Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Fall of a Planet (Sci-fi Zombie Apocalypse)  (Read 7832 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of a Planet (Sci-fi Zombie Apocalypse)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 08:23:05 am »

Chapter 1: Ashes of a World

Donove:

How did it come to this? The question swirls in your head as you scrounge around the shelves for any signs of edible food. It looks like this store's been looted clean. This is the day. The day the Stellar Cellar ran out of food. There are numerous packets that lie empty and crushed on the floor. A can of soda has been spilled, but the contents are all dried up. It seems this place is a bust. You stick your head out of the door and call out to Nikolai, who's been raiding a store next door.

"Hey! The Cellar's all clean. You?"

Nikolai doesn't appear out of the doorway, but he responds from the back of the store. "Yeah, I found some protein bars! They're good for another week. There's a bottle of water here, too."

That's good news. The street is empty, which is a good thing. No looters, no infected, as far as you know it's just you, Nikolai, and Michelle. This street, you remember, has a few clothing stores, some convenience stores, and an office building and a supermarket. It's midday.

Nikolai:

Jackpot! Two clean, unexpired protein bars! Jumbo size too, but you wonder if they taste any good. The store is completely empty aside from the two bars, which you found stashed in the manager's desk along with a bunch of papers. You also found a bottle of water in the mini-fridge, but it's lukewarm, probably because the power's been out for a few days. You hear Donove call from the store next door.

"Hey! The Cellar's all clean. You?"

You don't bother coming out of the store. "Yeah, I found some protein bars! They're good for another week. There's a bottle of water here, too."

Baker Street is empty. The only souls here are you, Donove, and Michelle. It's midday.

Michelle:

You're in Fanny's Fab Fabrics, one of the clothe stores you've dreamed of shopping in. The quality wasn't noteworthy, it was mostly the brand that carried weight. You wished you could show your clothes off to all your girlfriends. Right now, what you're worrying about is getting some jackets. It's January now, and its windy and cold. Thankfully it doesn't snow here, but you need some warmth. You've grabbed three thick jackets. That should keep you warm.

You can hear Donove call out from the Cellar across the street and Nikolai respond saying he's found food. That's good news. You still have some food in your pack, but the protein bars are a great addition. Fanny's Fab Fabrics has been looted before. All the chic and expensive jewelry and perfumes have been stolen, as well as the high heels and designer purses. Thankfully the sports section is still here, with some sport shoes if you want any. All the baseball bats are gone, though, along with golf clubs and other weapons. There are a few backpacks too, but all of you have backpacks right now.

This street used to be a hotspot for middle-class people to shop and go for groceries, bustling with students and average joes, but its empty today. It's midday right now.

Milos:

This street is new. The only landmarks you knew on this planet were the ones outlined to you by the rebel commander, but that was before this world went to hell. A few trashcans are turned over. A bench is smashed in half. The windows to the stores are broken. You see a few stores that you recognize: a small Interstellar Cellar, a Fanny's Fab Fabrics, and a big Galactic Market. There are some other local stores here as well.

The jazz player that you met yesterday is having trouble keeping up with your pace. "Eh? Hurry up, Jazz Man! You're slowing me down."

Tux cracks a smile. "Sorry, Macho Man, but I have a health condition. I just need a quick breather. Let's stay and look around here for a while, why don't we?"

It would be good to stock up before you go. Your canteen is half empty, and your down to your last two rations. The street is empty. It is midday.

Tuxedo:

You're having trouble breathing now. The pace you've been going is way too fast, and the cold wind isn't making breathing any easier. What street is this? You don't think you've shopped here before. Mostly you've done your shopping in Maple Avenue, but that place is crawling with infected. You see a bunch of shops here, intergalactic and local.

You can't keep up with this man anymore. You stop and catch your breath. "Eh? Hurry up, Jazz Man! You're slowing me down."

"Sorry, Macho Man, but I have a health condition. I just need a quick breather. Let's stay and look around here for a while, why don't we?" you reply with a smile.

