Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1467270 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9240 on: January 05, 2016, 06:31:27 pm »

Another layer of complexity is that Clinton's motives will probably be different depending on how the primaries go.  If Bernie catches fire again and Clinton only scrapes by like Obama did in 2008, the case for Bernie would look a lot stronger.  If the republicans nominate Trump, Clinton could be like Obama and pick someone based on personal chemistry because the election is already in the bag.  If Rubio wins the nomination then trying to compete in Florida isn't worth it.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: January 05, 2016, 06:42:52 pm »

Doubleposting because this needs a post of it's own.

For your reading pleasure: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/264650-clinton-aliens-may-have-visited-us-already
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: January 05, 2016, 07:05:09 pm »

And clinton further cements her position as the least insane notable presidential candidate... would that not be a statement of truth, even if the article isn't wildly misconstruing things
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: January 05, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »

*siiiiiigh*.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: January 05, 2016, 08:47:48 pm »

Better to ease us into the idea now, to avoid a freakout when she takes the mask off and proclaims Earth a colony of Pluto.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: January 05, 2016, 08:49:53 pm »

Have you guys actually watched the Trump ad on youtube?

"He'll put a stop to ISIS!"
"...and take their oil!"

Holy shit the absolute madmen actually made an ad saying that. It sounds like something out of a parody.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: January 05, 2016, 08:56:43 pm »

ISIS is making a killing off selling oil, though. Bizarrely, I think their biggest customer is feckin' Syria.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: January 05, 2016, 09:30:29 pm »

So, the ancient Celts had a law where the higher-ranked you were, the more severe the punishment for crimes.

I feel we should implement this.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: January 05, 2016, 09:44:18 pm »

ISIS is making a killing off selling oil, though. Bizarrely, I think their biggest customer is feckin' Syria.
The spice must flow. Whatever else, the spice must flow.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: January 06, 2016, 12:17:02 am »

So, the ancient Celts had a law where the higher-ranked you were, the more severe the punishment for crimes.

I feel we should implement this.

It's common in Europe to have fines calculated as a sliding-scale based on your income. That would be a start. Then you might not get asshats like Justin Bieber drag racing in Lamborghini's and not giving a shit because the speeding fines so small, and they know they're not going to get jail time because they're so famous.

This would also be a great way to rake the dosh in, if they had fined Bieber millions for the reckless driving and also the marijuana possession, it would have brought in a ton of needed cash at the municipal level. Also, think about incentivizing the cops that rich people are worth more to bust. Right now they probably let a bunch of rich white kids get off scot free for the same offense they come down like a ton of bricks on some ghetto kids, so adding even a small monetary incentive to fine the rich kids would only be leveling the playing field.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:26:03 am by Reelya »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: January 06, 2016, 03:33:47 am »

I approve, I approve muchly.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: January 06, 2016, 05:51:12 am »

We interrupt your regularly-scheduled thread to say: God Bless America.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: January 06, 2016, 06:04:18 am »

That image is gun control propaganda. Implying guns are only for adults by putting them next to booze. Guns are perfectly safe gifts for little kids, or else they wouldn't be allowed to shoot off UZI at firing ranges, and they certainly wouldn't be allowed to sell kiddie rifles:

http://www.crickett.com/crickett_22_WMR.php

What could be safer than rifles for little kids? "It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess" said the Kentucky grandmother of the 2-year old girl killed by her 5-year-old brother with his birthday rifle. They know the score, there's no way to prevent these tragedies. Hell, if the 2 year old had been armed too, then this tragedy may have been averted, do you ever think about that, gun control nuts?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:12:48 am by Reelya »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: January 06, 2016, 08:00:37 am »

That image is gun control propaganda. Implying guns are only for adults by putting them next to booze. Guns are perfectly safe gifts for little kids, or else they wouldn't be allowed to shoot off UZI at firing ranges, and they certainly wouldn't be allowed to sell kiddie rifles:

http://www.crickett.com/crickett_22_WMR.php

What could be safer than rifles for little kids? "It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess" said the Kentucky grandmother of the 2-year old girl killed by her 5-year-old brother with his birthday rifle. They know the score, there's no way to prevent these tragedies. Hell, if the 2 year old had been armed too, then this tragedy may have been averted, do you ever think about that, gun control nuts?

Or, you know, maybe better parenting? You don't blame the bleach when the kid decides to drink it. You don't blame the swimming pool when the kid drowns.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: January 06, 2016, 08:08:37 am »

Well, you don't see parents offering gallon jug of bleach as toys.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1342