Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Mongrelmen - ascii RTS/town builder in development  (Read 7640 times)

pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mongrelmen - ascii RTS/town builder in development
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2015, 04:35:57 pm »

I'll do something about the menus and take a look at colour coding messages.

I'm glad you're having fun with it - it's a pretty big jump from me just goofing around with it and others picking it up and trying to figure the game out and I'm happy that it's actually (mostly) working. Siding with the orcs is definitely the easiest thing to do because they have an ultra aggressive AI. You might find that some of the new recruitable uniques might help, but I generally try to hide from the orcs with my initial camp placement as much as possible.

I'll also spend some time trying to isolate that crash.

pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2015, 12:18:35 am »

Finished work on Rore the beholder, a powerful recruitable unique spellcaster who has the significant downside of enforcing your own tribe to go on probably ill-advised raids.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2015, 08:38:43 am »

Dont abandon this.Sounds awesome.
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2015, 10:45:34 pm »

I'll keep chipping away at it.

Today I added another unique - Barbu the Unwelcome, a demon who appears surrounded by a group of cultists. He is relatively strong in his own right, but the pacifist cultists follow him around constantly healing him to make him much more dangerous.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2015, 03:30:03 am »

Wow, this looks awesome, gonna try it out asap!

pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 12:06:42 am »

Updated version for the new year: https://www.dropbox.com/s/97xkal8i724f658/mongrelmen140116.zip?dl=0

It includes a bunch of new uniques and other mechanics I've been working slowly on for the last few months, mostly in relation to trying to expand the kinds of creatures you come across and a bit of work on resource management. Orcs, kobolds and drow now all drop resources on death in the form of silver, copper and gold respectively.

Obligatory random gif of a battle between demons, cultists, mongrelmen and ogres at the site of a prior kobold massacre:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]