Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1453658 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9540 on: January 12, 2016, 06:55:40 pm »

Just so happens to coincide with Obama purging an Admiral

Coincidence? Wake up sheeple, the doritoes do stack like the illumanti of our minds

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: January 12, 2016, 08:01:38 pm »

And the GOP candidates are leaping on that like jackals on a freshly-killed rabbit. Santorum is stopping just short of demanding we bomb Tehran to get these people back. Despite the fact that it's been like...y'know, less than 24 hours.  ::)

EDIT: Also, it's somehow Obama's fault. I guess he disabled their engines or fucked up their GPS or something. Y'know, typical Obama stuff.

What? This is barely even a news story. "TODAY at ten, some American sailors got close to an Iranian military base, possibly because of mechanical issues or low fuel, and were detained by their Coast Guard. The Iranians have said they will be promptly released, having found nothing amiss."

I don't really see what there is to get worked up about.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: January 12, 2016, 08:10:23 pm »

You're reading the whole news story and thinking, though. That may be a bit much to expect from most of the GOP candidates...

... also, didn't that happen a few months ago, too? Or... '14. Something like that. Could have sworn some US folk got detained due to water related shenanigans a bit back, and my memory's telling me it was similar enough I had to double check the date on this latest one to make sure it was actually recent.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: January 12, 2016, 08:14:14 pm »

>implying most countries would dare to even touch the great AMERICAN sailors. AMERICA.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9544 on: January 12, 2016, 08:22:55 pm »

What? This is barely even a news story. "TODAY at ten, some American sailors got close to an Iranian military base, possibly because of mechanical issues or low fuel, and were detained by their Coast Guard. The Iranians have said they will be promptly released, having found nothing amiss."

Other countries taking your dudes is a big deal m9

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: January 12, 2016, 08:24:33 pm »

You're reading the whole news story and thinking, though. That may be a bit much to expect from most of the GOP candidates...

... also, didn't that happen a few months ago, too? Or... '14. Something like that. Could have sworn some US folk got detained due to water related shenanigans a bit back, and my memory's telling me it was similar enough I had to double check the date on this latest one to make sure it was actually recent.

You might be thinking of British people who got detained in 2013? The article mentions that one. Nvm, that one was in 2007.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:27:15 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: January 12, 2016, 09:06:23 pm »

Other countries taking your dudes is a big deal m9
Oi u touching our boys? we'll fukkin rek u m8

Yeah, American demands of extraterritoriality (even from countries we're friendly with) are pretty much on par with European powers in the 1800s.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: January 12, 2016, 09:12:47 pm »

You might be thinking of British people who got detained in 2013? The article mentions that one. Nvm, that one was in 2007.
In 2004, 2007 and 2009, British navy ships, a racing boat, and their crews were detained by Iran. In each of those cases both the crew and the ships were released pretty quickly and allowed to resume their journey.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:47:15 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9548 on: January 12, 2016, 09:13:48 pm »

I like the one where the Swiss accidentally invaded Liechtenstein

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: January 12, 2016, 09:18:48 pm »

Who defines equal work?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: January 12, 2016, 09:29:24 pm »

State of the Union address streaming on C-Span right now
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: January 12, 2016, 09:51:43 pm »

He mentioned parts of central america potentially becoming a safe haven for terrorists or something, what even is he talking about there?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: January 12, 2016, 09:56:23 pm »

He mentioned parts of central america potentially becoming a safe haven for terrorists or something, what even is he talking about there?

Obviously a lead in to building a wall between the US and Central America... and make El Chapo pay for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: January 12, 2016, 09:58:55 pm »

Islamexicans are the greatest threat to America, even more than sharknadoes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: January 12, 2016, 10:02:27 pm »

I imagine ISIS and its like would get gutted in Central America by cartels.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1342