Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1454093 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9510 on: January 11, 2016, 11:39:52 pm »

NOT HIS FATHER'S SON

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: January 12, 2016, 01:07:04 am »

Edit: Also, you are a massive fool for linking breitbart, do we need to explain how bad it is to you? :P

Theres nothing on CNN or Politico anyhow.

Bit harsh eh? Personally I don't mind reading a dodgy source now & again, especially if it's got an audience that's taking it serious.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: January 12, 2016, 02:12:27 am »

Breitbart is a great online fiction magazine. Up there with Clarkesworld. What's great is that their central theme is stories that look like current events if you're on the far right wing, giving great insights into this type of personality.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: January 12, 2016, 02:50:41 am »

Breitbart is a great online fiction magazine. Up there with Clarkesworld. What's great is that their central theme is stories that look like current events if you're on the far right wing, giving great insights into this type of personality.
Yeah, it's basically the Salon of the right. Then again, it hasn't defended pedophiles and I've found that it's somewhat less likely than Salon to post blatant lies.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:52:53 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: January 12, 2016, 02:59:18 am »

Hey man, it's fair and balanced.  Not their fault if you BENGAZI BENGAZI INVESTIGATION BENGAZI assume they are BENGAZI FBI FBI LIBYA saying something that they are not saying.

One intelligence source told Fox News that FBI agents would be “screaming” if a prosecution is not pursued because “many previous public corruption cases have been made and successfully prosecuted with much less evidence than what is emerging in this investigation.”

Problem being there is this weird quirk in the US criminal justice system.  In order to bring a criminal prosecution against someone, you need to actually accuse them of a crime.

Maybe they can arrest her for 24 hours and see if she confesses to something before they have to cut her loose?  Oh wait... they tried that already.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:06:14 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: January 12, 2016, 03:26:19 am »

Look at that face. That's got to be a confession of guilt right there.

"When I am Overlord, these worthless rats will be run roughshod over."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: January 12, 2016, 04:29:01 am »

Yeah, it's basically the Salon of the right. Then again, it hasn't defended pedophiles and I've found that it's somewhat less likely than Salon to post blatant lies.
Nobody links the Salon here though. And the last time someone brought up the Salon in regards to the pedophilia thing, it was basically a non-issue. Actually, the only time the Salon ever comes up on this forum is to toss that line out there, and have it quickly refuted.

Man, people should link the Salon here so we can chase them away too, because the Breitbart links seem to come in once every couple of weeks.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: January 12, 2016, 05:46:07 am »

Nobody links the Salon here though. And the last time someone brought up the Salon in regards to the pedophilia thing, it was basically a non-issue. Actually, the only time the Salon ever comes up on this forum is to toss that line out there, and have it quickly refuted.

Man, people should link the Salon here so we can chase them away too, because the Breitbart links seem to come in once every couple of weeks.

As long as that far right & far left have an influence in American politics the news sources seem relevant to the topic, at least to me. Hey to me there isn't a single Republican candidate who doesn't seem bug-humping insane, so in a way extreme right wing media gives me more insight into why these candidates exist & why they are taken serious then many more reputable sources.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: January 12, 2016, 07:51:39 am »

As long as that far right & far left have an influence in American politics the news sources seem relevant to the topic, at least to me. Hey to me there isn't a single Republican candidate who doesn't seem bug-humping insane, so in a way extreme right wing media gives me more insight into why these candidates exist & why they are taken serious then many more reputable sources.

Even Bush? Who seems to be the most moderate of the group.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: January 12, 2016, 08:40:42 am »

Clinton has told a heckler that they are "very rude"

She can detect social cues now, people. She's almost fully trained!
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: January 12, 2016, 09:11:49 am »

General election polls before the Iowa caucus have very little predictive value, if in fact they have any at all.  A lot of factors that push those numbers right now will be a distant memory by November.
Should I just copypaste this response to any polls that reflect negatively on Clinton, and save you the time and effort?

Although pretty soon, that won't be a valid response. 20 days.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: January 12, 2016, 09:52:46 am »

Should I just copypaste this response to any polls that reflect negatively on Clinton, and save you the time and effort?

That would save me repeating myself.  Please do.

As long as that far right & far left have an influence in American politics the news sources seem relevant to the topic, at least to me.

The influence of Salon and Fox on American politics is like the influence of Luxembourg and Russia on world affairs.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:54:26 am by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: January 12, 2016, 10:52:48 am »

I think you give Salon too much credit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: January 12, 2016, 11:04:08 am »

To be honest I sometimes forget he's even running.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: January 12, 2016, 11:11:35 am »

We live in strange times indeed.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 1342