Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1466865 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #17745 on: May 11, 2016, 09:42:10 am »

Honey, we're not even close to going full political philosophy.

... though yeah, I can only guess the news will be fairly slow until sanders loses the nomination, heh. Save for the beginning of the ramp up of shitslinging between trump and clinton, anyway. Have to admit, I'm almost curious as to how that's going to turn out. Both get a lot of press and a lot of negative press, and the likelihood of the latter jacking up even higher is... large. By the time november rolls around the major media organizations may just be reporting of the contest between Ba'al and Mephistopheles, having forgotten the actual names of the candidates months earlier.

E: Which would make walking by TVs for the next handful of months a lot more interesting, honestly. Now I'm actually hoping things go that route, even if I know it's the proverbial first step.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:47:39 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17746 on: May 11, 2016, 10:12:09 am »

Yeah, May is pretty drawn out and the summer will be about warming up (pun intended) to the general.

Trump isn't going to release tax returns until November. Whether that is during the week before the election or right after is unknown. Uh-huh, right.... Are you SUUUUUURRRREEE you aren't trying to hide something Mr. Trump? Hmmm?

Really though, it's just going to make people more curious about it and now the two candidates have something that they aren't releasing that they can bash each other about, Trumps tax returns and Clintons speech transcripts. I suppose it would be easier for the democrat oppo research to get ahold of Trumps tax returns, but whether it would be done legally is another matter entirely.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17747 on: May 11, 2016, 10:15:07 am »

By the time november rolls around the major media organizations may just be reporting of the contest between Ba'al and Mephistopheles, having forgotten the actual names of the candidates months earlier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #17748 on: May 11, 2016, 10:37:58 am »

Nyarlathotep 2016
No more years!
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17749 on: May 11, 2016, 10:55:35 am »

Nyarlathotep 2016
No more years!
Sig'd.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17750 on: May 11, 2016, 11:25:42 am »

Nyarlathotep 2016
No more years!
Sig'd.

That really doesn't have the impact that it would if you had, you know, put it in your actual sig - the one that shows up when people read your posts, rather than the one that nobody* is going to click and read through.

Of course, it's fucking massive, so it's probably a good thing that you didn't. :P

* Wait, what am I saying? I'm sure there are some coffee-and-sigs addicts here somewhere.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #17751 on: May 11, 2016, 12:05:08 pm »

Well put.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17752 on: May 11, 2016, 12:28:10 pm »

Sadly, size tag not allowed in sig.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17753 on: May 11, 2016, 03:33:44 pm »

Oh my God, guys! Humans are social animals who form organizations to accomplish goals, occasionally even differing goals amongst individuals and subgroups!

This is truly revolutionary!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17754 on: May 11, 2016, 07:31:24 pm »

Hrm, http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/sanders-backers-plot-post-primary-war-on-trump-223100 , this sounds a LOT like splitting off the Sanders voters into a third party..... It's probably going to be a Super PAC kind of thing, but from the way it's written, could the democrats be facing their own threat in a pseudo-third party kind of way like the republicans might potentially face?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17755 on: May 11, 2016, 07:37:48 pm »

Considering that the organization described would be formed for the explicit purpose of helping Hillary defeat Trump by eroding the populist image that might drive Sanders supporters to the Trump camp, I doubt it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17756 on: May 11, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »

Yeah, I don't see how you get "Sanders third party run" from that... sounds like sanders camp people are pushing him to back Hillary hard after the convention, going as far as raising funds and paying for ads for her out of his campaign... which... honestly sounds a little skeezy. But it's probably legal either way...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17757 on: May 11, 2016, 09:40:18 pm »

Sanders backing Hillary? That makes about as much sense as Sanders backing Trump.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17758 on: May 11, 2016, 09:57:38 pm »

Not... really? They have pretty similar voting records and whatnot, and do (seem to, in any case) agree on a lot of subjects, even if the desired implementations differs.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17759 on: May 11, 2016, 10:01:10 pm »

Hasn't sanders himself even said that he would want his supporters to vote democrat in the general, even if it's not for him?
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 1342