Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1453690 times)

DemonOfWrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9225 on: January 05, 2016, 02:43:13 am »

???
That's what I mean, wait/starve them out instead of potentially provoking a shootout needlessly. Nowhere do I mean have nobody there (by no attention I'd mean no media attention if that's causing confusion).

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: January 05, 2016, 05:10:13 am »

I'm reminded of a story I'm readig now: The Oath Keeper Who Wants to Arm Black Lives Matter, about a militia guy who want sot organize a 2nd amendment rally in Ferguson.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: January 05, 2016, 06:33:28 am »

God damn but people can be insane sometimes.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: January 05, 2016, 06:46:58 am »

Law enforcement should do the same thing the U.S. did to get Noriega to surrender. Close the place and play very loud music.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: January 05, 2016, 04:02:30 pm »

So what did we learn?

If you got lots of guns and are white, the gov't won't run roughshod over you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: January 05, 2016, 04:16:13 pm »

So what did we learn?

Not a terrible thing to take from it, really.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:02 pm »

The feds did get burned badly by the whole Waco thing which was over 20 years ago, so, that might be part of it.

Also, if you saw this in the campaigns, you think Obama was running for a third term (yes, I know the republicans are treating Hillarys run as a second Obama term):
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/05/politics/ted-cruz-obama-wants-your-guns/index.html

Rofl on the image there though. IMO, he could have gone classic and photoshopped Obama onto that well known political cartoon depicting Andrew Jackson as being like a king. They'd probably have to alter some details of that though to make it more relevant.

There was some Bush bashing in 2008 (mainly on the economy and Iraq War), I don't remember how much bashing the republicans running in 2000 did against Clinton, but I haven't seen it to that level
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:27:19 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: January 05, 2016, 05:33:06 pm »

The feds did get burned badly by the whole Waco thing which was over 20 years ago, so, that might be part of it.
Not as bad as Koresh did  :P

There was some Bush bashing in 2008 (mainly on the economy and Iraq War), I don't remember how much bashing the republicans running in 2000 did against Clinton, but I haven't seen it to that level
There was a lot. Mostly focusing on Bill's shenanigans and somehow trying to tar Gore with it, which forced Gore to try and awkwardly distance himself from Clinton, which wasn't a winning strategy because Clinton was way more popular than Gore ever was.

Bush ran as a new kind of President, one that would make us forget about the scandal-ridden 90's. And boy howdy, mission accomplished. Whitewater and Lewinsky seem almost quaint compared to Abu Ghraib and Blackwater.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: January 05, 2016, 05:34:56 pm »

I dont feel the "almost" qualifier is necessary in that sentence.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: January 05, 2016, 05:35:37 pm »

So what did we learn?

Not a terrible thing to take from it, really.
I agree, it has its pros and cons mixed in there.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: January 05, 2016, 05:41:37 pm »

So, who do you think hillary will use as he vice?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: January 05, 2016, 05:47:20 pm »

Depends on what demographic she needs to shore up most. Maybe a Hispanic like Villaraigosa? Or a southern centrist Dem from a battleground state like Jim Webb or Tim Kaine or Mark Warner.
Virginia and Florida are probably the only real southern swing states this time around. North Carolina has swung too far back to red to really be in play. I can always hope that a blue tide washes away our state legislators though.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: January 05, 2016, 05:58:30 pm »

If it was the demographic she needed to shore up the most it would be a cuban or a white midwesterner.  The hispanic vote is in states of marginal electoral importance.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-swing-the-election/

Winning cuban votes florida would be big and anything that broadly helps in the midwest would be huge.  That's where almost all the swing votes are.  So Sherrod Brown would be a sure thing if it came down to that.  I haven't heard him or any other mid-westerners mentioned though.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: January 05, 2016, 06:11:04 pm »

There is a non-zero possibility she might decide to reach across the aisle and choose some republican to try and make the ticket more palatable to republicans.

You can't really predict who they'll pick as VP, I mean, did anybody really predict McCain choosing Palin or Obama choosing Biden?

One thing that is pretty likely though is that she might pick someone about 15-20 years younger to try and balance the age and all that.

Oh yeah, while looking around, I saw a few things about Julian Castro being on the shortlist, so, theres that.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:14:12 pm by smjjames »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: January 05, 2016, 06:13:15 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 1342