Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1472664 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9495 on: January 11, 2016, 08:07:28 pm »

So who is still a serious contender? Trump, Carson, Cruz?

That depends on where you look mostly, if going by people in the double digits, Trump, Cruz, Rubio for nationally with Christie and Kasich in NH. The thing is that with a field this crowded and sliced up, plus the ambiguousity of the polls, how do you define 'serious contender'?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: January 11, 2016, 08:09:23 pm »

Dunno if carson's dropping, but he definitely has been losing folks to other candidates' campaigns. Lost two fairly high up ground campaign critters in... one of the states, I'unno, to Cruz just recently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: January 11, 2016, 08:10:28 pm »

Trump is still going strong, Cruz is second behind Trump, last I heard about Carson he was dropping out and his supporters were going to Cruz instead.

Has he?  If so this will blow the predictions game wide open.

He hasn't dropped out yet.

He definetly isn't doing well and appears to be dying/hemhorraging in NH. I also saw something about a former Carson staffer or something defecting to Cruz.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: January 11, 2016, 08:11:26 pm »

Is he running out of money to pay them, or are they just fleeing a sinking ship, I wonder?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: January 11, 2016, 08:14:17 pm »

Maybe both? The staffing has been shaken multiple times and he has been on a downwards trajectory for some time.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: January 11, 2016, 08:21:51 pm »

Bit of column A, bit of column B. Carson did extraordinarily well in the early money game, but I think the cash spigots have started to dry up after all his gaffes.

I'd say the serious contenders at this point are Trump, Cruz and Rubio. Jeb may hang around for a long time though, just because he has cosmic fucktons of money in his SuperPAC and still a fair amount of establishment backing. The degree to which that backing starts to migrate to Rubio will determine Jeb's longevity.

Worth noting that in the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, not only is Sanders polling better head-to-head against GOP candidates than Hillary in the early primary states, in most cases it's a race flip as a result:

Iowa: Trump vs. Clinton    Clinton 48, Trump 40            Clinton +8
Iowa: Trump vs. Sanders    Sanders 51, Trump 38    Sanders +13

Iowa: Cruz vs. Clinton    Cruz 47, Clinton 43            Cruz +4
Iowa: Cruz vs. Sanders    Sanders 47, Cruz 42            Sanders +5

Iowa: Rubio vs. Clinton    Rubio 47, Clinton 42            Rubio +5
Iowa: Rubio vs. Sanders    Rubio 44, Sanders 44     Tie

New Hampshire: Trump vs. Clinton    Clinton 45, Trump 44            Clinton +1
New Hampshire: Trump vs. Sanders    Sanders 56, Trump 37    Sanders +19

New Hampshire: Cruz vs. Clinton    Clinton 44, Cruz 48            Cruz +4
New Hampshire: Cruz vs. Sanders    Sanders 55, Cruz 37            Sanders +18

New Hampshire: Rubio vs. Clinton    Rubio 52, Clinton 40            Rubio +12
New Hampshire: Rubio vs. Sanders    Sanders 50, Rubio 41     Sanders +9

The good news out of all that is that Trump looks to be the weakest candidate in the general election, and simultaneously the most likely GOP candidate at this point.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: January 11, 2016, 08:28:31 pm »

Just want to say I'm not keeping track of Carson, and I was posting hearsay of what I heard or thought I heard.

Probably should've added a disclaimer before posting that. :v
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: January 11, 2016, 09:21:07 pm »

General election polls before the Iowa caucus have very little predictive value, if in fact they have any at all.  A lot of factors that push those numbers right now will be a distant memory by November.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: January 11, 2016, 10:12:46 pm »

News on Clinton

Primary source is Fox News, so it may or may not be biased. Fox News' source is supposedly the FBI however.
One intelligence source told Fox News that FBI agents would be “screaming” if a prosecution is not pursued because “many previous public corruption cases have been made and successfully prosecuted with much less evidence than what is emerging in this investigation.”
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: January 11, 2016, 10:44:05 pm »

News on Clinton

Primary source is Fox News, so it may or may not be biased. Fox News' source is supposedly the FBI however.
One intelligence source told Fox News that FBI agents would be “screaming” if a prosecution is not pursued because “many previous public corruption cases have been made and successfully prosecuted with much less evidence than what is emerging in this investigation.”

It's Faux News, of course it's biased.

Going to see if theres any other articles though.

Edit: Also, you are a massive fool for linking breitbart, do we need to explain how bad it is to you? :P

Theres nothing on CNN or Politico anyhow.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 10:48:02 pm by smjjames »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: January 11, 2016, 10:52:53 pm »

So vague about their sources! Maybe it's bullshit, maybe it's not. Who knows?

By contrast, in the Clinton case, the number of classified emails has risen to at least 1,340.

This is unrelated to their claims about corruption, but the emails that were all unclassified when they were sent or received?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: January 11, 2016, 10:55:36 pm »

Edit: Also, you are a massive fool for linking breitbart, do we need to explain how bad it is to you? :P

I'm not familiar with the reputation of various internet news sources. I'm only just now getting into following news stories.

I saw some news articles and wanted to see what the Bay12 election thread thought of it. Maybe I should just lurk the thread instead. At this point I'm starting to think everything ever talked about ever except for hard science is just hearsay.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: January 11, 2016, 11:03:35 pm »

Well, Reuters has it (and that's more reputable than Fox): http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-emails-idUSKCN0UP1XC20160111

also some of this: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/hillary-clinton-emails-lawsuits-dismissed-217581

I'm not familiar with the reputation of various internet news sources. I'm only just now getting into following news stories.

I saw some news articles and wanted to see what the Bay12 election thread thought of it. Maybe I should just lurk the thread instead. At this point I'm starting to think everything ever talked about ever except for hard science is just hearsay.

I guess you're forgiven for grabbing whatever was at the top.

Anyways, If Clinton DOES get sucked into a lengthy trial and forced to abdicate her candidacy throne, will Sanders automatically become the nominee or like what?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: January 11, 2016, 11:36:33 pm »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/rand-paul-campaign-217604 Rand Paul is probably feeling somewhat frustrated by now, heh.
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1342