Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1453936 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Netflix and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #9600 on: January 14, 2016, 06:42:35 pm »

Is the undercard debate even relevant anymore?
It's as relevant as it's always been.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: January 14, 2016, 06:46:51 pm »

This debate is meh, they're completely ignoring each other (so far) and the moderators don't know how to moderate properly or get the candidates to bounce off of each other. I think they're actually trying their best to avoid each other.

Actually, I wouldn't really call it so much a debate than a Q&A session :P

As someone on twitter said: "There's been virtually zero follow-up or questioning on anything any of the candidates have said"

These two moderators don't even know how to do a debate :P
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:56:24 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: January 14, 2016, 06:47:20 pm »

Moderator: "the MidEast is on the brink of chaos'

Um, it seems pretty chaotic already.....
An older chaos
I can't even describe the mix of emotions I'd feel if we all woke up one day to find ISIS has suddenly stopped the Islamic talk and are carving the Mark on everything.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: January 14, 2016, 07:06:20 pm »

There's a debate tonight? Man, after the Powerball jackpot went away, I stopped noticing anything.

Guess I'll try to stream it in the background while I do work.

EDIT: Wait, they're already done with the undercard? What, did they each just get up and go "PLEASEpleasepleaseplease notice me!!!"?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:09:17 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: January 14, 2016, 07:10:05 pm »

Wierd, it's over now, but for some reason, the cable schedule shows the debate being scheduled for another hour, but it's over now.

Also, the whole bit about yadda yaddaing about clinton was apparently their last question and I didn't realize it was. That's how inattentive I was.

The main one will be a proper debate at least, I hope that this was the last undercard because it seemed utterly pointless.

There's a debate tonight? Man, after the Powerball jackpot went away, I stopped noticing anything.

Guess I'll try to stream it in the background while I do work.

Lol.

The undercard (or should I say, nocard) debate Q&A session is over now anyway, the main one will be in a little under two hours.

You didn't miss anything with the undercard debate.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:14:32 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: January 14, 2016, 07:11:51 pm »

I heard Santorum suggested people Google him. That's...not a good idea.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: January 14, 2016, 07:16:08 pm »

EDIT: Wait, they're already done with the undercard? What, did they each just get up and go "PLEASEpleasepleaseplease notice me!!!"?

I wouldn't even have called it a debate, it seemed more like a town hall or Q&A session than a debate, those two moderators don't even know how to moderate a debate. The only interaction between candidates was a bit between Huckabee and Santorum at the end.

low quality moderators for low polling candidates I guess.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: January 14, 2016, 07:20:48 pm »

Well, that and it's FOX Business hosting. The toughest question they're liable to get is "Obama: Terrible President, or the WORST President?"

EDIT: I now have Lou Dobbs on in the background, and I can feel my IQ dropping by the second.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:22:55 pm by RedKing »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: January 14, 2016, 07:24:36 pm »

Well, that and it's FOX Business hosting. The toughest question they're liable to get is "Obama: Terrible President, or the WORST President?"

EDIT: I now have Lou Dobbs on in the background, and I can feel my IQ dropping by the second.

Switch to CNN for the awesomeness of Erin Burnett! lol

Yeah, I switched back over to CNN because I don't care for Fox or want to watch that,

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: January 14, 2016, 07:29:21 pm »

Meh, I don't have cable so CNN won't let me watch. Maybe if they stream it later.

EDIT: Oh god, Carly Fiorina is talking to Lou now. I'm pausing the feed so I don't break my laptop.

EDIT#2: So...Santorum basically said Iran wants to use their nuke program to EMP the US, which will somehow bring about the Mahdi and let them control the world.

I'm pretty sure that's not how the Mahdi works, either in terms of an EMP being involved, or in ruling the world (any more than the Second Coming of Christ would lead to Christians "ruling the world"). It's like he's been watching religion-infused James Bond movies.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:34:20 pm by RedKing »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: January 14, 2016, 08:36:58 pm »

Yeah, when he was talking about using an EMP, I thought to myself, why go through the trouble of smuggling a nuke into the US and instead, just hack into the systems and screw with it.

Also, the dang moderators didn't even field that question to the other two, just shows how poor they are at their jobs.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:41:34 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: January 14, 2016, 08:43:42 pm »

Is Mahdi where you use a nuke to take down the shield generator so the Fremen can attack the Saardakur?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: January 14, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »

What even is this "Undercard debate"?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: January 14, 2016, 08:53:30 pm »

I thought it was spelled Saarduakar? or maybe just Sarduakar.

Anyways, we all know that the only thing that comes out of Santorum's mouth is, well, santorum, lol......

What even is this "Undercard debate"?

It's the Losers debate.

It started out as an attempt to manage a huge field, now, it seems to have little to no purpose, especially after it turned into a Q&A session with this one.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1342