Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1454083 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée
« Reply #19695 on: June 15, 2016, 07:17:05 pm »

Nonono, I mean the killing the best ones specifically--sport hunters usually go after the bucks with the most magnificent, er, antlers? Horns? Which generally signify the deer's overall physical capabilities. If a disease starts taking out the deer, then leaving only females and the weakest of the males could lead to a localized extinction.
... thing is, we could honestly kinda' do with a fair number of localized extinctions right now, so far as I'm aware. It could improve things for a fair chunk of the country vis a vis deer population. Others migrate in once the local population is dead, usually, which thins out saturation and whatnot, and the deer population density is a pretty significant ecological problem in some areas. And for some idea of the scope of things, we have more deer than we have asians in this country. More deer than every non white, black or latino demographic combined. Nearly as many as we have black folks. We have a lot of deer, and best conditions can see the local population double in two years.

That said, it does seem like we're starting to come down a bit, which I actually wasn't aware of, heh. There's still more than enough room for some pretty massive die back, though.

... though beyond all that, the largest point bucks are usually relatively old. Not always, but it's pretty likely. They tend to spread the genes around just fine before sport hunters start going after them. Antler size also isn't really the best indication of health, particularly genetics wise. S'mostly just indicative of available diet, s'far as I'm aware.

And yes, folks, when the estimated carrying capacity (i.e. the number that can inhabit an area before it starts becoming more likely to cause damage) for deer is around eight per kilometer and there's regions in the US where the actual density approaches a hundred per km, it is, in fact, something of a stateside political issue. Far from the largest, but it's definitely there.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19696 on: June 15, 2016, 07:28:20 pm »

But I keep hearing over and over about how Hillary is somehow MUCH worse, somehow... Does anyone have a resource that tells me how she could possibly be any worse?

Well, whatever that resource is depends on your political persuasion. Hillary has been in the public eye for a long time, and has been attracting criticism, both rational and irrational, from all sides of the political spectrum, for just as long.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: June 15, 2016, 07:42:36 pm »

But I keep hearing over and over about how Hillary is somehow MUCH worse, somehow... Does anyone have a resource that tells me how she could possibly be any worse?
Hillary has enough skeletons in her closet to make Mannfred von Carrstein jealous.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19698 on: June 15, 2016, 07:53:51 pm »

Hillary has enough skeletons in her closet to make Mannfred von Carrstein jealous.

#1... which is... that her husband cheated on her...

And several which are her husband's stuff... Or are things that are just "Well she was doing stuff at the time"

Can I get a better site?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19699 on: June 15, 2016, 07:54:37 pm »

Can I get a better site?

The website isn't the thing that you are having an issue with.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19700 on: June 15, 2016, 07:56:59 pm »

Can I get a better site?

The website isn't the thing that you are having an issue with.

No... really... Can I have a better site that deals with stuff she was actually involved in.

Unless you mean that this really are the "skeletons" people are holding against her... Which I guess is fair.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19701 on: June 15, 2016, 08:03:58 pm »

It is, in fact, the entirety of it. The fact that they're all manufactured scandals is something most anti-Hillary people are too stubborn to accept.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19702 on: June 15, 2016, 08:56:22 pm »

Take just one for example:

Quote from: washington times
19. Larry Lawrence: How did a fat cat donor get buried in Arlington National Cemetery without war experience?

What actually happened: Dude claimed to have served in the merchant marine in WWII, to have been on a specific ship, and to have been injured in an attack which happened to that ship; folks believed him. He was buried in Arlington, but a later investigation discovered that he was actually attending college at the time of the attack.

Source:
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/12/12/us/body-and-tombstone-of-lies-are-removed.html?pagewanted=1

Edit: Reason not to vote for Trump #273987937984798:

https://twitter.com/corbinreiff/status/743074366838210561
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:12:06 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19703 on: June 15, 2016, 09:38:59 pm »

To be fair, the constitution specifically says it's the duty of the first lady to personally investigate the service record or dead americans.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: June 15, 2016, 09:40:44 pm »

To be fair, the constitution specifically says it's the duty of the first lady to personally investigate the service record or dead americans.

How... oddly specific, outdated, and sexist.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:44:02 pm by Neonivek »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: June 15, 2016, 09:41:49 pm »

He's pulling your leg.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: June 15, 2016, 09:44:30 pm »

He's pulling your leg.

Ohhh xD

Sorry, nothing seems impossible anymore.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: June 15, 2016, 09:45:05 pm »

Yeah, the First Lady's actual job is to bear the sacred successor of the standing president and continue on their long-standing lineage.

What was that whole thing called, again?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: June 15, 2016, 09:45:42 pm »

That list is pretty terrible, but must be taken as what it is. A clickbait opinion/commentary piece created by a known right leaning rag that targets the Clinton Family. Not just her.

I mean, it doesn't even have an author listed on there. Just "The Washington Times".

It shouldn't be taken seriously as anything.

Just read the wikipedia page if you want an overview of her. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton

Read through her article, but what I find most interesting are the investigations from Whitewater and on.

And while I'm sure plenty of people will cry foul at me saying this, take a closer look at Bill's investigations too. If you're to believe some of the testimony from the Paula Jones/Lewinsky case then Hillary was far more than just an innocent and ignorant bystander in all of that.

Even given that many of the investigations turned up a lack of concrete evidence of wrongdoing, or were turned so political that nothing could be done with them... why can't we find a candidate that has a, if not squeaky clean, then at least a background that's not soiled by the sheer amount of muck she and her husband have walked through?

This is my problem with her. A lack of trust. Because in so many of these cases we just don't know... and in a few we do... but no consequences were ever leveled.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19709 on: June 15, 2016, 09:50:19 pm »

why can't we find a candidate that has a, if not squeaky clean, then at least a background that's not soiled by the sheer amount of muck she and her husband have walked through?

We did. His name is Barack Obama, and he's limited to two terms thanks to That Amendment Ratified Because FDR Was Re-Elected Repeatedly Until He Died In Office.
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 1342