Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod V4.0 - including Stonesense Support  (Read 25329 times)

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
  • Trust the plump helmet! ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    • View Profile
Re: More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 12:45:24 am »

Ok. Thx for your feedback. Then I will try it with the code four postings above this one.

If you're using DFHack, you can also add a reaction-trigger to the mercury-smelting reaction so that someone performing the smelt reaction is always considered exposed.  Put this in onload.init:
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName MERCURY_MAKING -syndrome "mercury poisoning"

Does always considered exposed mean, whenever he is smelting the ore, he will suffer the syndromes at a 100 % probability?

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod V1.1
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 08:18:31 am »

V1.1 released (Minor Update)

Mercury is now toxic (at least I hope so) and filled into vials after extracting.
Fixed an error in the code of titanium.
Bauxite occurs as vein instead of large cluster to avoid aluminum overload.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:21:33 am by Urist McGoombaBrother »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 03:16:35 pm »

Ok. Thx for your feedback. Then I will try it with the code four postings above this one.

If you're using DFHack, you can also add a reaction-trigger to the mercury-smelting reaction so that someone performing the smelt reaction is always considered exposed.  Put this in onload.init:
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName MERCURY_MAKING -syndrome "mercury poisoning"

Does always considered exposed mean, whenever he is smelting the ore, he will suffer the syndromes at a 100 % probability?
Yes, by "exposed" I meant that the worker would always be infected with the syndrome at the end of the reaction.  With <100% probability of each symptom, however, that doesn't mean the worker will always get hurt.  A syndrome vanishes if it has no active symptoms on the creature, so you probably wouldn't notice the harmless runs of the reaction.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

catten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 12:52:03 pm »

More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod V1.1

My first mod so far. I added a total of about 100 new ore, stone, metals and gems to create more variety. All of them exist in reality as well.

new Stone Layer:
Feldspar (Igneous Intrusive)
Nice.

Spoiler: New Ores: (click to show/hide)
You might also consider adding Tennantite (Copper 100%, Iron 25%). It would replace Tetrahedrite in igneous layers, and compete with it in metamorphic layers. Overall, there's roughly one Tennantite vein for every 3 Tetrahedrite.

Spoiler: new Alloys (click to show/hide)
I like the idea of different colors of steel, just for variety if nothing else.

FYI: Argentan is supposed to be in the game already as "Nickel Silver" but Toady (accidentally?) swapped the ratios for Cu and Ni...

I've modded several other alloys into my game and would be happy to give you the raws for any you find interesting enough to add (no point posting a competing "moar metal mod"). The alloys I chose were designed to round out weapons and armor a bit, especially edge vs. blunt (so you can have metals that are better at one but worse at the other).

Spoiler: Catten's alloys (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Misc. tweaks (click to show/hide)

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 06:58:22 pm »

More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod V1.1

My first mod so far. I added a total of about 100 new ore, stone, metals and gems to create more variety. All of them exist in reality as well.

Many hours were spent researching everything with google/wikipedia to keep things somehow accurate (when info was available). However, I am no geologist. So, when some things appear odd to you, please let me know. I am furthermore open to suggestions. Want to see some other specific materials? Just drop me a line, ideally with some sort of source regarding the data.

Big thx to everybody in the forums for helping me out regarding my questions, and to ToadyOne and ThreeToe for creating such a great game.

Important Info:

There are two different versions available:

1) Phoebus Version (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10415): Tiles for materials are selected to make sense with Phoebus Tile-Set. I tried to keep as much new content as possible in separate files to make merging with existing mods easier. Following steps need to be taken care of:

a) Delete following stones in your file "inorganic_stone_mineral.txt": Bauxite, Cinnabar, Cobaltite, Ilmenite, Rutile. They are now ores and included as amended version in a seperate file. Otherwise you will have them listed twice, which might cause trouble.

b) There is a file called "entity_default_XXXmanually add reactions_realXXX.txt". As the name indicates, it includes the reaction-permissions for the new alloys. Simply add them to your file "entity_default.txt".

c) To activate the mod, a new world must be generated. Works with DF34.X and DF40.X. Not sure about others. But as long as those materials aren't included, you should be fine.

2) Vanilla Version as requested (http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10460): Tiles are selected to make somehow sense with Vanilla DF2014 (and also DF2012). All changes are implemented in the vanilla-files. When you have the Vanilla-Version of DF v34 or DF v40 installed, you can simply overwrite them. Otherwise you will have to merge them manually with your existing mods. In both cases the generation of a new world is required.

