Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Mongrelmen - ascii RTS/town builder in development  (Read 18545 times)

pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mongrelmen - ascii RTS/town builder in development
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2018, 06:10:45 am »

New version up with AI fixes and source code included: http://patjw.itch.io/mongrelmen

Disclaimer: it's not pretty and it's a big single file! Because this is a hobby project, I didn't bother doing anything else - I'm a self-taught programmer and I just wanted to have fun working on it. I could split it up into different files without too much drama but it's not a priority for me.

Aksej

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2018, 11:30:46 am »

Oh, sorry for the delay!
Yeah, including the source code should work.

pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2018, 02:26:35 am »

Next version will have wooden walls renamed as palisades and impassable stone walls put into the game. Pits now carry water and the combination of the two means that we've now got a Mongrelman Castle Simulator:

pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2018, 09:45:14 pm »

New version up: http://patjw.itch.io/mongrelmen

* Heap of bug fixes;
* Sentry AI fix;
* Some debugging info now made available so you can see what AI has acted last which will help me track down what's breaking;
* Map size increased from 200x200 to 300x300 along with some terrain generation tweaks to make things more interesting;
* Added some graphical effects for magic and tweaked existing ones - fireballs should look better and druids and liches are constantly putting on a light show.

And here's a gif showing a bit of a stress test when I summoned a whole heap of undead from an artifically large stockpile of bones. It shows the necromancy visible effects but probably in much too big a scale for you to get a good idea of what it actually looks like - I didn't actually intend on doing that but the gif made me laugh.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2018, 12:25:20 pm »

Any chance of a Mac release any time soon?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

pat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2018, 06:57:18 pm »

I have no idea how to compile an executable release for Mac but I’ve been including the source code with each release so you should be able to play it fairly easily if you have Python installed. I’ve probably used a Mac about three times in my life so I have no idea how, but I’d be interested to hear if you can get it to work.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]