This would be a good chance for you to slow down. You could probably use some food as well. It's midday right now.

Donove:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nikolai:

Michelle:

Milos:

Tuxedo:

I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 10:25:27 am »

Hey, Donove, Nikolai, I've found a few jackets!"
Get the sports shoes, and call out to Donove and Nikolai. Also, put on the jacket.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 11:04:33 am »

Crouch behind some debris after hearing a woman's voice.

"Tux, get behind me and stay quiet... There may be Bandits..."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:12:10 pm by Nidilap »
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
  • [KRUSADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 01:48:02 pm »

(Can I PTW?)
People just be cray cray, yo.
I don't really expect to die from appendicitis after surviving the apocalypse.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 02:07:57 pm »

((Waiting list!

))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 02:17:54 pm »

Donove shivered. He hadn't even thought of how cold he was, until Michelle mentioned the jackets. He also eyed the office. If he'd grabbed his climbing gloves, he'd probably be able to climb that. Not that there would be much point to it, but still, it'd be fun. Also a good way to at least delay some zomms, if they arrive.

"Great! No food in the Cellar, though. Maybe somebody left their lunch in the office building up there? Might be able to find some makeshift weaponry, anyways. Or maybe fortify it, and make a bit of a home base, once we have more supplies."

Begin heading over to the office building. Search the first few floors for anything he could use as a weapon, taking some food if there happens to be any.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:01:08 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 02:23:49 pm »

"We won't last long on two goddamn protein bars..." Nikolai mutters to himself. He raises his voice, "Sounds good, I'll meet you over there!"

Walk over to the office building, begin looting it. Keep my eyes peeled on the way - we are never safe, no matter how safe we think we are.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 02:36:09 pm »

Oh this looks fun can I be a t3 zombie like kevak

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 07:54:13 pm »

Oh this looks fun can I be a t3 zombie like kevak

If he dies.

Waiting on Tuxedo Jones.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 10:01:25 pm »

"You sure, man? I ain't seein' no one, boss."
Crouch on the ground and try to spot movement on the street.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 11:21:05 pm »

Chapter 1: Ashes of a World

Donove:

You call out and tell the others that you're heading over to the office building. It might be good to fortify it as a base, but you won't be sure until you check it out. You find the glass double-door smashed, so you'll need to patch that up if you take the office as a home. The office building is three stories high, with glass pane walls at the front and concrete at the sides and back. The first floor has nothing left, and you cut yourself on a shard of glass. It's not too bad, so you wash it with some water and press on it with your shirt. You also put on the jacket Michelle gives you.

The second floor is much better. In the desk you find a blaster with two clips remaining. There's also a sandwich in a minifridge that hasn't gone moldy yet, and a big bottle of water. The second floor seems to be a reception room, complete with a desk for the secretary, a sofa and a resting chair, and a broken TV.

The third floor seems to be the manager's office. Seems the guy was big in golf, because you find a bag containing four golf clubs! In the manager's desk you find another clip for the blaster, a pile of papers, a picture of a family and a medical card. Medical cards are used to unlock a medical locker in the local clinic. Each family is entitled to one, and each locker contains a first-aid kit, some meds, and a crutch. You would've kept your medical card, but you left yours at home.

Nikolai:

Donove calls back and says that he's going to check out the office building. You reply and tag along with him. Michelle catches up and gives you and Donove your jackets. You put it on, thankful for the warmth in the cold wind. You enter the three story tall building with Donove. The first floor is completely empty, and Donove cuts his hand on a shard of broken glass.

The second floor is better. You find a can of Galacticola and a packet of chips laying on the sofa. It seems this is a reception room. The TV seems to have been shot, leaving three blast marks in it. There is a schoolbag in the corner of a room which Michelle is searching. You head to the top floor.

The top floor has a bag of golf clubs. Seems their used to be a golfer here. You take a golf club from the bag. Donove is busy searching the manager's desk, with a name plaque on it saying Andrew Mitchel. Donove pulls out a medical card and waves it for you and Michelle to see.