Have fun. :-)

Content:

Spoiler: New Ores: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: new Pure Metals: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: new Alloys (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: new Stone Layer: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: new Stone, Other: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: new Gems: (click to show/hide)

Looks good, but I just genned a large north America map D:

Looks like I'll have to go back into world gen.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod V2.0 - Now with Stonesense Support
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 05:29:32 am »

Major Update to V2.0 released

now supports Stonesense
new way to produce Titanium. Previously Titanium was way too easy to produce. Now you first need to smelt the providing ores into Titanium Clinker, then create Titanium Tetrachloride (needs Chlorite) and finally you get Titanium (needs Magnesia) to resemble the Kroll Process.
new way to produce the various Steel Alloys (Nickel Steel is new), now more closely related to standard steel production
a few new stones
adapted colouring for some materials

FYI: Argentan is supposed to be in the game already as "Nickel Silver" but Toady (accidentally?) swapped the ratios for Cu and Ni...

Yeah. Argentan has the ratio "3 Copper + 1 Nickel + 1 Zinc", Nickel Silver has the ratio "2 Nickel + 1 Copper + 1 Zinc". So I guess the existing of both can be justified. XD

I've modded several other alloys into my game and would be happy to give you the raws for any you find interesting enough to add (no point posting a competing "moar metal mod"). The alloys I chose were designed to round out weapons and armor a bit, especially edge vs. blunt (so you can have metals that are better at one but worse at the other).

That will be awesome. I am definitely interested in your raws. Especially the distinctions regarding weapon quality sounds interesting. That's something definitely missing in this mod so far (except Titanite) due to my lack of experience with weaponry. Please upload your files somewhere, so I can check them. Many thx for your kind offer. :-)

You might also consider adding Tennantite (Copper 100%, Iron 25%). It would replace Tetrahedrite in igneous layers, and compete with it in metamorphic layers. Overall, there's roughly one Tennantite vein for every 3 Tetrahedrite.

Sure. Chances are good to make it in within the next update.

Looks good, but I just genned a large north America map D:

How fitting. I just genned a South America Map. XD

http://i.imgur.com/5yfn4rd.png

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:56:35 am by Urist McGoombaBrother »

catten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 09:27:23 pm »

new way to produce Titanium. Previously Titanium was way too easy to produce. Now you first need to smelt the providing ores into Titanium Clinker, then create Titanium Tetrachloride (needs Chlorite) and finally you get Titanium (needs Magnesia) to resemble the Kroll Process.
Can't decide if titanium smelting is too advanced for even dwarves, but it will be interesting to see how it balances out as the mod matures.

Yeah. Argentan has the ratio "3 Copper + 1 Nickel + 1 Zinc", Nickel Silver has the ratio "2 Nickel + 1 Copper + 1 Zinc". So I guess the existing of both can be justified. XD
I originally planned to correct the broken ratio in Nickel Silver, to use "2 Cu + 1 Ni + 1 Zn" but then I realized the current form is actually useful. It makes a remarkably accurate match to the ratios of metals needed in real life when making Paktong Bronze and White Gold, for example. So it stayed.

That will be awesome. I am definitely interested in your raws. Especially the distinctions regarding weapon quality sounds interesting. That's something definitely missing in this mod so far (except Titanite) due to my lack of experience with weaponry. Please upload your files somewhere, so I can check them. Many thx for your kind offer. :-)
Try this.

Here's my current understanding of how material properties factor into weapons and combat:

Edge attacks use SHEAR_YIELD and SHEAR_FRACTURE, respectively, as lower and upper bound of their strength. Bigger is better for both. It's not clear that SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD has any impact, and if it does, whether larger or smaller is better (in theory smaller is better, but I've seen contradictory outcomes in arena mode tests when I varied it). Armor defending against edge attacks uses exactly the same, which is why a sword or axe can almost never penetrate armor made of the same material.

Blunt attacks use IMPACT_YIELD and IMPACT_FRACTURE in exactly the same way edge attacks use SHEAR_*. However, blunt (attack and defense) also depend most on density, with IMPACT_* as a significant secondary issue. That's why Silver does so unreasonably well in spite of its terrible material properties. It's dense! This is also why Candy makes terrible plate armor and war hammers---both depend on mass to deal their damage, and light materials just can't deliver.

There's a Gnuplot script in the upload that plots SHEAR vs IMPACT ranges for all the materials I added/modded, to give a visual sense of how they compare. That was vastly easier for me to reason about than fiddling with a calculator. A fair amount of arena-mode testing---highly recommended if you want to fine-tune your metals---suggests that the metals I added behave pretty much as intended. The one annoyance is I don't think it's actually accurate for edge damage and defense to be using exactly the same properties. A sufficiently sharp edge should be able to penetrate a flat surface made of the same material IMO. But anyway, that's what different metals are for. The ideal non-Candy armor setup would be Damascus Steel mail shirt(s) over Royal Steel plate. The former stops almost any edge attack, while the latter excels at stopping blunt (including the blunt that failed edge attacks convert to).

