Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1470404 times)

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13275 on: March 02, 2016, 07:29:55 pm »

Don't think of them as a referee then, but a reference. Be skeptical, double-check against other sites like factcheck.org or snopes, etc. Trusting just one fact-checking site unequivocally is a bit like doing all yer research on Wikipedia.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13276 on: March 02, 2016, 07:31:54 pm »

I had to look at this real closely to tell there was actually a difference.

The thing is that politicians specialize in saying things that fall between "true" and "false".
And also that there usually isn't a hard line between the two. "All oranges are fruit" sounds objectively true, but then some jackass stuffs meat into one's peel and now you've got a possible exception based on the exact definitions of everything. "My opponent is much like Hitler" is objectively true or false depending on the exact scale and definitions of everything. "My opponent has been shown to lie before. My opponent claims he has never had sex with a pig" is objectively true but has false-like implications, and so on.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13277 on: March 02, 2016, 07:47:11 pm »

I think Trump/Christie would produce one of those administrations that seems good on paper but is riven internally by strife. Those two have giant egos, are "big tough talkin' guis" and I imagine Christie would not deal with playing second fiddle to Trump very well.

I have riven no administrations to the best of my memory, which is not expected to change before the end of the statute of limitations and the beginning of a lucrative book tour.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13278 on: March 02, 2016, 07:56:06 pm »

I have riven no administrations to the best of my memory
Hint: This is why they kept telling you to stay away from the moonshine.

I mean, you don't remember that either, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13279 on: March 02, 2016, 08:34:35 pm »

Don't think of them as a referee then, but a reference. Be skeptical, double-check against other sites like factcheck.org or snopes, etc. Trusting just one fact-checking site unequivocally is a bit like doing all yer research on Wikipedia.

Sure, they just happen to be a reference with a pretty blatant bias towards portraying the left as worse then it is.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13280 on: March 02, 2016, 08:36:15 pm »

I have riven no administrations to the best of my memory, which is not expected to change before the end of the statute of limitations and the beginning of a lucrative book tour.
Sig'd.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13281 on: March 02, 2016, 08:48:30 pm »

So how's the Republican Hunger Games looking? Bet you chumps are wishing you hadn't bet against the K-Dogg.

*looks at his own list*

Umm, Governor Kasich, you are now free to drop out of the race. Thank you for your service.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13282 on: March 02, 2016, 08:57:02 pm »

It seems like he really needs to drop out so that Rubio and Cruz can tag team Trump more easily. Carsons drop out will help a bit, but still.

He's also doing really poorly in the latest Michigan poll, and there needs to be a new Ohio poll. With Carson's drop out, that might edge him enough to win Ohio, but still.....

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13283 on: March 02, 2016, 09:09:28 pm »

So how's the Republican Hunger Games looking?

Oh man, that stupid Santorum.  If he hadn't dropped out like a pussy he could have the GOP rallying around him right now (and making me win...)
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13284 on: March 02, 2016, 09:17:05 pm »

Mine's all fucked to hell, but with Trump, Cruz, and Rubio all standing tall I think I've got some safety net. Thank god Carson has been so stubborn about admitting defeat.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13285 on: March 02, 2016, 09:23:20 pm »

Mine's all fucked to hell, but with Trump, Cruz, and Rubio all standing tall I think I've got some safety net. Thank god Carson has been so stubborn about admitting defeat.

Yours? Pfft, mines more fucked up than everybody elses combined, in the current state of the data, which needs to be updated.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13286 on: March 02, 2016, 09:42:39 pm »

Yeesh, if it comes down to Clinton vs Trump (which is looking like the case), I think I might vote for Trump..... hesitatingly....

I believe my vote is now solidly behind Sanders.
This is pretty much my same mindset. Too bad yesterday made a Sanders victory look pretty unlikely. Might be time to vote for Trump then get out and watch the fireworks from a safe distance.

Of course, it probably won't be that bad. Trump, at least, probably won't do anything much worse than that Japanese internment thing, right?

Here, I just checked politifact.
Trump may spout bullshit when he's up there blustering, but his actual policy is not generally as obfuscated. Despite being a notorious prevaricator, he still manages to be the evil that we know, next to Hillary.

You know what I think the crashing VP revelation is going to be? Marco Rubio.

Think about it:

-Is a political insider, like Trump said.
-Preexisting bromance during debate season.
-Covers several demographics Trump has low-access to, most notably hispanics.
-Generally at least one member of a ticket is hot, Trump definitely doesn't have it anymore but nobody can deny Rubio's tight hot vaguely-brown ass.
-Still out of left field enough to be a Trumpism.
They've been insulting each other an awful lot lately.

If we're talking out of left field... How about a Donald Trump / Elizabeth Warren ticket? Maybe too out there, but I'm reasonably certain he's going to court a democrat.

P.S. Rubio is not particularly hot by Cuban standards.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13287 on: March 02, 2016, 09:53:26 pm »

Maybe Kasich is staying in to help Trump on purpose cause he wants to be vice.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13288 on: March 02, 2016, 09:56:02 pm »

John Oliver may have summed up my feelings on Trump thusly: "There's a part of my that likes the guy. It's a part of me that I hate, but it is a part of me."

If Trump picked a Democrat VP....I don't even know. Would they accept? Would Republicans vote for such a ticket? Would Democrats? Would cats and dogs start living together? Would Trump Trump the Trump Make Trump Trump Again?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13289 on: March 02, 2016, 09:56:41 pm »

You know what I think the crashing VP revelation is going to be? Marco Rubio.

Think about it:

-Is a political insider, like Trump said.
-Preexisting bromance during debate season.
-Covers several demographics Trump has low-access to, most notably hispanics.
-Generally at least one member of a ticket is hot, Trump definitely doesn't have it anymore but nobody can deny Rubio's tight hot vaguely-brown ass.
-Still out of left field enough to be a Trumpism.
They've been insulting each other an awful lot lately.

If we're talking out of left field... How about a Donald Trump / Elizabeth Warren ticket? Maybe too out there, but I'm reasonably certain he's going to court a democrat.

P.S. Rubio is not particularly hot by Cuban standards.

I think MSH's point is that Trump would benefit from a younger running mate. Also, 'generally one member of a ticket is hot'? Uh, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney..... Neither of those two guys could be considered 'hot' by any standards, Bush is about average and Cheney has been compared to Palpatine.

Also, it was Cruz and Trump that had the bromance, Rubio just stayed on his good side.

Rubio would make a better VP than Cruz anyway because being at least liked is helpful when working with Congress.

Maybe Kasich is staying in to help Trump on purpose cause he wants to be vice.

He's said multiple times that he won't play second fiddle, to use a metaphor.

If Trump picked a Democrat VP....I don't even know. Would they accept? Would Republicans vote for such a ticket? Would Democrats? Would cats and dogs start living together? Would Trump Trump the Trump Make Trump Trump Again?

It's been done before, Lincolin for example I believe, but it's certainly not a common thing to do. He'd be hard pressed to find a democrat willing to be his VP, especially in this deeply divided partisan environment.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:59:30 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 884 885 [886] 887 888 ... 1342