Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1470006 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 2016 Election Megathread- It Is Terrifying
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2015, 10:40:58 am »

As much as I dislike her, I have to admit that Clinton's strategy of not committing is effective so far. If she did commit, and then started making gaffes or getting lackluster fundraising, it makes her a target and emboldens other potential candidates. By staying on the fence, she's keeping others out of the race because most aren't going to want to burn their powder if there's almost no hope of winning (other than guys like Bernie Sanders, who aren't in it to win it, they're in it to try and drag the Democratic Party internal debate back to the left at least a smidge).

Y'know....this could be the most elaborate troll ever. Maybe she'll stay on the fence up until the day before the filing deadline and then "lolnope, not running. Have fun, bitches!" as she tears off her mask to reveal the Republibot 2000 underneath.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2015, 10:51:06 am »

Or no, she tears off the mask and then switches parties and submits as a republican candidate.

That would be kinda' amazing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2015, 10:58:52 am »

Now it's official, Romney is definetly NOT running.

Doesn't rule out him ending up as someones VP pick, though he very well could turn that offer down too.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:06:32 am by smjjames »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2015, 11:32:43 am »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:12:37 am by penguinofhonor »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2015, 12:32:45 pm »

Disappointing, Republicans need another long drawn out knife fight.  Maybe someone else will be able to pick up that torch...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 30, 2015, 01:10:04 pm »

I very much expect a knife fight will happen regardless.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 01, 2015, 07:32:43 pm »

I like how Warren is listed even though definitely not running.
Because damn it I like her more than Hillarybot.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2015, 09:46:19 pm »

I would vote Warren.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 01, 2015, 09:50:46 pm »

Since Warren isn't running, I'm essentially endorsing Biden at this point. He's left of Hilary, at least.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2015, 04:58:22 am »

Biden for president! I've been saying it for ages.
We should start a petition to get Immaterial to chage his avatar back.
E: That reminds me - in 2013, we had Steinbrück - basically the German version of Biden when it comes to upfrontness - run for chancellor. He didn't stand a chance against Merkel, mostly because the media hated his guts...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 02, 2015, 09:05:15 am »

I though he didn't stand a chance against Merkel because he was running against Merkel?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2015, 09:25:10 am »

Biden/Steinbrück 2016 -- "Putting the LESSER in 'lesser of two evils'"

So, since all conventional wisdom near and far has already anointed her royal highness as the Democratic candidate, what about VP choices? I have to admit, a Clinton/Warren ticket would be fascinating. Risky as hell, but probably immensely gratifying to the Democratic base. Don't think its has a snowball's chance in hell of happening, but it would be interesting. More likely to see a Clinton/Webb or Clinton/Warner ticket.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 02, 2015, 09:26:41 am »

Biden/Steinbrück 2016 -- "Putting the LESSER in 'lesser of two evils'"

Sigged.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 02, 2015, 09:49:58 am »

I though he didn't stand a chance against Merkel because he was running against Merkel?
Well, that too, but if our national media hadn't banded together against him in a manner usually only displayed by Mr. Burns's hounds, it might at least have been an interesting/close race. He's from the right wing of the SPD, he has sufficiently centrist positions - basically he's the SPD version of Merkel: He just voices his opinions more loudly and (presumably) has a working pair of testicles.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 02, 2015, 10:27:04 am »

I will say, Clinton/Warren is just about what it would take to entice me away from the Supreme/Hussie ticket.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 1342