The other material properties seem to have little or no impact on weapon/armor (supposedly they matter for wrestling when a creature is made of that material?).

Finally, note that all armors have the same thickness, so their weight depends only on density of the material. That's why I modeled Damascus Steel as 60% the density of normal steel---that's the only way I could find to model that you can use less material to get the same strength.

BTW, as you'll be able to find in the notes I included in the upload, Nickel is primarily a toughener. My intuition is that this would make it good for blunt but probably not so much edge. You'd want a hardener for edge. Nickel is also remarkably good for handling low temperatures. That doesn't matter right now, but some day it would be really cool if the game tracked the effect of temp on materials. So, e.g. hacking at an ice titan with your normal iron sword makes it shatter (or at least do poorly), while a nickel iron sword would penetrate just as well as ever.

One last note: even if you don't add new mineral/vein types, the relative abundance of materials is amazingly out of whack. The upload includes a dfhack script you can run to tally up how much of every mineral exists in a world (excludes layer stone and gems, but you could probably change that easily enough). I used it to tweak material frequencies to something reasonable. Much less sphalerite and gold, more copper ores, etc.

Good luck!

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 03:56:51 pm »

Many thx. That's a nice package. Following questions appeared so far:

Do you mind when I am implementing some changes into the materials/reactions?

e.g. Regarding manganese production:

1 Pyrosulite + 1 Native Aluminum yields 1 Manganese and 1 Bauxite => however, I modded Bauxite so it yields 50 % Aluminum and 50 % Iron. So the loss isn't that big. => To compensate that, I might amend it to 2 Pyrosulite + 2 Native Aluminum yields 1 Manganese, 1 Bauxite and 2 Iron Slag or something like that.

You used several times environment codes with frequency > 100 like with Tennantite:

[ENVIRONMENT:METAMORPHIC:VEIN:150]
[ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE:VEIN:120]

Does this really work? According to the wiki, the frequence ranges only from 0 to 100.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Inorganic_material_definition_token

May I ask, what's your source for frequency and environment locations of the minerals?

Dark Pig Iron uses following ingredient:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE] "sealed in a clay crucible"
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]

What does fired_mat mean? Which boulders are taken for the reaction?

Nickel-Iron has nearly the same formula as Nickel Pig Iron, which I have already implemented so far. The big difference is that nickel pig iron can only be used for Nickel Steel production (same as Standard/Vanadium/Niobium/Cobalt Pig Iron). So more uniform will be Nickel Pig Iron. However you brought good arguments to make it actually useable. One of both needs to be cut out to avoid dupes. But for now I am not sure, which one.

I really like the idea of slag as waste product and that the higher quality iron slag can be recycled.

One last note: even if you don't add new mineral/vein types, the relative abundance of materials is amazingly out of whack. The upload includes a dfhack script you can run to tally up how much of every mineral exists in a world (excludes layer stone and gems, but you could probably change that easily enough). I used it to tweak material frequencies to something reasonable. Much less sphalerite and gold, more copper ores, etc.

What's the dfhack command to activate the script? And when to use it. Already in the world creation screen or at the embark screen?

catten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 01:53:26 am »

Do you mind when I am implementing some changes into the materials/reactions?
Nope. Go to town. Even if I didn't like something you did, I would just change it back on the worlds I genned, so no big deal.

That said...
1 Pyrosulite + 1 Native Aluminum yields 1 Manganese and 1 Bauxite => however, I modded Bauxite so it yields 50 % Aluminum and 50 % Iron. So the loss isn't that big. => To compensate that, I might amend it to 2 Pyrosulite + 2 Native Aluminum yields 1 Manganese, 1 Bauxite and 2 Iron Slag or something like that.
I thought it yielded 4 manganese bars and 1 bauxite stone?

Anyway, the "loss" is turning super-expensive Aluminum into pretty-cheap Manganese. Your proposed change doesn't really remove that.

Re iron: The Manganese smelting reaction basically uses pure Aluminum to "steal" oxygen from manganese dioxide, producing aluminum oxide and pure manganese. The bauxite stone is basically aluminum slag. There's really no iron involved here (neither native aluminum nor pyrolusite contains any), so maybe in your world---where bauxite contains significant iron---it would be better to make the reaction produce normal slag instead?

