Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Fall of a Planet (Sci-fi Zombie Apocalypse)  (Read 7838 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Fall of a Planet (Sci-fi Zombie Apocalypse)
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

The Daily Planet:

BREAKING NEWS!

25th December, 4014
Alien disease causes riots on planet Hydronus! Millions die in the fires! Looting widespread! Galactic Navy on its way to save it!

1st January, 4015
Galactic Navy claims rioting has died down. Situation under control? Stay tuned for more.

20th February, 4015
Sun shines for Hydronus. Disease stemmed at the source. Relief teams now being sent in.

BREAKING NEWS!

1st May, 4015
Conspiracy theorists successfully infiltrated Hydronus. They claim it is a smoldering wasteland. Numerous sightings and pictures of strange humanoid creatures. Hoax?

7th July, 4015
Conspiracy proven. Multiple videos, photos and actual orders from the Galactic President himself for the extermination of palnet Hydronus. Everything is a lie. We've been lied to. Billions murdered by Galactic Navy.

9th September, 4015
Will the disease spread to other planets? Dr. Felix Strauss says yes. Many Navy soldiers are reported to have contracted the disease and brought it with them to their home planets.

1st January, 4016

"It all started on 1st October, 2015. The first of the infected was reported in the hospital, a soldier who returned home from duty. It spread like wildfire. We didn't think it would ever reach Remus. We were light years away from Hydronus, yet the disease has spread here. The fires have started. The looting has started. The change has started. People were eating people. Giant monsters formed from the corpses of the diseased were spotted smashing buildings. My camera crew is dead. My boss is staring at me with cloudy eyes. I can't take this anymore." The woman on the news pulls out a gun. "Happy New Year."

The recording ends. That's all that's been playing on TV for a week. The disease is rampant across the planet. You and a handful of people are huddled together in a store watching a small TV, hoping for some good news. The plan was to reach the spaceport and leave the planet, but the bridge is broken. You'll have to find another way to the spaceport now.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zombies. What we know. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game Rules (click to show/hide)

Taking 5 players. Not first come, first serve so take your time making your character. This will focus on RP and some combat and strategy.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of a Planet (Sci-fi Zombie Apocalypse)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:43:31 pm »

Reserved.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 08:49:42 pm »

I might join, but....

Thinking of making a character sheet. Though I am going to be offline for a week beginning on Monday so might not be a good idea.

:D

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 08:59:57 pm »

I'll watch, I don't normally play in super lethal settings.

So watching I shall~

If there's an option to control some of the zombies behind the scenes that could be interesting~

If not I shall watch~

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 09:23:47 pm »

I'll watch, I don't normally play in super lethal settings.

So watching I shall~

If there's an option to control some of the zombies behind the scenes that could be interesting~

If not I shall watch~

This isn't going to be super lethal. I wanted this to be more roleplay oriented so if there is a death, it will be to progress and add to the story. Controlling a T3 zombie would be interesting. A recurring enemy to the party, so to speak. I can PM you details if you're interested.
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 09:25:00 pm »

Very much interested, I have a few sapient zombie characters I never get to use.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 09:39:35 pm »

Name:Alex Raman
Sex:Male
Appearance:He has short, Dark hair. His dark skin matches his deep brown eyes. He is of above average height, being slightly taller than most. He is thin and lacks muscle mass.
Background: His father and mother being rich aristocrats, Alex was capable of doing any job he could choose. Being a shelter child, he never had experiences in life-threatening situations. As a child, the most dangerous thing to happen to him was a ride from one planet to another. He went to a prestigious college, and was able to earn his doctorate. He ended up working on Remus as a geneticist, giving people the pets and children they always wanted. He regretted the decision when he ended up stuck on a planet full of monsters.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 11:39:41 pm »

Name: Nikolai Romanov.
Sex: Male.
Occupation: Employed as a factory worker, managing the many machines that create all the items, ranging from toys to firearms.
Appearance: 6'1", green eyes, light brown hair. Very round cheeks, very pale skin.
Background: Born to a wealthy family, Nikolai never had to worry about anything. There was always enough to get by on, even despite the family's declining economic status. However, Nikolai's father eventually managed to gamble away every last penny, leaving the family destitute. Nikolai signed up to work at the age of nineteen, and hasn't stopped since. His parents have since died, but Nikolai married and had a child - he doesn't like to speak of them. Very willing to do what needs to be done.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 11:50:17 pm »

Spoiler:  Andrew Yager (click to show/hide)
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 01:00:22 am »

Name: Miloś Todorović
Sex: Male

Appearance: A gruff, average sized yet muscled man. Wears dark green clothing, and has a ski mask on at night.

Background:A gruff, average sized yet muscled man from who was known to be heavily in involved in a rebel group known as "Pravda". Very good at Hand to Hand combat and Field Medicine.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 01:01:27 am »

Spoiler: Donove Meridin (click to show/hide)

EDIT: AW DAMMIT I JUST MISSED IT DIDN'T I?!

EDITEDIT: Wait, it's not first-come-first-serve. Never mind.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 01:20:12 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 01:03:18 am »

Reserving

EDIT: AW DAMMIT I JUST MISSED IT DIDN'T I?!

Naw, man. This isn't first come first serve, so don't worry. :D
Dying of laughter?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 02:29:01 am »

Name: Michelle Ramirez
Sex: Female
Appearance: She's somewhat heavyset, is around 5'3, has black hair and brown skin. She also has dark brown eyes.
Background: The daughter of poor janitors, Michelle had a fairly good childhood, although one that was mostly spent in poverty. After graduating from high school, she eventually began working for well-off families as a nanny. She dreams sometimes, of doing something more with her life, but for now, she's stuck in her dead-end job.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 07:02:06 am »

Sheet making in progress...

Spoiler: Hit the road, Tux. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 07:17:18 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 07:25:11 am »

Players:

Donove Meridin/flameboy99

Miloś Todorović/Nidilap

Tuxedo Jones/SaberToothTiger

Nikolai Romanov/DontBanTheMan

Michelle Ramirez/wipeout1024

T3 Zombie/Kevak

Waitlist:

Andrew Yager/zomara0292

Alex Raman/Yourmaster

Turn coming up!
Dying of laughter?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7