCs because that email made them feel "unsafe" or "unwelcome"?  ::)

There are times where Poe's law comes into effect, and some SJW tumblrs are trolls, but old maxim about smoke and fire &c. &c.
Why do they always try to get people fired over the stupidest things. They just look like assholes when they do that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 1342