If you do make bauxite an iron ore, I would suggest changing it to yield 100% Al and 20% Fe (similar to how Tetrahedrite works). Then you'd expect about one bar of iron for every bauxite stone, in addition to the 4 normal Al bars you made. Or if Al-smelting is a multi-step thing, maybe have the first step produce an iron slag with 50% probability (and normal slag the other 50% of the time), like how Dark Iron works?

You used several times environment codes with frequency > 100 like with Tennantite:

[ENVIRONMENT:METAMORPHIC:VEIN:150]
[ENVIRONMENT:IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE:VEIN:120]

Does this really work? According to the wiki, the frequence ranges only from 0 to 100.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Inorganic_material_definition_token

May I ask, what's your source for frequency and environment locations of the minerals?
Heh. That might explain some of the stranger results I saw while tweaking. I had the impression that larger numbers were more rare (like mineral frequency in world-gen). All the frequencies were hand-tuned by genning lots of worlds until the mineral balance seemed sane.

I can say with some certainty that numbers < 50 also act strangely, which doesn't help efforts to balance things.

Dark Pig Iron uses following ingredient:

[REAGENT:B:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE] "sealed in a clay crucible"
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]

What does fired_mat mean? Which boulders are taken for the reaction?
That's the magic incantation for Clay. There are 4-5 varieties of clay (see inorganic_stone_soil.txt), and reactions can identify them because they're tagged with the reaction class FIRED_MAT. Just be careful, porcelain-producing clays also have that tag, so you could make a very expensive crucible if you're not careful :)

Nickel-Iron has nearly the same formula as Nickel Pig Iron, which I have already implemented so far. The big difference is that nickel pig iron can only be used for Nickel Steel production (same as Standard/Vanadium/Niobium/Cobalt Pig Iron). So more uniform will be Nickel Pig Iron. However you brought good arguments to make it actually useable. One of both needs to be cut out to avoid dupes. But for now I am not sure, which one.
Pig iron, aka cast iron, has high carbon content that makes it completely non-malleable. It's primarily useful as a way to introduce a controlled amount of carbon into steel (producing high-carbon steel, which is very strong but still malleable). I don't see any reason you couldn't have a nickel pig iron, but it's not clear you need it. The impression I got from my research is that good Nickel Steel has fairly low Ni content (3-9%) where nickel iron (= meteoric iron) would have more like 15-20% Ni content. So "1 Pig Iron + 1 Nickel Iron + 1 flux = 1 Nickel Steel" would seem very reasonable, with no need for a Nickel Pig Iron.

Note that nickel steel is largely used for cryogenic applications in real life, though, because it's not really stronger than normal steel---it just maintains its fairly normal properties at abnormally cold temps that would make almost any other metal/alloy weak and brittle. DF doesn't have temps anywhere near that cold, so I hadn't put a Nickel Steel alloy in my mod (Nickel Iron is much better than plain iron, so it did make the cut). Then again, my Royal Steel alloy actually has quite a bit of Nickel, in addition to the Manganese (the two supposedly complement each other nicely). So maybe Royal Steel and Nickel Steel should just merge in your mod.

I really like the idea of slag as waste product and that the higher quality iron slag can be recycled.
It was kind of a "well, duh" moment for me also when I realized vanilla DF didn't have slag---I grew up in a town with a steel mill, and the giant slag heaps were a major feature of the installation.

The upload includes a dfhack script you can run to tally up how much of every mineral exists in a world
What's the dfhack command to activate the script? And when to use it. Already in the world creation screen or at the embark screen?

[DFHack]# lua
[lua]# dfhack.run_script('devel/count-all-veins')
You can use it any time a map is accessible (which includes embark site selector and even active games), but the most convenient time is during world gen just after history starts unfolding. Year 1-5 is plenty. If you run sooner than that you could scan the map before all the minerals are placed, or analyze a region that ends up being rejected... which can really throw off the reported numbers.

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 04:44:03 pm »

Released a little Quick Fix from V2.0 to 2.1

Corrected formulas of Cobalt, Nickel, Niobium and Vanadium Pig Iron. Somehow I messed them completely up and didn't notice it while testing until now. Instead of 4 Iron + 1 Ingridient, you needed 4 Ingridient and no Iron. Stupid me.

I thought it yielded 4 manganese bars and 1 bauxite stone?

Yes. 4 Bars are the equivalent of 1 boulder. Just resized everything to the same scale for my notes for easier comparison.

There's really no iron involved here (neither native aluminum nor pyrolusite contains any), so maybe in your world---where bauxite contains significant iron---it would be better to make the reaction produce normal slag instead?

