Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Sovereign Of Stories: a Psudo-Competitive Storytelling Game [Replacements Open]  (Read 4165 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(bump?)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

CLAIM: A black wolf with no eyes.

Could anybody really consider that a person, however? As much as the Scale was supposed to choose a "person"... could a black wolf be considered a person?

It also had no eyes, the Archmage noted.

No matter. That was what the Scales choose.

"I... I... sanity died. BRING FORTH THE KING!"

The Four Archdragons disappeared. One via teleportation, one took flight, one dove into the earth, and one faded into nothingness. After a few awkward moments, the Archdragons reappeared in a flash of light, bringing with them a growling black wolf with no eyes.

"I... well then. LONG LIVE THE KING!"

The Archmage grabbed the current king's crown, and placed it atop the wolf's head.

The previous king, the Janitor and her townsfolk... everybody but the Archdragons, really, stared at the "king".

"Wait, what just happened?" The Janitoress remarked, staring.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It will be 72 hours in around 2 hours, I will post a CLAIM by then))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CLAIM:

To the Janitoress interrogation, a dragon answered:
"The King has been chosen ! The one who shall lead the kingdom of Aldara to the greatest heights !"

Everyone stared at the eyeless black wolf with mixed looks. And as to answer to everyone's expectations, a magic light enveloped the wolf's body. In an instant, the black wolf was gone. Instead there was a half naked man standing there, with tan skin and long flowing black hairs. His body was scarred and muscular, and his blind eyes closed. Wearing only some kind of crude long skirt, he appeared like a savage.

Now to everyone's surprise bar the Dragons, the man introduced himself :
"I don't know who you are or what is happening, but you have the wrong person. I am not a king, I am a mere Wildshifter of the East."

A Dragon stood forth and said :
"The Scale never lies, if you were chosen, your destiny is to rule."

Indeed the Scale directed a ray of light toward the Wildshifter. Following the flow, the Archmage walked toward the man and gave him the Scale of Fate. With an uncertain movement, he took the Scale, and immediately he was filled with the voice of the Scale.

It said to him :
"Reg Allupus, Wolf Shifter of Aldara. You will be the one to unite the people of Aldara under one rule, to unite Humans and non-Humans alike under one king. Together, you will face the great calamity that is going to awaken. In time you will know of your role in the great machinery of Fate, for now you must follow the path."

These words echoed with Reg Allupus heart. Yet at the same time, this immense responsibility threatened to crush him under its weight... But he stood strong, and grasped the Scale of Fate with a resolute air.

This was but the beginning of the reign of Reg Allupus the First, and the start of a greater saga.

(...)

Two years later, Reg still reigned over the kingdom of Aldara, having managed to become a great and accepted ruler. He was now know as Reg Allupus the Blind Wolf-King of Aldara. With the guidance of the Four Archdragons and the Scale of Fate, he made the kingdom prosper, making the embers of rebellion disappear.

Yet the first words of the Scale still troubled him. What kind of great calamity would befell on them ? Neighboring nations were at peace with them, and no war seemed to be within sight. Only rumors of strange happenings in the far north seemed worthy of note.

Wanting to take care of this matter quickly, he sent a trusted friend and advisor on a quest to uncover what was happening in the far north. For that matter, this person gathered a group of special individuals. Together they set off, heading toward the object of their mission...

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(bump, a call to other players.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]