Finally... > Creative Projects

Mongrelmen - ascii RTS/town builder in development

<< < (2/17) > >>

pat:
Cool, thanks for the feedback. That issue of autopilot is something I'm aware of and that's part of the current development arc. I'm going to give the player more control of the military units so you can choose your battles a bit better and also allow you to recall all workers to the totem so they aren't caught in the open. It should also improve when I expand on the buildings available to the player and add a sense of progression to the game.

The slowdown was probably a horrible bug to do with path finding. That's still a fairly experimental part of the game. Scrolling out probably isn't an option with libtcod - I'm locked into a cell based display which is fairly inflexible. I'm definitely going to allow bulk build controls. I can't see why I shouldn't just allow the player to place long lines or even squares of building jobs by dragging the mouse if they want.

Thanks so much for giving it a go.

pat:
And I just finished bulk build orders and job cancelling. You can now designate straight lines or boxes of whatever jobs you like. It makes building walls and a pit for a moat trivial. With a few clicks you can have a fort under construction as long as you cancel a couple of jobs to leave doorways if you so desire.

It'll be included in the next dev build I release which will probably be tomorrow.

pat:
I don't think I've made enough progress this week to warrant a new dev build being put out, but here's a gif of the most recent addition to the game - parties of human adventurers:

As you can see, mongrel workers don't fare so well against organised and tough foes like that. I think that party consisted of a wizard, fighter, paladin and cleric but they vary randomly. And just ignore the huge amount of combat messages at the bottom - I turned the spawn rate up by a magnitude of 100 for the screenshot so that's the reason for that.

dorf:
Is wizard a cat?
It seems most of the time he's either loitering or sleeping!

Toaster:
PTW!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version