Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1453946 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Election Megathread- 2016 Edition
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 11:25:42 pm »

I've never heard of Schweitzer before, but it looks like, unless he's a closet racist he's everything I always wanted in a candidate.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 11:46:06 pm »

* Descan stares down at the American plebs from his Ice Throne atop the Canadian Tower of Law.

* Descan gently vibrates.
Ahh, Descan on his throne, one bony hand clutching his terrible rod. Here's the reference if you didn't get it. Incidentally I only just figured out I could make links invisible. Far out man, far out.
Based on exceedingly brief research I will reserve my judgement on Schweitzer until I see how he evolves during a campaign, but in addition to his positives I have my reservations. He doesn't seem like he wants to try a suicide run against Hillary Clinton, so if she runs he won't. Of course if she runs (and it is widely considered absolutely inevitable by pundits and analysts of all stripes), it'll take some deeply impressive campaigning skills to run competitively against her in the primary.

As for the Republicans, anyone making predictions at this point who turns out to be right will have done so on the basis on pure coincidence. I think Jeb seems in it, so I if I was forced to make a prediction or be killed by some sort of evil polling agency, I'd bet on him winning.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 11:51:25 pm »

Meh, I remember pundits claiming Hillary was a lock for the nomination in 2008 as well. We all saw how that turned out.

She's got too much baggage and too many people who have a downright visceral dislike of her. And some of those are in the Democratic Party.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 12:14:54 am »

Posting to eventually welcome our moon-lordess into power.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2015, 12:18:25 am »

I'm just going to say I'm waiting for the year that one of the lesser parties wins
I think of be a bit fun to have a non democrat or Republican Party in power even if it's just once in my lifetime
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2015, 12:24:09 am »

* Descan stares down at the American plebs from his Ice Throne atop the Canadian Tower of Law.

* Descan gently vibrates.
Ahh, Descan on his throne, one bony hand clutching his terrible rod.

That... sounds like a euphemism for something.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 12:27:29 am »

Sorry arc. Rod-stroking bone-hand is pretty straightforward. There's no euphemism going on there. Is straight up blatant.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2015, 01:00:13 am »

PTW
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2015, 01:36:02 am »

... someone remind me: Is it possible that everything flips? Republican president, democrat house and senate majorities?

In theory, sure. Democrats may even good odds taking the Senate back, seeing as the Senators up for reelection in 2016 last won in 2010. However, despite the fact that the entire House of Representatives is up for reelection, the districts are probably too gerrymandered for much difference to be made.

I suppose I'll finally have to register Democrat so I can vote in the Presidential primary. Ugh.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2015, 02:42:23 am »

So, FJ have your replaced Aqizzar?

Nobody can ever replace Aqizzar.

[/me=scriver]dreams of the good old days[/me]

Based on exceedingly brief research I will reserve my judgement on Schweitzer until I see how he evolves during a campaign, but in addition to his positives I have my reservations. He doesn't seem like he wants to try a suicide run against Hillary Clinton, so if she runs he won't. Of course if she runs (and it is widely considered absolutely inevitable by pundits and analysts of all stripes), it'll take some deeply impressive campaigning skills to run competitively against her in the primary.

Furthermore, and most importantly, can you ever really trust the Swiss?
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2015, 03:15:17 am »

You can trust them with your money, and that's more than I can say for any American.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2015, 03:17:38 am »

I wouldn't say you could trust them with your money. You can trust the Swiss with your money as long as they don't have reason to believe they'll get away with taking it for themselves.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 03:35:15 am »

That's the very most I could ever expect out of anyone, really. Numerous American banks will steal it in broad daylight and then cry foul when you don't give them more.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 04:14:26 am »

Isn't Mitt Romney another potential GOP candidate?

Anyway, Redking, can you elaborate on why having Volga German heritage is a plus for Schweizer?  It seems about as relevant as his favorite color.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 04:56:59 am »

Comrade Romney is no longer a....consideration of the Grand Old Party.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1342