Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there any way to make dwarves wash themselves  (Read 1834 times)

em1LL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there any way to make dwarves wash themselves
« on: January 14, 2015, 07:36:33 am »

Hi all!

Is there any way to make dwarves wash themselves? I already have well and soap but they don't want to use it.

Thanks in advance.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way to make dwarves wash themselves
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 07:39:20 am »

They will when they want to.

But you can also make a waterfall in your main stairway so everyone gets a shower.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 08:35:32 am »

They will when they want to.

But you can also make a waterfall in your main stairway so everyone gets a shower.

They get happy thoughts from the mist, on the other hand the mud will drain fps I guess.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:06:27 am »

In your major hallwys, put a ditch with 3/7 water in it. The dwarves will path through it just fine, and they will get cleaned as they do it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:57:03 am »

In your major hallwys, put a ditch with 3/7 water in it. The dwarves will path through it just fine, and they will get cleaned as they do it.

If possible, have it so it can be drained.
Even better, have a typically retracted bridge over it - when it's time to purge, make the bridge appear again, purge with magma, then refill with water, then retract again.
Typically, I let dwarves stay dirty. Helps with intimidating traders, migrants, and invaders.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 03:06:45 pm »

Even better, have a typically retracted bridge over it - when it's time to purge, make the bridge appear again, purge with magma, then refill with water, then retract again.
Typically, I let dwarves stay dirty. Helps with intimidating traders, migrants, and invaders.

The extra dirt on them may help clog cuts and wounds too! ;) Ach, nein! I got stabbed by in the leg! No worries, I'll just take some mud from my arm and mash it down in there.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 03:13:08 pm »

It would be cool if in the future, toady made dwarves randomly catch diseases (like the flu of something.) they can pass it on if they are close to other dwarves. And having gunk on them increases the chances.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 06:51:37 am »

Last time I tried to make a drainable bath I lost half of the babies in the fort through the grates...

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 07:06:31 am »

Last time I tried to make a drainable bath I lost half of the babies in the fort through the grates...
You are going to OOCQ.
In a time before time, I had a name.