Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1466994 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9525 on: January 12, 2016, 11:14:46 am »

Some of us lived through Bush's governor period. He may not be (as) bughumping insane as certain other candidates, but I also don't want to see him within a thousand miles of an administrative position. Any administrative position. And if that happens to consign him to a tiny boat in international waters, well...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: January 12, 2016, 11:39:09 am »

Some of us lived through Bush's governor period. He may not be (as) bughumping insane as certain other candidates, but I also don't want to see him within a thousand miles of an administrative position. Any administrative position. And if that happens to consign him to a tiny boat in international waters, well...

Every boat needs a captain.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: January 12, 2016, 11:40:44 am »

Jeb would be some poor Skipper's Gilligan.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: January 12, 2016, 11:45:44 am »

Gilligan is always within 1000 miles of the skipper to mess his plans up.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: January 12, 2016, 12:00:40 pm »

Even Bush? Who seems to be the most moderate of the group.
We live in strange times indeed.

Where's that dude with the Black Mage avatar? Can we please get a two-man Kasich circlejerk going?

I know, I know, I'm not actually going to vote for him and only sent him cash out of contrarianism, but still...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: January 12, 2016, 12:22:00 pm »

look at dem iowa polls m80s

Does this imply a brokered convention for GOP? What kind of anti-trump cards does the GOPe have up its sleeve? It's often said that the SC primary serves as a "firewall" against undesirable insurgents, but how does that actually work in practice? Ameripol is Cray2, plz halp me understand.

EDIT:
Where's that dude with the Black Mage avatar? Can we please get a two-man Kasich circlejerk going?
Two jerks does not a circlejerk make. :P
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:23:58 pm by SirQuiamus »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: January 12, 2016, 12:23:45 pm »

Does this imply a brokered convention for GOP? What kind of anti-trump cards does the GOPe have up its sleeve? It's often said that the SC primary serves as a "firewall" against undesirable insurgents, but how does that actually work in practice? Ameripol is Cray2, plz halp me understand.

this would all have been avoided if we'd nominated Rockefeller in '64 imo

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: January 12, 2016, 12:38:33 pm »

I would think New Hampshire would make a better firewall against insurgents. South Carolina would vote for a guy who wanted to reinstitute slavery and secede from the Union.

Or maybe Florida, given that you have to court a variety of demographics there, from Panhandle rednecks to Miami Cubans to geriatric snowbirds (most of whom are inclined to vote Democrat to begin with, but if you play up the Israel man-love hard enough you might snag some of the Jewish votes).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: January 12, 2016, 01:36:17 pm »

NH seems to be absolute trump territory, though, so the establishment darlings aren't likely to get a leg up from there.

I'm pretty clueless about this stuff, but it does seem somewhat possible that the GOP will have to make do without a Champion until Cleveland – and that'll mean lots of Fun for them, and lots of entertainment for everyone else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: January 12, 2016, 02:14:50 pm »

It's still early and the polls aren't neccesarily predictive. True, there is the possibility of a brokered convention, but it's a long way until Cleveland.

We probably won't get a clear picture until Super Tuesday, or maybe even until the end of March. Not sure how many during the 'March Madness' period are winner take all or poportional.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9535 on: January 12, 2016, 04:09:06 pm »

Breitbart is a great online fiction magazine. Up there with Clarkesworld. What's great is that their central theme is stories that look like current events if you're on the far right wing, giving great insights into this type of personality.
Pft, it gives you insight to the evangelical zionist mindset, not the far right
Though yesterday's moderate is tomorrow's extremist and today's extremist tomorrow's moderate and so on

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: January 12, 2016, 06:23:11 pm »

Clinton has told a heckler that they are "very rude"

She can detect social cues now, people. She's almost fully trained!

Nah, those hecklers are plants and Hillary had a note card with the proper response. Democratic manipulation runs deep.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: January 12, 2016, 06:28:34 pm »

Suddenly, Iran: http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/12/politics/10-u-s-sailors-in-iranian-custody/index.html

Gotta wonder on the whole timing, if coincidential. Sounds like they accidentially crossed into Iranian waters or something though.

Edit: lolwhat this: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/donald-trump-fairfax-school-closing-217655

I seriously doubt that the polling places will be any more chaotic than they have been for the last, I dunno, 30 years?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:36:45 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9538 on: January 12, 2016, 06:42:24 pm »

And the GOP candidates are leaping on that like jackals on a freshly-killed rabbit. Santorum is stopping just short of demanding we bomb Tehran to get these people back. Despite the fact that it's been like...y'know, less than 24 hours.  ::)

EDIT: Also, it's somehow Obama's fault. I guess he disabled their engines or fucked up their GPS or something. Y'know, typical Obama stuff.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: January 12, 2016, 06:44:28 pm »

Thanks, Obama!
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1342