Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: Bay12 Royalty, Legends, Heros, and other Notable people  (Read 39234 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Royalty, Legends, Heros, and other Notable people
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2015, 08:09:26 pm »

*Mechanisms whir. Sulphurous fumes pour through cracks in the ground, chiseled into the turf with unerring precision. These swing open, and the entire hunting party is sent spinning through darkness into a dark keep, deep beneath the earth. Flames ignite with red flames and dancing, orange lights on brackets in the dark walls, showing the sparse furnishings. Cryxis recognises it as one of the more removed dining halls in his palace.*

*Th4DwArfY1 surveys all*

"Friends," he pronounces in a gravelly voice, looking at the mass of limbs that was once the hunting party "I have heard your counsel in the Party Room, and I have this to say. The Cheesemakers have asked for rights, and rights they should have. As the Dwarfy One, I embody all Dwarves, the low and the high. The Lowborn should have equality with the Highborn. Gods should look on us, see our sharp steel and the crafts we have wrought, and see naught but equals. For we are. No being is possessed of an inherent superiority.

This includes the Pompous Prince I see before me. The democratic party has spread its first wings, but still does not realise it is under the yolk of its cocoon even now. The ruling elite preside over the offices of the honourable society, royalty and nobility look down on the uncouth masses with thinly veiled contempt.

They do not recall that they, too, were like us.

They think they are our betters.

But strip a Noble of his rank, I ask you, and what is left? A titan without a name? No. A Dwarf without airs. We Dwarves should not have airs- remember our forefathers! They wielded true nobility when first they struck the earth, and severed the first head from the shoulders of the first invading Goblin. No perfumes. No scents. No airs.

So, I call to you all, denounce the yolk that is Cryxis. Denounce Royalty, denounce nobility, and embrace the greatest thing of all. Dwarfdom. Live, like a Dwarf was meant to, free but for the rock that surrounds us.

Born beneath the rock, live beneath the rock, and die beneath the rock. For both Noble Lord and Common Cheesemaker, this holds true where Societal bonds wear thin."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2015, 08:30:41 pm »

I am confused
Did I not just give all the dwarves of this fort freedom just an hour ago?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2015, 08:40:17 pm »

(STOP CRASHING BEFORE I FINISH MY POST DANG IT!)

-endlessblaze continues his work, from metal and demon corpses, he forges his art.

As the last gems and art are set he looks apon his work and dubs it "flarewind the longing of fire"

-this is an admantite cape, all craftsmanship is of the finest quality.
On the item is an image of a great tree whose branches reach into the sky, and endlessblaze the human.
Endlessblaze is gazing longingly at the tree.
The artwork relates to endlessblaze's disire to return to a world that is no longer within reach.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2015, 08:42:21 pm »

No, my average fellow. You merely deigned to preside over a fledgling democratic society of the beaten down and oppressed. They were so oppressed they saw such limited freedom as more than it was- more than the dictatorship it actually was.

Societal boundaries are clear-cut yet in our ancient fort, do not listen to the propaganda this Prince spouts. He furthers his own regime with every breath he takes, and his words are poison to the Democratic process.

Cast off your title of Prince, and we may speak 'round the dining tables as equals.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2015, 08:54:15 pm »

I hold my title that my forefathers cast onto me
I accept that we are equals but I have yet to be opposed as leader of this fort, and my people run themselves.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2015, 09:03:49 pm »

You spout the words "equality" and "leadership" in the same sentence, and expect the two to become reconciled!

Does the leader hold himself as equal to the child of a Cheesemaker, who he leads?

Does the Prince hold equality with the Peasant?

I think not!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2015, 09:06:52 pm »

"What about those who want the nobility to stay in power?"
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2015, 09:08:18 pm »

Are you saying because my people hold me in power I can not be equal?
Do my people not live lavishly as I do in this secluded fort?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2015, 09:08:35 pm »

Ah, yes, there's actually a special dining room for them, suspended over the mouth of the lava chute. There's also a lever inside, so they can keep the peasants out!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
  • I only accept the finest cans
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2015, 09:12:21 pm »

*I randomly pop in*

"Hey guys, I overheard what you were talking about. O.K, firstly DwArfy even in the most democratic of societies the presidents and senators still have more power than the average citizen. So basically what you are proposing is total anarchy. Although I do think we should have a council of subjects."
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2015, 09:19:25 pm »

"What about those who want the nobility to stay in power?"

To them, I say that their wish puts them on par with those they should tear down. Poor, feeble minds twisted by tradition and browbeaten into shape should be pitied, but also given a certain amount of distrust.

Are you saying because my people hold me in power I can not be equal?
Do my people not live lavishly as I do in this secluded fort?

Do they, indeed? And what is the pampering of the flesh when compared to the hungerings of the soul? You have trapped the Commons in a gilded cage, Prince, but one that is as feeble as the lies which bind it there.

*I randomly pop in*

"Hey guys, I overheard what you were talking about. O.K, firstly DwArfy even in the most democratic of societies the presidents and senators still have more power than the average citizen. So basically what you are proposing is total anarchy. Although I do think we should have a council of subjects."

*Inclines head*

Indeed, there would be anarchy for a time. The natural element of the Dwarf, a remnant from the days of Fire and Rock, Steel and Pick. And do we, the Dwarves, not call the steel better than the copper? For under the yolk of the Upper Class, we have allowed the tempering to stop, and the blade to become weak. But give us the right fires, my Dwarves, my friends, my brothers and we shall rise from the ashes of societal oppression, pure and free and unsullied. Much like the Phoenix rises from its own tomb, we could soar.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2015, 09:21:46 pm »

Yes
Yes they are living lavish lives and do whatever they feel called to do...
I don't know where your anger is comming from..
Half the dwarves in the dinning hall earlier were commoners who sat near my throne partying and drinking.
The rest of my populace just continued doing as they pleased

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2015, 09:22:35 pm »

"But what, if any government would you have?"
Welcome to Bay 12. Drop off your soul in the collection plate on the left.-Remuthura

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2015, 09:23:13 pm »

"You silly short uns' forget about lands truly of the people, perhaps your minds could be focused on simpler things like parties and drinks. Though I can say this, citizen assemblies and Direct Democracies would easily bring more luxury and greatness to this fortress. After all, the people would be so narrow-minded to request for parties, socks, food, and alcohol. Don't give them promises, make them deal with the problems themselves...
You may now behead me for treason or some-such."
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

LORD GOAT THE 120524TH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2015, 09:25:58 pm »

"You silly short uns' forget about lands truly of the people, perhaps your minds could be focused on simpler things like parties and drinks. Though I can say this, citizen assemblies and Direct Democracies would easily bring more luxury and greatness to this fortress. After all, the people would be so narrow-minded to request for parties, socks, food, and alcohol. Don't give them promises, make them deal with the problems themselves...
You may now behead me for treason or some-such."
"I agree with you". *Hands Kassire a map to a secret bunker,for emergencies*
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31