Michelle:

Donove calls out and says something about searching that office building. You tag along and give them their jackets. You also put on a pair of sport shoes you took from Fanny's. After putting on your jacket, you feel much warmer and active. You enter the three story office building. The first floor is a bust, and Donove cuts his hand on a shard of glass.

The second floor has more to offer. You find a schoolbag in the corner of the room. There's a baseball bat next to it, along with a baseball cap. You search the schoolbag, finding a packed lunchbox, a math book belonging to Tom Mitchel, a math test with a big, fat F, and pair of toy binoculars (which surprisingly work, they just don't see very far).

The third floor has a bag of golf clubs. You take one from the bag. As Donove searches the manager's desk, you take a peek out of the window-pane walls. You see two figures silently making their way across the street, then leap behind a corner and out of sight.

Milos:

You crouch suddenly when you hear a couple of voices coming out from Fanny's and the Cellar, whispering to Tux to crouch down and stay quiet. It's only been a week or two, but people have already started murdering and raiding, so you've kept on your toes. You see three figures make their way to the office building on the other side of the road.

You motion for Tux to follow you, and you lead him across the street, heading for the grocery store. You and Tux stick to the walls and try your hardest not to make too much noise. Your halfway to the Galactic Market before you spy someone in the third floor of the office building watching you.

You grab Tux by the arm and pull him to the corner, putting a finger to his lips to tell him to stay silent.

Tuxedo:

"You sure, man? I ain't seein-"

You are cut off mid-sentence when Milos pulls you down. He whispers and tells you to stay quiet. You peek over where you're hiding and see three figures in the street walking towards the office building. You're honestly worried; with your health condition you can't stand your own in a fight. Milos could defend you, but not against three potentially armed foes.

Milos motions you to follow him down the street. You think he's headed for the Galactic Market. Your halfway down the road when Milos suddenly stops and pulls you into a corner. He puts a finger to his lips and points to the third floor of the office building. You can faintly make out the figure of a woman.

Donove:

Nikolai:

Michelle:

Milos:

Tuxedo:

Dying of laughter?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 11:57:43 pm »

Posting to follow, this looks pretty fun.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 12:11:09 am »

((Assuming Michelle tells me about the pair heading down the street:))

Donove knew he wasn't a good shot. In fact, he was an absolutely terrible shot. He remembered his jackass of a father taking him out on hunting trips, which invariably ended with nothing but some new holes in a few trees and a disappointed father. Furthermore, he had no stomach for gore and viscera. Still, they didn't know that. Fumbling, he loaded a clip into the blaster, and moved to the window. He pointed the blaster vaguely in the direction of the two.

"Hey! I gotta gun, drop any weapons you have! I don't wanna shoot you, man, b-but I will if I have to! One of us is comin' down to make sure you aren't armed or infected. D-don't try anything, or else!"

He silently cursed himself as the stutter that plagued his childhood began to rear its head once more. He really, really hoped it wouldn't come down to combat, but if it was one of his friends or one of them...Well, he tried not to think about that.
He glanced at Michelle and Nikolai, making a motion suggesting one of them should head down to street level and scope them out.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 01:56:26 am »

Roll my eyes, start heading down to the street with the golf club. "You were never one for violence, Donove. Just don't accidently shoot me." Motion for Michelle to follow, gesture for her to get a golf club as well.

Once down at street level, walk cautiously toward where Michelle spotted the strangers, golf club readied. Fight only if necessary.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 02:51:11 am »

Michelle wasn't entirely sure whether Donove and Nikolai saw the two people, so she decided to tell them.
"Guys, I saw two people down the street. Be careful."
She felt this might not end well. "We at least have the numbers advantage", she thought, and followed Nikolai.
Tell Donove, and Nikolai about the two people, and follow Nikolai, with the golf club in my hands. Also take the toy binoculars.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:56:22 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7