Not just in my world. XD According to wikipedia bauxite contains the two iron oxides goethite and haematite. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauxite) But looks like I have overestimated the amount of iron ore included. 80 % Aluminum, 20 % Iron might be a better balance.

Pig iron, aka cast iron, has high carbon content that makes it completely non-malleable. It's primarily useful as a way to introduce a controlled amount of carbon into steel (producing high-carbon steel, which is very strong but still malleable). I don't see any reason you couldn't have a nickel pig iron, but it's not clear you need it. The impression I got from my research is that good Nickel Steel has fairly low Ni content (3-9%) where nickel iron (= meteoric iron) would have more like 15-20% Ni content. So "1 Pig Iron + 1 Nickel Iron + 1 flux = 1 Nickel Steel" would seem very reasonable, with no need for a Nickel Pig Iron.

From what I have found out, the classic steel alloy creation is like first produce steel and as final step the various materials are added. So for Dwarf Fortress this could mean. First Steel and then mix a couple of steel bars with 1 bar extra material to create a few bars of a specific alloy. But the question is, what's the most interesting, but still somehow realistic way, from gaming perspective? When first creating steel and then adding the extra material, like I had in V1.0, the alloy production steps are always the same and only differ slightly at the end, which I think is a little boring. When creating pig whatever iron first, you have got one extra material for each alloy and then the final two steps differ. But maybe there are even more interesting ways. I especially like in your mod the four steps required for Damascus Steel (Dark Iron - Dark Pig Iron - Wootz Steel - Damascus Steel).

It was kind of a "well, duh" moment for me also when I realized vanilla DF didn't have slag---I grew up in a town with a steel mill, and the giant slag heaps were a major feature of the installation.

Will also add slag to other reactions. Maybe it makes sense to create even more types of slag.

[DFHack]# lua
[lua]# dfhack.run_script('devel/count-all-veins')

Thx. Worked. How to jump back from [lua]# to [DFHack]#?

Is there a specific way to create slag glaze and store it in a stockpile? It appears in the stockpile menu. But when selecting "glaze item" at the kiln, it takes directly the raw slag and after processing the earthenware jug or whatever is already glazed with slag glaze.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:49:53 pm by Urist McGoombaBrother »

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod V2.1 - Now with Stonesense Support
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 01:12:28 pm »

Major Update to V3.0 released

Introduces Slag as "Waste" Product, some of it can be recycled, the rest can be used for glazing or as additional building material
Steel Forge covering the various pig-iron and steel processes to declutter the main forge
many new Alloys, Stones, Ores, Gems and Reactions added

Big thx goes to catten for providing the raws to many of the new materials and reactions as well as the forge. I didn't amend the frequency of the metals. Due to the sheer amount of new materials, e.g. Gold automatically appears much less frequent.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:46:09 pm by Urist McGoombaBrother »

Jordan~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod V3.0 - including Stonesense Support
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2015, 07:25:45 am »

For new gemstones, how about taaffeite, musgravite, painite and jeremejevite? All four are rarer and more valuable than diamond, and their value ascends in that order.

Taaffeite and musgravite both occur in carbonate rocks - limestone, aragonite, calcite and dolomite, principally - with mica, fluorite, spinel and tourmaline. Taaffeite has clear, red, green and purple colour variants, while musgravite has green, grey and purple colour variants.

Painite occurs in alluvial gem gravels (so soil, sand and clay layers) and varies in colour from red through orange to grey.

Jeremejevite occurs in certain forms of granite in association with albite, tourmaline, quartz and occasionally gypsum. It can be clear, white or faintly yellow or blue.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:41:46 pm by Jordan~ »

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 12:46:53 am »

Thx for your suggestions. Will make it in next update. As well as aragonite. :-)

Button

• Bay Watcher
  • Plants Specialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 10:22:03 am »

Suggestion: somewhat rare clusters of meteoric iron (taenite, kamacite) in sedimentary, igneus extrusive, and possibly soil layers. These are iron/nickel ores and could provide a valuable source of iron on volcanic embarks.
I used to work on Modest Mod and Plant Fixes.

Always assume I'm not seriously back

Urist McGoombaBrother

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 11:50:15 pm »

Suggestion: somewhat rare clusters of meteoric iron (taenite, kamacite) in sedimentary, igneus extrusive, and possibly soil layers. These are iron/nickel ores and could provide a valuable source of iron on volcanic embarks.

Thx. Also those will make it in. I don't think you need to worry about lack of iron. XD

Not sure, if it is possible to define a soil layer as environment, but will try. Have only seen various stone so far. :-)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:13:19 am by Urist McGoombaBrother »
Pages: 1 [2] 3